Freshmen on campus (Closed)

She seemed to think my question wasn't serious. "I do not check out all the guys here! I'm happy in my relationship, I totally don't do that. Honest." I gave her a disbelieving look in response; I hadn't been talking about her cheating on Tyler. Implying her having thoughts about it? Sure. But she couldn't know about that, so I gave a moment of stunned silence before I replied.

"Sorry, Nikki. I didn't mean to imply that you're not faithful to Tyler - who seems like a pretty cool guy, by the way." If he didn't have Nikki as his girl, anyways, and even then I was more then a little impressed he'd found a way to charm her without taking her into bed, if the rumors were true. "But you can't tell me you haven't found yourself stuck looking at one guy at some point, seeing his body and imagining what it'd look like with less on." I smirked noticeably at her. "It's not cheating if you don't actually do anything, as long as you just think about it." Easy for me to say; I wasn't in a real relationship so I could say and do what I wanted.

We got to a turn, and Nikki suddenly darted off to the right. "This way, right?" I stopped only briefly to admire the view of her butt in her shorts and strong back and shoulders; only modestly hidden by her sports bra, before I joined her. We had enough time to double back during our runs so there wasn't a 'wrong way' persay. That, and it almost seemed like she was flirting back, despite her protestations of innocence when it came to not looking at other guys. I was no fool, and had seen her checking me out. If truth were to be told, I'd chosen my outfits with some design as well; I wasn't the buffest guy on campus but I knew I had my admirers. And one of them was Nikki, whether she wanted to admit it or not.

I caught up to her, deciding to see how far I could take her newfound flirtatiousness. "Nice choice of direction." Now at her side, I reached out and gave her a quick, playful slap on her ass, before running past her, laughing due to my 'distraction' slowing her down a bit, treating it like nothing special. Like I hadn't felt any kind of charge when my hand had brushed against her spandex shorts and tight butt.
 

"Sorry, Nikki. I didn't mean to imply that you're not faithful to Tyler - who seems like a pretty cool guy, by the way."

"Oh, no need to apologize." I said with a smile "I was just teasing."
"But you can't tell me you haven't found yourself stuck looking at one guy at some point, seeing his body and imagining what it'd look like with less on."
"But I haven't!" I replied with a laugh.
"It's not cheating if you don't actually do anything, as long as you just think about it."
"I'm not sure about that..."

Anyway, we headed off to this new route and it seemed to me that I getting quite familiar with the surroundings. Previously, I pretty much needed Brent here to show me where to go, which were the quickly shortcuts and what have you. But now, this started to feel like my second home, which was a pretty nice feeling, by the way. I did however go back to what he just mentioned; namely, whether I had thought about a guy with less clothing. I couldn't admit to myself that it never happened. I mean, it was normal, I guess; I did think about Brent that way from time to time, but nothing too crazy. He was in pretty great shape, so if I would think about him without a shirt on, let's say, then it was nothing out of the ordinary. Or at least, I hoped not.

"Nice choice of direction."

I gasped when Brent, as he said those words, gave me a quick slap on my round behind before running past me. He laughed as he ran right past me, but I caught up yet again. Pretending to be offended, I said "Hey! I know that I mentioned my butt earlier, but you can't do that! As the saying goes, you can look but don't touch." before I laughed as well, breaking my little charade.
 
"Hey! I know that I mentioned my butt earlier, but you can't do that! As the saying goes, you can look but don't touch." Her look of mild offense disappeared into the easy laughter I hoped she'd have, thinking that this was just a little beyond innocent flirting. In some way, it was; as there were friends of mine who hugged and cuddled with girls in their 'friend zones', or doing much more with fuck buddies. I wanted Nikki as much more then that, though, which made our innuendo anything but serious. Even if she wasn't aware of how serious, which I intended to keep up.

"So I guess having you over my knee for birthday spankings is out of the question, then?" I laughed myself before holding up my hand. "Kidding, kidding." Although I wanted her thoughts to linger on what I'd said, I didn't want her to think that I'd intended my jab as anything other than an innocent statement. "So, are you happy with all of your classes? You've still got over a week to move any around if you wanted to..." A lot of first years didn't realize that, so for a change I was trying to help her, even if it served my greater objective of taking her mind off of trying to rationalize what I'd just said to her.

Our jog ended all too quickly, and I found myself back at her dorm, a goodbye the only thing keeping me from returning to my own room.
 
