Where are the New England Peeps?

Missed this one. Out of town visiting grandchildren.
Was this just a day off for Tatum, or is there an injury?

Tatum has a sore L wrist but it was more about giving him the day off.

Marcus Smart injured his ankle in the first half and didn’t return (X-rays showed no structural damage.

Robert Williams left after banging knees with Jalen Brown and is day to day.

Tatum has a sore L wrist but it was more about giving him the day off.

Marcus Smart injured his ankle in the first half and didn’t return (X-rays showed no structural damage.

Robert Williams left after banging knees with Jalen Brown and is day to day.
Thank you for the injury report.
Is Amina worried you'll take her job

Taking a break from sports talk: I found a really cool concert series going on in Boston at various venues called Candlelight Concerts. They perform by candlelight, and do selections based on a theme. They have tributes to Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, Queen, etc.

https://feverup.com/en/boston/candlelight?utm_source=tiktok&utm_mediu

NIce post. Would love for other folks to post cool stuff happening. I might start posting contra dances as soon as I'm going to them again, which I hope is soon.

NIce post. Would love for other folks to post cool stuff happening. I might start posting contra dances as soon as I'm going to them again, which I hope is soon.
Absolutely!! New England only has a unhealthy obsession with sports… but we do other things too!

ooooof, that was a pretty rough fourth quarter there. Beating the Canadiens in Montreal does help though... :)

I still say Tatum is a great player but he’s not a leader.
I would be glad to talk about going to live music in Connecticut, but there don't seem to be active Connecticut folks
so
That last play. What I was thinking at the time was that Tatum had decided, once he got the ball, that he was going to shoot a 3. Either he would miss, and the game would be over, or he'd make it, and they'd win.
He did not seem to want to bother with OT in Maimi on the second day of back-to-backs when he played a lot.
The criticism of Mazzula for not calling time out may be legit, but he seems to think that the players learn from doing rather than being told.
That only works if the man with the ball wants to go all out to win.

I still say Tatum is a great player but he’s not a leader.
Agreed, I think. It's hard to remember sometimes that he's still pretty young. At the end of the day, we're going to have frustrating nights but our two All Stars are definitely capable of being the core of a championship team. Fingers crossed about injuries, though... because coming out of the East is going to be a fight.

Now who's talking music? Anyone have shows coming up they are going to?

How did everybody survive the deep freeze? We were on vacation for it, and we were scared to leave the house (we've already come home to a burst heating pipe a few years ago).

I stayed up pretty much all weekend turning faucets on and off, babysitting space heaters in the basement and starting my vehicles. No burst or frozen pipes but both vehicle batteries died anyway. It was worth staying awake as many of my coworkers had burst pipes and flooding. One even had the water in her toilet freeze and the toilet cracked along with the wax ring splitting in half.

Possibly 60 degrees on Friday. 👍🏼

I stayed up pretty much all weekend turning faucets on and off, babysitting space heaters in the basement and starting my vehicles. No burst or frozen pipes but both vehicle batteries died anyway. It was worth staying awake as many of my coworkers had burst pipes and flooding. One even had the water in her toilet freeze and the toilet cracked along with the wax ring splitting in half.

Possibly 60 degrees on Friday. 👍🏼
Talk about virtue is it's own reward.

We let the faucets dribble to prevent freezing, and our boiler had trouble keeping up with the cold. It got down to about 50 degrees in parts of the house. Other than that, no issues (thank God). Our neighbors all seemed to come through it OK.

Typically, I'll ensure staff and friends go through the normal precautions for any colder weather events. Dry gas in the tank, let your car warm up as usual, no electronics left in a car too long, physically inspect basements for any water that isn't where it is supposed to be. I was able to not have to go out Friday morning to Saturday afternoon when I had a table top board game event I attended at a local library.

Typically, I'll ensure staff and friends go through the normal precautions for any colder weather events. Dry gas in the tank, let your car warm up as usual, no electronics left in a car too long, physically inspect basements for any water that isn't where it is supposed to be. I was able to not have to go out Friday morning to Saturday afternoon when I had a table top board game event I attended at a local library.
So some call you Tim? Welcome to the thread.

So some call you Tim? Welcome to the thread.
The name is an allusion to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I'll not stay, technically not New England, just over the border of the six states. I will say, however, I was in Holyoke at the Children's Museum and then the Connecticut Science Center for a long weekend in January. Looking at Mystic and the aquarium when the weather gets nicer, though Boston might be in a couple weekends since that aquarium is more indoors.

The name is an allusion to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I'll not stay, technically not New England, just over the border of the six states. I will say, however, I was in Holyoke at the Children's Museum and then the Connecticut Science Center for a long weekend in January. Looking at Mystic and the aquarium when the weather gets nicer, though Boston might be in a couple weekends since that aquarium is more indoors.
I was paraphrasing Some call me Tim from THG. Prepare Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

New England guy here, back after a hiatus! Lots of great changes in seeing here. Excited to follow and connect again 😊

Back