Writing as a Craft

Ice, Ice, Baby... I recognize the scenario. I'm currently working on a fan fic (Why, yes, it IS about Harry Potter..?), and I'm having a lot of trouble because my characters refuse to do as I tell them to do. They're always going like "AS IF I would walk right into such an obvious trap..!" or "There's NO WAY I'm gonna tell him that!"

*sigh*

I'm beginning to understand why it takes JKR so long to write the real thing...:(

'Writers are not just people who sit down and write. They hazard themselves. Every time you compose a book your composition of yourself is at stake.' ~E.L. Doctorow

Don't worry svenska my characters talk and argue with me too.
I just say the age old parentalk threat "I brought you into this world and I can take you out"

Svenskaflicka said:
Ice, Ice, Baby... I recognize the scenario. I'm currently working on a fan fic (Why, yes, it IS about Harry Potter..?), and I'm having a lot of trouble because my characters refuse to do as I tell them to do. They're always going like "AS IF I would walk right into such an obvious trap..!" or "There's NO WAY I'm gonna tell him that!"
Haha, that happens all the time. Sometimes I just get bored out of my shoes and try to cut logical corners just to get the damn things finished. It never works, aand I'm stuck with something that looks sloppy and doesn't make even the slightest sense.

And needless to say, it sucks.

Back