"So I guess having you over my knee for birthday spankings is out of the question, then?"
Birthday spankings? What that even a thing? I was about to say something (though what exactly, I wasn't sure) but he held his hand up, gesturing that he was kidding.
"Kidding, kidding."
I laughed then; though wondered in the back of my mind whether this was innocent flirting, or whether he was more serious about his stares and lingering touch today than I thought. He certainly was a playful man, from what I've seen. Much more than Tyler.

The conversation moved past earlier as he said:
"So, are you happy with all of your classes? You've still got over a week to move any around if you wanted to..."

"Oh really?" I asked, as we were nearing my dorm. "Well, I wouldn't mind getting rid of one particular philosophy course of mine. It was pretty much Tyler's idea and we're both hating it right now. But I probably won't drop it; I'd be so out of the loop in a new class."

Pretty soon, we were at my residence building. I smiled at him and said "Well, that was an interesting jog session this morning. So, will we see each other later?"

At his response, I was about to offer a handshake, but quickly changed my demeanor into a hug.
 
"Well, that was an interesting jog session this morning. So, will we see each other later?" It was clear that some invisible boundary had been crossed during the jog this morning, but her smile and body language indicated she was comfortable with it. My easy smile matched hers, lingering only for a second as I nodded in response; no words needed.

She reached out for a handshake - something that had been the extent of our physical contact aside from my slap of her ass earlier in the morning - but, in that strange way that all friendly girls seemed to, moved towards me as if she'd intended to hug me all along. I wasn't much of a hugger myself, but I wasn't going to say no if this became something that happened more often. So I gave her a lazy, one armed hug, pretending to push no lines as she reached around me. I got a nice feel of her smooth stomach as one hand snaked around her to hold her, just for a moment, in an entirely platonic gesture. There weren't many places on her body that were covered to hold onto, I justified to myself. But the feel of her lingered on my hand as I pulled away.

"Remember. We're meeting up Friday night, too." I had a class with her and Tyler today, and I lingered as I watched her walk into her dorm, breaking out into a brisk jog the moment she left view. The normally blank expression I wore while exercising on my own had the slyest smile to it; as the real games had finally begun.

**********

I sat next to her in our classes, as I always did, making more of an attempt to joke with her, help her out...leaning in close became innocent touches of her hand, although I did make an honest attempt to befriend Tyler as well; if for no other reason then to try to keep him off my trail of wanting to bed his girl. He seemed suspicious, but probably had no reason to bring me up with Nikki. After all, he'd probably think it more weird if I was touching his hand, or leaning in to laugh with him as I did with Nikki.

But soon, it was time for Friday night. I'd like to say I had planned on being early, but I knew the library layout better then her, and had deliberately told her where to meet without giving her directions. I wanted to see her as she walked in, another chance at an innocent gaze that meant something else entirely. Dressed simply in a black t-shirt and jeans, I patiently awaited her arrival at a small, circular table in one of the study areas. Being Friday night, there weren't many people around.
 
Our jog session over, I soon met up with him later on through the day, given that we had some classes together. I think that in these classes, Brent got a little more friendly; I mean, he always used to joke, but he seemed to do so more now. I followed his lead too, I guess - joking right back at him. Tyler didn't seem to appreciate this so much (as I've been around him long enough to read the expression on his face), but didn't protest any. Maybe he saw it as innocent as I did? I hoped so.

Then, it was Friday night where Brent and I agreed to meet to study a bit for our group project. His directions were a bit vague, so I have to admit that I had some trouble finding him at the library. I did arrive, wearing a black tank top, tight and ripped denim shorts (I liked that torn look), and three-inch heels. My hair wasn't behind a pony-tail, as it was on our usual morning routines and my fingernails were neatly painted pink. Sure, I put in a little more effort today on my appearance, but so what?

I got to his table and said "You have no idea how hard it was for me to find this place." before sitting down.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I gave her a warm, unassuming look as she walked in, having chosen another outfit that made my mouth water. I kept the drool out, of course, as I fully appreciated what it was that Tyler saw in her. She seemed to have the look of 'casual sexy' down pat; being able to throw on anything and look good. Her heels and painted nails indicated that she had put some effort into our meeting, and I watched her plop down next to me. "You have no idea how hard it was for me to find this place." The library was very imposing the first time you walked into it; having been here for three plus years it was no trouble for me. Well, mostly no trouble.

"Yeah, not many people about you can ask for help." With all of the funding cuts that had taken place recently you were lucky if any of the staff members could speak English, to say nothing of helping you find anything. "Most people out and about tonight...." I nodded at her, remarkably well put together in her simple tank top and shorts; she probably had little idea how well her heels framed her long legs. "Looks like you're dressed up to go out yourself. Meeting Tyler after we're done?" At her response (I knew what it would be), I smiled. "Well, you just look really nice today, that's all."

