Bistro Bijou

Status
Not open for further replies.
sbm? don't recognize the term.

Okay, Lady S, here's a question for you.

If I were to set up a confessional booth, and you confess, are given a penance and perform that penance, would you actually be able to stop berating yourself for those things in your past?

Confessions, penance and purification are artificial constructs, but they work really well for some folks, if we let them actually act as true cleansing rituals. I'm actually kinda serious about this. Whaddya think?

bj

sbm= single black males


Although I wish it would, a "confessional booth" probably would not work for me. As you know, I was raised in a Christian family. We were always taught that if you confess your sins, then they are forgotten.. cleansed. Well, my problem is that I always take them back!

I think it has to be a self-esteem thing. Like I am holding onto proof that I'm nobody special. And the things that I hold onto are just silly mistakes more than actual sins, although I hold onto a few of those too.

-Sheila
 
I guess Fool isn't a breast man. *takes off swimsuit avie and sulks* :rolleyes:

AUGH!
PUT IT BACK! PUT IT BACK!

If I had boobies, I'd post them. All I have is a spine. And a serious back hair problem, obviously.

quick, Fool, tell her the boobies were stellar. If we all clap our hands right now, maybe Tinkerbell's boobs will come back to life.


sbm= single black males


Although I wish it would, a "confessional booth" probably would not work for me. As you know, I was raised in a Christian family. We were always taught that if you confess your sins, then they are forgotten.. cleansed. Well, my problem is that I always take them back!

I think it has to be a self-esteem thing. Like I am holding onto proof that I'm nobody special. And the things that I hold onto are just silly mistakes more than actual sins, although I hold onto a few of those too.

-Sheila

Well you've just got to try. That's why the Catholics have a better handle on this than most other Christian sects. You do your penance, properly and sincerely, and then you can let it go, because you've done actual work.

Dammit, I'm starting one anyway. I suspect you'll get more benefit from it than you think. Or else you can just go the other way and impose penances on other people.

heh heh. My kink is showing. I was thinking maybe sbm was an alternative abbreviation for submissive.

far as I know, an SBM is a "single black male"

heh, okay, I see we answered at virtually the same time. glad I got it right.

shrugs....

Yeah, i dunno. Doesn't seem like there are as many people of any actual color around here, but I do know of a few. I don't know if it's possible to do a search for the race of a poster, as such. Isn't there a personals section? *shows horrible insular ignorance of the Lit village here, sorry*

bj
 
Well you've just got to try. That's why the Catholics have a better handle on this than most other Christian sects. You do your penance, properly and sincerely, and then you can let it go, because you've done actual work.

Dammit, I'm starting one anyway. I suspect you'll get more benefit from it than you think. Or else you can just go the other way and impose penances on other people.

bj

impose penance?
I don't think I could except for a kind word that the transgression isn't so bad..
..although if I think of something that might help the person let it go..
 
AUGH!
PUT IT BACK! PUT IT BACK!

If I had boobies, I'd post them. All I have is a spine. And a serious back hair problem, obviously.

quick, Fool, tell her the boobies were stellar. If we all clap our hands right now, maybe Tinkerbell's boobs will come back to life.

Hah. Well that was a rl one of me (face and all, no fairy substitutes) so I dare not leave it up long anyway. :) And you are gorgeous everywhere, BJ. I dunno what you are talking about. :rose:
 
AUGH!
PUT IT BACK! PUT IT BACK!

If I had boobies, I'd post them. All I have is a spine. And a serious back hair problem, obviously.

quick, Fool, tell her the boobies were stellar. If we all clap our hands right now, maybe Tinkerbell's boobs will come back to life.




Well you've just got to try. That's why the Catholics have a better handle on this than most other Christian sects. You do your penance, properly and sincerely, and then you can let it go, because you've done actual work.

Dammit, I'm starting one anyway. I suspect you'll get more benefit from it than you think. Or else you can just go the other way and impose penances on other people.

heh heh. My kink is showing. I was thinking maybe sbm was an alternative abbreviation for submissive.



Yeah, i dunno. Doesn't seem like there are as many people of any actual color around here, but I do know of a few. I don't know if it's possible to do a search for the race of a poster, as such. Isn't there a personals section? *shows horrible insular ignorance of the Lit village here, sorry*

bj

hey, sorry about Maria, ahem....she;s gone ;)

as for *ignorance* nope, that isn't because of you. sometimes people come in, visit, then leave. the ones who choose to stay, do so for whatever reason, and go for the same reasons. I have no idea if it's anything racial, no one ever accused any of us as being racist. ( that I know of anyway.) besides, anyone is welcome here.

we can't make'm stay, regardless of who they are or aren't. Hell, I'm a mutt ( Cherokee/ Irish? German? English) and no one has run me off or even attempted to, but I wouldn't suggest they get any funky ideas, know what I mean? :D

don't worry about it. you make everyone feel welcome even the immoral betch. so your karma is squeaky clean


:rose:
 
impose penance?
I don't think I could except for a kind word that the transgression isn't so bad..
..although if I think of something that might help the person let it go..

