AH Anthology

Liar said:
But you're so good at it. :D

Anyway, I wanna root for some unvetted poems, while I'm here:
Poseur and In Mixed Company by Fool and Anticipation by SnP

Thanks Liar..... :D
 
The_Fool said:
Imp.....You never told me there was reading involved in this gig..... :eek:


Hey Imp, just saw this...retract that last PM from me.... ;)
 
nah, I wouldn't and won't...



(thanks for the c-note Fool...it'll buy dinner for the wife tonight...)
 
I don't know if they are officially aware of our little enterprise.
Have they given permission to name Literotica?

:confused:

Imp should know.

:D
 
Black Tulip said:
I don't know if they are officially aware of our little enterprise.
Have they given permission to name Literotica?

:confused:

Imp should know.

:D
If not, I say we'd better make them aware. First of all so Laurel knows it's legit, she's pretty good at biting down on copyright friggers. It should be obvious we're not, but you never know.

Second of all because it's a pretty cool thing, and a link or two from Lit's front pages would draw attention to it.
 
Not that I have any issues with Laurel or Manu, but...

if profits are realized out of this and they went to a non-profit free speech organization, I have absolutely no problem with that at all. But if such were to go to the for profit enterprise that is Literotica? That is very different.

I greatly enjoy the opportunity and the freedom to have an audience for my work here and I gladly allow the operators of this site the use and benefit of my work. They are helping me find an audience and I am supporting their enterprise with my efforts. In addition, it is because of them that I have met all of you lovely people.

But any profits realized from this venture that we do not keep for ourselves, I want to go to a charity, not a business. That is where I thought we were going. Not that I expect we will have much to distribute anyway.

Just my two cents...please, don't anyone take this wrong...

edit: that said, we absolutely must make Laurel & Manu aware and get their permission before we refer to the site in any way or manner. I highly doubt they will find our desire to donate any proceeds to be anything except admirable. My experiences there say that they are pretty good people...
 
Last edited:
Belegon said:
Not that I have any issues with Laurel or Manu, but...

if profits are realized out of this and they went to a non-profit free speech organization, I have absolutely no problem with that at all. But if such were to go to the for profit enterprise that is Literotica? That is very different.

I greatly enjoy the opportunity and the freedom to have an audience for my work here and I gladly allow the operators of this site the use and benefit of my work. They are helping me find an audience and I am supporting their enterprise with my efforts. In addition, it is because of them that I have met all of you lovely people.

But any profits realized from this venture that we do not keep for ourselves, I want to go to a charity, not a business. That is where I thought we were going. Not that I expect we will have much to distribute anyway.

Just my two cents...please, don't anyone take this wrong...

I've not taken it wrongly...I feel the same :) Well said!
 
I would prefer a non-profit organisation too. This site makes money, don't doubt it. Otherwise it would not continue to let us enjoy ourselves for free.

Laurel and Manu seem pretty decent people, but they do not strike me as especially philanthropic.

:D
 
Black Tulip said:
I would prefer a non-profit organisation too. This site makes money, don't doubt it. Otherwise it would not continue to let us enjoy ourselves for free.

Laurel and Manu seem pretty decent people, but they do not strike me as especially philanthropic.

:D


They get money from the sponsers. (Rememmber to click the sponsers- they get paid every time you do:)) I *do* think it would be an excellent idea to have the proceeds go to one of the free speach organizations that advertise on lit. (one works specifically for the porn industry- others for free speach in general. Don't know specifically which are non-profit, but at least one of them might be)

Electronic Frontier Foundation:EFF is a nonprofit group of passionate people — lawyers, technologists, volunteers, and visionaries — working to protect your digital rights.

http://www.eff.org/

National Coalition Against Censorship: The National Coalition Against Censorship (NCAC), founded in 1974, is an alliance of 50 national non-profit organizations, including literary, artistic, religious, educational, professional, labor, and civil liberties groups. United by a conviction that freedom of thought, inquiry, and expression must be defended, we work to educate our own members and the public at large about the dangers of censorship and how to oppose them.

http://www.ncac.org/

Free Speech Coalition: Mission Statement

Organized in 1991, Free Speech Coalition is the trade association of the adult entertainment industry. As a 501© (6) not-for-profit corporation, FSC is funded by membership dues as well as by fundraising efforts. Our member services include:

Legislative watchdog for the industry

Lobbying at the state and federal level

Public education

Member education on legal obligations

As a last resort, litigation on key issues

In keeping with our rejection of the sexual abuse of children, FSC offers a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of persons creating or trafficking in child pornography.

