Yet another ratings thread... or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the two of you, there's been nobody else. To the extent that more people show up? Cool. I'd like nothing better than to increase engagement in the AH. Pray tell, what specifically brought you here to this thread? I'm curious. Like, how did you know AwkwardlySet had explained himself here, or how did you know this thread would be here at all? Help me understand.

Ah. No need to reply.

I see @AwkwardlySet summoned you here, in his bio on the story side. I'm not shocked.

So, you see, I'm correct. You're only here because he told you to come here. I don't believe the information he'd posted in this thread would have reached you without his doing so. Again, not a problem; I like engagement, and I hope you both (along with the other readers he invited) contribute to what we do here.

But he wasn't reaching you before he updated his bio over there.

In my first go-round on Literotica, I only found the forum because I wanted to ask a question of other writers. I don't remember the question, but it was 5 years ago or more.

In my first go-round on Literotica, I only found the forum because I wanted to ask a question of other writers. I don't remember the question, but it was 5 years ago or more.
I was an author here for 8 years before I realized the forum existed about a year ago.

I found the forum right away, because I was searching for answers about acceptable content.

Ah. No need to reply.

I see @AwkwardlySet summoned you here, in his bio on the story side. I'm not shocked.

So, you see, I'm correct. You're only here because he told you to come here. I don't believe the information he'd posted in this thread would have reached you without his doing so. Again, not a problem; I like engagement, and I hope you both (along with the other readers he invited) contribute to what we do here.

But he wasn't reaching you before he updated his bio over there.
Yes, I've put the link to this thread in my bio because I felt it would be crappy behavior on my side to pull down the stories without any explanation to my readers. I didn't want to write a whole new wall of text there as it made no sense to just copy-paste my original post to the bio without context or further explanation. I expected some of them to read it if they were curious enough, but certainly not to actually say something here. That was a pleasant surprise. That being said, you are being argumentative for no reason both with me and with the readers with the tone of your post and with the insinuation that I "summoned" anyone.

Yes, I've put the link to this thread in my bio because I felt it would be crappy behavior on my side to pull down the stories without any explanation to my readers. I didn't want to write a whole new wall of text there as it made no sense to just copy-paste my original post to the bio without context or further explanation. I expected some of them to read it if they were curious enough, but certainly not to actually say something here. That was a pleasant surprise. That being said you are being argumentative for no reason both with me and with the readers with the tone of your post and with the insinuation that I "summoned" anyone.

How am I being argumentative?

You did summon them. Read your bio. It invites them... here.

I do welcome them.

I want their engagement.

You already know I think it's a shame you pulled your stories down; I've been saying that for awhile. I'm not sure I see where I'm being argumentative. The fact is that in posting publicly, you invited opinions and debate. That's how forums work. That's what I'm doing. I don't see how you removing your stories solves your motivation problem, and I see no harm in telling you so.

Yes, I've put the link to this thread in my bio because I felt it would be crappy behavior on my side to pull down the stories without any explanation to my readers. I didn't want to write a whole new wall of text there as it made no sense to just copy-paste my original post to the bio without context or further explanation. I expected some of them to read it if they were curious enough, but certainly not to actually say something here. That was a pleasant surprise. That being said, you are being argumentative for no reason both with me and with the readers with the tone of your post and with the insinuation that I "summoned" anyone.

I did not think Voboy was being argumentative. I thought he was just curious as how the new posters found the thread, because he'd like to encourage more engagement.

I did not think Voboy was being argumentative. I thought he was just curious as how the new posters found the thread, because he'd like to encourage more engagement.

I went and looked because, as everyone who's been posting here longer than a year knows, it's UNHEARD OF for readers to find their way here for any reason. Especially two in one day, having never posted before, with clear opinions on the topic at hand.

I'm glad! I'd love it if more readers came by.

I went and looked because, as everyone who's been posting here longer than a year knows, it's UNHEARD OF for readers to find their way here for any reason. Especially two in one day, having never posted before, with clear opinions on the topic at hand.

I'm glad! I'd love it if more readers came by.
I honestly thought that was very strange too, but then I just figured, "Oh, he probably mentioned something in his bio" and I never bothered to check.

I suppose I was correct

The curiosity part is fine as is the part where he explains his reasoning. The tone of his post isn't. It implies that I was somehow doing something underhanded or simply attention-seeking because I thought that giving some context to my readers was the right thing to do rather than just pulling the stories down without any explanation.

I didn't read the tone the same as you. I thought it was wonderment that readers came here and posted.
The curiosity part is fine as is the part where he explains his reasoning. The tone of his post isn't. It implies that I was somehow doing something underhanded or simply attention-seeking because I thought that giving some context to my readers was the right thing to do rather than just pulling the stories down without any explanation.

Honestly, I can't blame him for his question. (I was wondering the same thing, but then decided that you probably put something in your bio)

And tone is a very difficult thing to convey. In cases like this, I think it's always wise to assume that no offence is intended, until proven otherwise.

(Although, to be fair, I extended that same courtesy to you-know-who and it kinda bit me in the ass a bit. Sooooo...) 🤣

Honestly, I can't blame him for his question. (I was wondering the same thing, but then decided that you probably put something in your bio)

And tone is a very difficult thing to convey. In cases like this, I think it's always wise to assume that no offence is intended, until proven otherwise.

(Although, to be fair, I extended that same courtesy to you-know-who and it kinda bit me in the ass a bit. Sooooo...) 🤣
You didn't lose anything by extending that courtesy, though; you just made sure it was never *you* who was the asshole. I try to do the same, not always with success :)

I don't blame @AwkwardlySet since I've been critical of his motives in the past, on other issues. I don't mean to be snarky this time, but I do like to be clear about what's going on when accusations start to fly.

Again, any reader here is a valuable addition to our community, and I hope they add to their own enjoyment of the story side of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back