I plopped open our textbook. "Well, I had an idea on where to start our argument. The professor had laid out many of the leading theories, but I like the thought of taking one of them apart, piece by piece...there's an easy example to follow in Australia, seeing how they've traded..." And so, the boredom of the evening began.

Her being smart and me being a fourth year meant I could tell about ten minutes in that I'd be lucky if the productive part of our meeting lasted forty five minutes. The material was simple and we were clearly above it. So, even as I nodded and discussed things with her automatically, I thought about how to keep things interesting for her. Meaning I'd have to go outside the scholastic. "So, it's been two weeks now. I'm sure you'd be the type of person to make lots of friends easily....you met me on your first day jogging,after all." I looked at her briefly before looking down at the textbook blankly.

I frowned at her response. "For that it's worth, I've never heard anyone use that nickname for you." It almost wasn't a lie. I may have originated the nickname, but that only meant I could hear it without thinking of it as her name; simply a label I'd chosen to try to put on her. "I'll bet it was some jealous girl who started it...some women can be so petty." I shook my head in mock disgust. "They envy you because you don't have to try hard to put yourself together...sure, you've got a boyfriend, but you've got the type of personality and looks that means you don't need to doll yourself up." I gave her a serious gaze for a moment. "When other girls dress sluttily in short skirts and bikini tops at the club, all you have to do is smile, actually talk to a guy, and you could get anyone you wanted. You're not just beautiful. You're hot."
 
"Yeah, not many people about you can ask for help."
"Tell me about it, this place looks deserted."
"Most people out and about tonight...."

Which was true; my residence building wasn't exactly jam-packed either. Friday night seemed to be an outing day, or rather a 'party' day - where most Freshmen, like myself, experienced what was supposed to be college life. It wasn't my scene, I suppose, so I didn't really mind being left out of the loop.

"Looks like you're dressed up to go out yourself. Meeting Tyler after we're done?"

I shook my head in response "Nope, he's busy working on his own term project."
"Well, you just look really nice today, that's all."
I smiled and replied "Thank you."

He opened the textbook and we were right down to business.
"Well, I had an idea on where to start our argument. The professor had laid out many of the leading theories, but I like the thought of taking one of them apart, piece by piece...there's an easy example to follow in Australia, seeing how they've traded..."
"Right, I was thinking about doing the same thing here. Though, we should note down the differences between Australia and East Asia for this and..."

It wasn't so bad. It didn't take too long for us to clearly outline our project and if everything went smoothly, we'd have it done in a week. Two weeks tops. Economics felt pretty easy to me, though judging from Brent's face, he was beginning to get bored. I couldn't blame him, the subject wasn't all that interesting at all.

"So, it's been two weeks now. I'm sure you'd be the type of person to make lots of friends easily....you met me on your first day jogging,after all."

I chuckle, remembering that encounter: "Yeah, that was pretty crazy. But no, I haven't made many friends at all." I said, before glancing away from my textbook, crossing my arms before I continued "Did you know that people started calling me 'sexy tease' behind my back?"
He frowned, seeming as taken back as I was from that.

"For that it's worth, I've never heard anyone use that nickname for you."
"Thank God. The last thing that I need is for that to become widespread."
"I'll bet it was some jealous girl who started it...some women can be so petty."
"I guess that's pretty possible."
"They envy you because you don't have to try hard to put yourself together...sure, you've got a boyfriend, but you've got the type of personality and looks that means you don't need to doll yourself up. When other girls dress sluttily in short skirts and bikini tops at the club, all you have to do is smile, actually talk to a guy, and you could get anyone you wanted. You're not just beautiful. You're hot."

I blushed a bit at his words and smiled before responding "Well thank you for that. It does make me feel a little better, to be honest." A light chuckle escaped my lips, before I stopped myself; despite there not being many people around, I still didn't want to make any noise in case, in the off-chance, that there were people besides ourselves who were studying.

"Say, you're bored with the project, aren't you? Do you want to just drop it for now?" I asked honestly with a grin.
 
"Well thank you for that. It does make me feel a little better, to be honest." She chuckled, seeming to stop herself from going further. I didn't know whether it was the place, or the company, that stopped her; and what it was she was going to say. What as on her mind became apparent a moment later, as she looked at me with a shy grin. "Say, you're bored with the project, aren't you? Do you want to just drop it for now?" she continued, and I leaned back with a sigh. Even with as many games as we'd been playing with each other, it was apparent that neither of us were capable of hiding the fact that this project was well below our abilities. Still, I was reluctant.