We envision a national association that helps limit the legal risks of being an adult business, increases the profitability of its members, promotes the acceptance of the industry in America's business community, and supports greater public tolerance for freedom of sexual speech.

*********

I tjink any one of these would be a great choice and be mutually beneficial to authors, literotica and organization. I think we should approach them, ask them how they feel about it, and also ask them if they would be willing to donate ad space and/or do an article on us, post ording info, link ect. (why wouldn't they). Promoting us promotes them and vice versa, and also pays homege to and helps literotica.

http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/
 
I'm not very well informed about free speech organisations. I don't think we have those in my country. :rolleyes:

Free Speech Coalition sounds fine to me, since it's associated with adult entertainment.

:D
 
Liar said:
But you're so good at it. :D

Anyway, I wanna root for some unvetted poems, while I'm here:
Poseur and In Mixed Company by Fool and Anticipation by SnP

Thank you.

I"d like to point out that most of my poems are remarkably short, so it takes almost no time to read them and if you hate them, you really haven't wasted much either;)
 
I agree with everybody, which only goes to show that I'm schizophrenic. Excuse me, we're schizophrenic.

"The Sea Change" is being edited at this time and should be ready this week. It should not require many changes. Thanks.
 
Just got home & still catching up. As soon as I get through my PM inbox (and all the WONDERFUL endorsements -- THANKS for reading, people!), I'll update the tables.

As for Lit -- I PMed Laurel about this project very early on, and it has her blessing. She recommends eff.org as the destination for our proceeds and wishes us all the luck in the world, saying that she hopes our endeavor will bring Lit authors greater recognition. :rose:

Now -- back to logging those endorsements and catching up on the AH threads.

It's good to be back! :heart:
 
Imp, you are an inspiration! An active force for like, Good, and stuff. :)

Plus you made me nitpick yui, and that has had positive outcomes I didn't expect.

Carry on!
 
BUMP! Submission tables updated. :D

impressive said:
SUBMISSIONS​

Story submissions: Posted HERE. READ 'EM! PM me your endorsements (or post 'em here). PM the author any recommended edits. Be nit picky, please. Everyone wants a quality product. It makes us all look better. To be vetted, a story needs at least 10 endorsements. TIPS: Shorter pieces (<10,000 words) are easier to fit into the anthology puzzle. Third person POV is preferred, although there will be a mix of voices.

Poetry submissions: Posted HERE. READ 'EM! PM me your endorsements (or post 'em here). PM the poet any recommendations.

Art submissions: Kick ass cover art or photograph (in color) is needed as relates to the title/subtitle, plus an illustration relating to each story and perhaps other random illustrations for otherwise blank space. Keep in mind that CafePress has options for merchandising (t-shirts, mugs, stickers, tote bags, etc.) for our cover art image!

Rhinoguy has posted several grids of illustrations, and would like folks to give the grid # and "coordinates" of those they endorse:


Illustrators interested in designing cover art, please review the information found here: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/learn_book_covers.aspx

EDITING​

Once your story has been vetted, please get crackin' on a thorough proof/edit.

Make sure (at the very least):
  • all homonyms (its/it's, your/you're, to/too, who's/whose, etc.) are correctly used;
  • all quotations are properly punctuated and closed;
  • unspoken thoughts are italicized (rather than quoted);
  • ellipses are appropriately used;
  • adverbs are not overused; and
  • passive voice (a bug-a-boo of mine) is kept to a minimum.
 
Hey, Imp, I noticed that the categories for my stories are unknown. They are all Erotic couplings. Thanks!
 
Imp...I'll get my story do dahs to you....erm probably after the meet now..so thursday...I've still got a few to read...every time I look theres more of'em. *LOL*
 
Back
Top