SensuallyAmbiguous
Alleged writer
- Joined
- Dec 26, 2025
- Posts
- 4
Wrote a romance story that is ultimately about dealing with loss and learning to love again that I can currently editing. It explores some dark/triggering subject matter such as loss, depression, and suicidal ideation although it doesn't include any actual suicide. These topics are not involved in any of the erotic aspects of the story but are used for character development.
Are these subjects appropriate for stories posted here (with appropriate trigger warnings)?
Also, I intended the story to be more erotic and use some of these themes as backstory for characters. When I started writing though I found myself exploring those aspects of the characters. How do you other writers balance the darker aspects of character psychology while still including the sexy stuff while keeping character actions and motivations believable? You can just mash them together, of course, that I think that leads to unbelievable characters.
Love to hear others thoughts on this.
Are these subjects appropriate for stories posted here (with appropriate trigger warnings)?
Also, I intended the story to be more erotic and use some of these themes as backstory for characters. When I started writing though I found myself exploring those aspects of the characters. How do you other writers balance the darker aspects of character psychology while still including the sexy stuff while keeping character actions and motivations believable? You can just mash them together, of course, that I think that leads to unbelievable characters.
Love to hear others thoughts on this.