"This is going to be super easy; I think we could get an 'A' together without really trying." I gave another look down. "I hate to waste the evening, though...all of our friends are out by now, and we did plan for this to be two hours." I nodded at her. "Tyler's probably out and about by now, and I'm sure he wouldn't want you hanging out with me for anything other then this project." I gave the look of someone who knew he was second, and rightfully so.

"No, no." I said, shaking my head. "I can't infringe on his territory, even unintentionally." I looked at her, standing up slowly as I collected my things, our meeting done. "We can do most of this over email, if you want...but there's some lines I don't want to cross." That was mostly true, even if she probably wasn't aware where the lines were. "I wouldn't mind you walking me back to my dorm..." I said with a smile, accepting where I was in her hierarchy. Even if I was intent on changing it.
 
"This is going to be super easy; I think we could get an 'A' together without really trying."

"Right, I can't believe that we thought that this was going to take a long time to do."

"I hate to waste the evening, though...all of our friends are out by now, and we did plan for this to be two hours. Tyler's probably out and about by now, and I'm sure he wouldn't want you hanging out with me for anything other then this project."

"Oh, don't say that. Tyler wouldn't mind." I say, as the look on his face made it seem as if Tyler was some controlling ogre.

"No, no. I can't infringe on his territory, even unintentionally. We can do most of this over email, if you want...but there's some lines I don't want to cross."

"Territory?" I asked almost in disbelief "No, seriously it's okay. Don't think about it so much."

"I wouldn't mind you walking me back to my dorm..." he said with a smile and I couldn't help but return it as I closed my book. I got up, putting my small bag over my shoulder before saying: "Sure thing. Trust me, Tyler wouldn't mind."

I wasn't sure if Tyler would really be okay with me spending some more time with Brent, but at this point, I figured that if I agreed with him and left to my own dorm without much insistence on my part to spend some time together, that I'd make us both look bad; Tyler would most likely seem like a jerk and I would look so dull.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Sure thing. Trust me, Tyler wouldn't mind."

He probably would if he knew what I had in mind. I let the uneasy smile and silence linger as we made our way back to my dorm. It was a nice evening, and I felt a bit of a breeze on my arms; I stole a look at her to see if...well, if certain parts of her anatomy were feeling it cool as well. Even if it looked like I was just making sure she was comfortable around me, without us talking; as if the recent conversation had made me a bit uncomfortable. It didn't. My only intent was to confuse her, rattle her just a bit so she'd make a decision that wasn't completely thought through. If there was one thing Nikki seemed to do well, it was making rational decisions.

But she was a woman; emotion could override reason.

We arrived at my dorm, and I turned back to her. "Well, I guess this is where we part ways." I didn't lean in for what had become our customary hug, joking around as if I was trying to lighten the tension. "You've probably seen Tyler's dorm room by now, I'm sure...they're pretty simple, and not much to look at. A lot like yours, except messier." I laughed, turning away to walk inside, doing so a bit slowly, before I turned back, shaking my head.

"Hell with it. Do you want to come up for a drink or two? You don't have to stay for long, but...it would be nice to spend a bit more time with you." With more truth then I'd figured on saying that night, I smiled at her. "Tyler doesn't have to know..." That statement had more truth to it then either of us realized...
 
The evening was a bit chilly this evening, though it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle. What I couldn't handle though, was the silence enveloping us as we made our way to his dorm. While this silence was normal when it came to our jogging sessions the past few weeks, I expected Brent to be a bit more talkative. I hoped that earlier didn't get Brent feeling down or anything...

Soon enough, we arrived at the dorm;

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways."
Judging from the way that he didn't lean in for our hug, made me think that my worries from earlier were pretty right.
"You've probably seen Tyler's dorm room by now, I'm sure...they're pretty simple, and not much to look at. A lot like yours, except messier."
Okay, so I did feel bad - even though he had laughed at his own little joke. In some part of my mind, I was a little mad at Tyler for ruining a fun relationship-

"Hell with it. Do you want to come up for a drink or two? You don't have to stay for long, but...it would be nice to spend a bit more time with you. Tyler doesn't have to know..."


I chuckled and with a smile I said "I'm not much of a drinker, but sure. I'd love to spend some more time around you." as I entered the building with Brent.
 
"I'm not much of a drinker, but sure. I'd love to spend some more time around you."

Even better. Athletes tended to have high metabolisms, and if she didn't drink much it wouldn't take long to...slightly impair her judgement. I wanted her aware and active, but with just a nudge in the wrong direction. My expression changed the instant she answered. "Great." I said with relief. "I was worried that...never mind." I shook my head. "Don't want to give you the wrong impression." I led her inside, holding the door open as I laid a gentle hand on her shoulder. "I'm just up on the fourth floor...." Being a senior had an advantage in this regard; my room was bigger then most, and definitely bigger then Tyler's.

