Where are the New England Peeps?

I stayed up pretty much all weekend turning faucets on and off, babysitting space heaters in the basement and starting my vehicles. No burst or frozen pipes but both vehicle batteries died anyway. It was worth staying awake as many of my coworkers had burst pipes and flooding. One even had the water in her toilet freeze and the toilet cracked along with the wax ring splitting in half.

Possibly 60 degrees on Friday. 👍🏼
As a New England peep in Maine you were very wise to turn faucets on and off, flush toilets, run showers, keep sink cabinet doors open. Never let them just drip. Glad all was ok!! Did the same, "Uptah Maine dearie." PM if you'd ever enjoy a chat. Or a home improvement Q. I built my own house up here. Thanks, be well and stay warm...

Twenty year anniversary (tomorrow)

Feb. 20, 2003, 11:07 p.m.: The Station Nightclub catches fire as band Great White shoots off fireworks to punctuate its entrance on stage.
Watching Channel 10's (RI-WJAR) remembrance of this now. So heartbreaking to see these stories. And despite some jail sentences, and civil suits, was there anyone really held responsible? I don't think so.

A few CBS News segments on the fire. There is overlap between a couple of them.

February, 2023:
The Station Nightclub Fire: Who's Responsible? (Video)

Owners of The Station nightclub speak out about deadly Rhode Island fire

October, 2021:
The Station nightclub fire: What happened and who's to blame for disaster that killed 100?

Last edited:
good lord, the mention of that nightclub brings back the memories and reminds me that I'm... now very experienced (not saying old enough to remember)... *lol*

I think we calmed down a little to be more welcoming to the non-sports types. With the playoffs coming up soon (and Opening Day) you know it will be back.

I didn't watch, but the game such terrible reviews.

Tonight's OT win was pretty cool. .716 winning rate

Back