AH Anthology

impressive said:
I'm sure we could ... but copyright law might get in the way. :rolleyes:

But computer graphics programs have "neon" drawing features, do they not? We could recreate something similar.

Do we know anyone who can do that? Who's good with computer drawing?

The Earl
 
impressive said:
I'm sure we could ... but copyright law might get in the way. :rolleyes:

But computer graphics programs have "neon" drawing features, do they not? We could recreate something similar.

Either that, or we could get in touch with the owner of the picture and ask their permission. I would have thought that, with emphasis on the 'charity' aspect, we'd be allowed to use it.

The Earl
 
Originally Posted by impressive
I'm sure we could ... but copyright law might get in the way.

But computer graphics programs have "neon" drawing features, do they not? We could recreate something similar.


i could totally, totally do this. today, even. on canvas.
 
TheEarl said:
Either that, or we could get in touch with the owner of the picture and ask their permission. I would have thought that, with emphasis on the 'charity' aspect, we'd be allowed to use it.

The Earl

Possibly. I'm just being territorial. I want this project to be ENTIRELY AH talent. ;)
 
I prefer a combination ...

... of the two neon pix. The suggestive olive/spear being held aloft by the neon person. ;)
 
4 degrees:

Do it, post it!

Also, I don't think it would be difficult at all in Photoshop. Solid color line, blur tool set wide... I can try it.
 
cantdog said:
4 degrees:

Do it, post it!

Also, I don't think it would be difficult at all in Photoshop. Solid color line, blur tool set wide... I can try it.

Please do -- both of you! I want to create a poll with at least 4 choices of cover art. :kiss:
 
I am thinking that the neon stuff would look TOTALLY cool on a black t-shirt, too. :D
 
impressive said:
I am thinking that the neon stuff would look TOTALLY cool on a black t-shirt, too. :D

You want to run spinoffs, don't you?

The Earl
 
TheEarl said:
You want to run spinoffs, don't you?

The Earl

CafePress offers merchandising options ... mugs, t-shirts, etc. I, for one, am going to celebrate the publication of this beast by AT LEAST getting a coffee mug -- and maybe a tote bag to haul around all those autographed copies. *grin*
 
Here's a question: How are you autographing your copies? I'm planning on developing a signature for The Earl, as I think it'd be cool to give them signed by him, rather than rl me.

Here's an idea - maybe we should have one copy that is posted around the world and autographed by all of the contributors. Maybe we could give it to Laurel or something.

Can we have a t-shirt and mug with some of Rhino's illustrations on them? :D

The Earl
 
TheEarl said:
Here's a question: How are you autographing your copies? I'm planning on developing a signature for The Earl, as I think it'd be cool to give them signed by him, rather than rl me.

Here's an idea - maybe we should have one copy that is posted around the world and autographed by all of the contributors. Maybe we could give it to Laurel or something.

Can we have a t-shirt and mug with some of Rhino's illustrations on them? :D

The Earl


I will sign "impressive" ... and actually, I was thinking of asking each author/poet/illustrator to scan or create a digital "signature" JPG file to paste inside the cover -- or perhaps on the Copyright Acknowledgments page(s). Nice touch -- but only if EVERYONE can do it. (THOSE could go on a mug/t-shirt, too, in a big collage. What a hoot!)

Yes, ANY illustration can be used on merchandise -- but the more intricate ones might not translate well. I'm willing to give it a try, though. There's no limit to the # we can have on the site. I can do that NOW, if there's one you'd like to see right away -- but you ought to add some text, too! "Coming Together" at the very least. ;)
 
impressive said:
I will sign "impressive" ... and actually, I was thinking of asking each author/poet/illustrator to scan or create a digital "signature" JPG file to paste inside the cover -- or perhaps on the Copyright Acknowledgments page(s). Nice touch -- but only if EVERYONE can do it. (THOSE could go on a mug/t-shirt, too, in a big collage. What a hoot!)

I'd prefer not to do that. It may sound very up myself, but I'd prefer to have my autographed editions to be personal, with my own hand. If everyone else in myvolume wants to, then I'll do it, but I'd just prefer to keep the autographs special.

impressive said:
Yes, ANY illustration can be used on merchandise -- but the more intricate ones might not translate well. I'm willing to give it a try, though. There's no limit to the # we can have on the site. I can do that NOW, if there's one you'd like to see right away -- but you ought to add some text, too! "Coming Together" at the very least. ;)

With the pic Rhino drew? I think Coming Together may be unnecessary.

The Earl
 
Okay, let me describe another idea to our illustrious illustrators:

Woman, lying on her back on the floor -- reading a book. *grin* Her legs are vertical & crossed, and form the stem of the martini glass (Escher-esque) ... and the "spear" holding the olives is suggestively phallic without being too overt.
 
Last edited:
TheEarl said:
With the pic Rhino drew? I think Coming Together may be unnecessary.

The Earl

Then you're not promoting the book -- you just want the pix on something. No problem, if that's what you want. I'll throw it up there. However, you might want to ask rhino if he wants to add a copyright mark to it before I do. Stuff on merchandise will not be covered by the book's copyright.
 
impressive said:
Then you're not promoting the book -- you just want the pix on something. No problem, if that's what you want. I'll throw it up there. However, you might want to ask rhino if he wants to add a copyright mark to it before I do. Stuff on merchandise will not be covered by the book's copyright.

Oh, okay. Actually, I was just tossing the idea around; I'm exceedingly poor and I think a 'Coming Together' mug might raise questions from my housemates. It's nice to know that they're there though :D.

The Earl
 
TheEarl said:
... I'm exceedingly poor and I think a 'Coming Together' mug might raise questions from my housemates.

And a mug with that illustration on it would not? :D (Just yankin' ya chain, luv.)
 
impressive said:
Just look at the triangular shape right where the bowl meets the stem. I could be made to resemble the glans of a penis ...

The possibilities are endless! :D

We could have an optical puzzle kind of effect where there are loads and loads of rude things that are ostensibly part of the picture and require searching for before they can be seen.

The Earl
 
Back
Top