Exactly, see, the task is to create something that, if performed, really will help someone let it go.

Alright, then, I'll start and you can be my Mother Confessor. And the assumption is that it must be a real penance and I must actually perform it.

I dunno, maybe it'll catch on, or maybe it'll be one of those threads I put up and then watch it sink into oblivion. I can live with that too.


Hah. Well that was a rl one of me (face and all, no fairy substitutes) so I dare not leave it up long anyway. :) And you are gorgeous everywhere, BJ. I dunno what you are talking about. :rose:

*blush*

I like you better in real than in anime.

but seriously, the boobs were stellar. Not only that, you have a second advantage over me in that you are obviously capable of going out into direct sunlight. That's admirable.

bj
 
Yeah, i dunno. Doesn't seem like there are as many people of any actual color around here, but I do know of a few. I don't know if it's possible to do a search for the race of a poster, as such. Isn't there a personals section? *shows horrible insular ignorance of the Lit village here, sorry*

bj

Out of curiosity, I started a thread in The Playground to ask if such a creature exists..
so far, I only got responses from a lesbian trying to convert me.
LOL

-Sheila
 
but seriously, the boobs were stellar. Not only that, you have a second advantage over me in that you are obviously capable of going out into direct sunlight. That's admirable.

bj

I don't seek advantages over you, my dear. This isn't a catfight. I don't play like that. And gentlemen who want to see one might be advised of where those occur (certainly not in this esteemed bistro).

I am able to go out into direct sunlight only with tons of spf 30 on (and someone to help me make sure I didn't miss a spot).
 
I don't seek advantages over you, my dear. This isn't a catfight. I don't play like that. And gentlemen who want to see one might be advised of where those occur (certainly not in this esteemed bistro).

I am able to go out into direct sunlight only with tons of spf 30 on (and someone to help me make sure I didn't miss a spot).

Damn, I was really hoping for a catfight. I could pretend to be mad and then rip your clothes off and accidentally pour a bunch of Chef's best olive oil all over you.

Real catfights suck. But staged ones are hawt.
And I'm a serious pussy who can't defend herself at all, so you'd have the upper hand immediately. My battle cry is "Not in the face! Not in the face!"

bj
 
Hey, the humorless lesbian half of me resents that, you MAN you.

*stomps off to play my kd lang albums and write another fiery article for MOONBLOOD WOMYN HERSTORY QUARTERLY. *

bj
The same can be said about bisexuals. We are total pigs.

Does a publication like that exist?
 
I limit lurking in the darker recesses of Lit..
some of those avatars are not only creepy, but pretty much calm my raging libido...

very unsexy..
:rolleyes:
 
The same can be said about bisexuals. We are total pigs.

Does a publication like that exist?

*nods, nods.* I myself am a complete pig. Ask anyone local.

Publications like that? Gawd, dozens.

I tried to be a lesbian once for a while. I went to a couple of clubs, those little soy milk coffee houses full of political rage - i believe our local one was called the "Lavender Umbrella," for gods' sake.

Then I realized that I had lesbianism all wrong. Silly me, i thought it was about liking to have sex with grrrls. Turns out it's a political stance, and I was looked down on because I wasn't pissed off all the time about one thing or another.

So I went back to being a disenfranchised bisexual. We're expected to be pigs, so I fit right in.

POSTMOREBOOBPIXPLS

bj
 
You take off the swimsuit and don't show?

Fool is a breast man. In a fixated voyeuristic sort of way.

Oh, Okayyyy then. But the swimsuit stays on. (I will take the avie down soon, though. It feels very strange to show my face here. BJ, Eve and Ange are emboldening me, though. Hey why don't the guys around here ever show anything?)
 
Don't fight that impulse too long or I might get burned! :eek:

When you put it like that, it's purely a humanitarian response on my part... so okay... here you go...

*rubs hands together vigorously to warm them*
*adds a generous dollop of sunscreen*
*starts at the toes, and works up...*
 
Damn, I was really hoping for a catfight. I could pretend to be mad and then rip your clothes off and accidentally pour a bunch of Chef's best olive oil all over you.

Real catfights suck. But staged ones are hawt.
And I'm a serious pussy who can't defend herself at all, so you'd have the upper hand immediately. My battle cry is "Not in the face! Not in the face!"

bj

Bijou is very good at finding missed spots of olive oil anointment
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top