feverplanet
Really Really Experienced
- Joined
- May 26, 2011
- Posts
- 362
I know you asked, “what’s the point?”.
I don’t think anyone is here, in this thread, to be swayed. Would the purpose be to talk about his future political acceptability? Also, given that this isn’t the most conservative site, let alone, not even really a political board, odds aren’t really even to persuasion.
Or perhaps, you just want to converse respectfully. Good luck with that. Really. The name callers, no matter the thread or topic always rear up. Scroll past fuck you...no, fuck you’s! It’s all just noise pollution.
I will never like or respect Trump, but I'm very interested in seeing where the common ground might be. Your answer, like most responses in this thread, retreats into meta for three paragraphs instead of tackling the basic question.
5 pages later and BotanyBoy is the only person who's touched on a real answer, even if accidentally.
...<snippity>...
Because he's proud to be American, doesn't apologize for being being who he is and real Americans are about preserving what it is to be American, not winning a popularity contest amongst the rest of the world by letting them all fuck us up the ass and being good comrades by asking for more.
So along with his unapologetic disinterest in diplomacy, you dig his protectionist leanings and his interest in securing the borders. A lot of Democrats want and have worked towards more secure borders, too (including Obama and the Clintons).
