Carolina Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
RunningJib said:
Hello, I'm visiting. What a beautiful state (I'm visiting Camp Lejeune)

One question for everyone, why so many different accents? (Twang, drawl and nothing at all)

Once upon a time there were many more but gradually media homogenized accents and culture. Just like the Scottish now sound more British for the most part, the south and north still sound more alike. Of course there are pockets that hold out regional dialects but even they are less pronounced than they used to be.

Here in the south the local dialects that used to be common only exist here and there, very often in what is called "country folk" or those that have made an active attempt to hold onto their spoken heritage.
 
No.1Pinklady said:
Ouch, time has flown, don't you just love teenage girls in high school. I have one of my own and the grey hair to prove it. My son has discovered girls and is adding to the grey!! I should get of my lazy tukus and drive down one day just to say hello and see the belly. I need a spanking for being a MIA friend for so long.

I'll provide the spanking. :)

The belly is growing fast and lunar seems half way convinced its twins. Me, I suspect its either further along than we thought or its just the body knowing what it needs to do having had a full term pregnancy in the recent past.
 
coyotepondering said:
I'll provide the spanking. :)

The belly is growing fast and lunar seems half way convinced its twins. Me, I suspect its either further along than we thought or its just the body knowing what it needs to do having had a full term pregnancy in the recent past.
I bet you would, twins, huh. And that thought has not sent her running thru the countryside naked and screaming? I know all you both want is healthy. Is Lil' Lunar looking forward to another sibling?
 
No.1Pinklady said:
I bet you would, twins, huh. And that thought has not sent her running thru the countryside naked and screaming? I know all you both want is healthy. Is Lil' Lunar looking forward to another sibling?

Oh, god no. She loves the liller one but if it had been her choice she would still be an only child with full veto rights.
 
coyotepondering said:
Oh, god no. She loves the liller one but if it had been her choice she would still be an only child with full veto rights.
Just remind her that in 5 years she will have big sister torment rights, it worked for my parents.
 
No.1Pinklady said:
Just remind her that in 5 years she will have big sister torment rights, it worked for my parents.

Bah, I had a bully for an older sister. None of that. They'll love each other or I'll kill 'em! :rolleyes:
 
No.1Pinklady said:
Can't kill them, they are tax deductions.


Good afternoon everyone.

LMAO at Pinks post! I was born on Christmas Eve. People would tell me I did a bad thing putting my mom in the hospital for Christmas. I'd just smile back at them and say I did a good thing. I was an unexpected tax deduction that year. I was just over a week early. :D
 
To my fellow veterans everywhere.... Enjoy the Day, We earned it!


Hello and hugs/hanshakes to all!
 
PaganZepher said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS!
SEMPER FI!
And it was a great one this year! I didn't have to suffer through a Ball! :nana: (love the ceremony - but can't stand the ball itself)
 
Good News

There's only one in this here big ol' belly. :D I've only gained two pounds, but the belly has grown about seven inches :eek:

Still don't know if it's a boy or a girl, though. :(
 
Good news about belly growth! Sounds like everything is great.
Well - at least you can be guaranteed that it's either a boy or a girl. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top