It was still a dorm room, though. I led her to the stairs with a knowing look. "Stairs will be better for us. Not hard with all of the jogging we do, right?" Normally it would be pretty easy, but she was wearing heels, which would make her trek much more deliberate then mine. I matched her pace, enjoying the sound of her heels and the way her hair moved when she stepped. It looked much better free, but that would probably be a step too far. The tank top was like a second skin on her firm body, and her shorts were even tighter then that. At about the third floor, I stopped, letting her pass me so I could tie my shoe...and steal another glance at her long legs. God, she had no idea how much I was ogling her right now...

Or maybe she did. With a guilty smile, I made my way back to her, as we walked down the mostly empty hallway, and I got my keys out to let her in. "My room's a bit better then most...we'd have to be pretty loud to have anyone hear what we're doing." I opened the door, and let her in to my 'home'.

A single, dark leather couch was in the far corner of the room, facing a television that wasn't as good as it looked, with an X Box hooked into it. The entire house was carpeted dark green, except for the small, open kitchen that flanked the living room. It was an open concept, so whoever was in the kitchen could look out the large window that faced right into it, although I had the bilnds shut on it currently. There was a hallway to the left, which led to my all-too small bathroom, bedroom, and linen closet.

And, of course, it was a little messy; two controllers and a few random papers littering the small table near the couch. I motioned her to the couch. "Make yourself comfortable." If only she'd interpret what I really wanted out of that, as I went for the fridge. "Beer?"
 
"Great. I was worried that...never mind."

I had never seen Brent behave this way before; it seemed to me almost as if he was nervous. I smiled warmly at that, as I followed him in.
"Don't want to give you the wrong impression. I'm just up on the fourth floor...."
"No wrong impression given. I trust you." I replied as he held the door for me.

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't an elevator for us to use; not that I couldn't handle a little exercise, as I could - it was just that with these heels, going up a flight of stairs was a bit tricky.

"Stairs will be better for us. Not hard with all of the jogging we do, right?"

"Yeah, for sure." I said, despite knowing that it would be a bit hard with these shoes. My pace was a bit slow, that's for sure, and the clicking noise that my shoes made kind of echoed through the staircase. Brent was in front of me most of the way, though after a while he needed to tie his shoes as I went in front of him, leading the way. I wondered that whether these shorts were the appropriate attire for this; they were on pretty tight and were a bit shorter than what I would have liked. Anyway, if he was looking at my curves, I guess that I didn't have a problem with that; I was used to it, in a strange way, after our more recent jogging sessions.


He caught up with me eventually, with a smile on his fac.e I grinned back, as I said "Finally? I was afraid that I'd have to go to your room without you."

We did reach it pretty soon afterwards, with him gloating that: "My room's a bit better then most...we'd have to be pretty loud to have anyone hear what we're doing."

It was pretty nice - much nicer than my own dorm room which wasn't much at all. It was simple, but pretty well equipped. It looked extremely cozy, especially compared to mine which was mostly composed of my bed and my laptop.

"Make yourself comfortable."
"Thanks!" I said, sitting down on the couch as he offered me a beer.
"Beer?"
"Yes please." I said, eying the place a bit more when I spotted a controller. "Oh cool, you've got an Xbox! I haven't played video games since I've got here."

Thanks to Tyler, I was a bit of a video-game enthusiast.
 
She accepted my offer of a beer as she looked around my room. Probably judging it, seeing what I had...which I wanted. She might not be thinking of me as a friend anymore, as more then that, even if I hadn't unseated Tyler. But I knew it wouldn't be about her letting me take his place; I'd have to knock over his damn chair and force my way next to her. "Oh cool, you've got an Xbox! I haven't played video games since I've got here." I cocked an eyebrow at her as I popped open her bottle of beer along with mine; that was a bit of a surprise knowing Tyler as much as I thought I did.

"No room for one in your dorm?"
I asked, making my way over and handing her the beer. "I don't usually do much with it; I've only got two controllers and I'm not much of a first person shooter." I nodded at the game in the box. "I enjoy racing games like 'Need for Speed' more; it lets me do things that I can't usually do when I'm at the wheel of my car." I took a swig of my drink, placing it on the table while noticing how much she was seeming to eye the controllers. And the way her tank top moved up her torso every time she moved.

I smiled at her. "I'd be open to playing a round or two with you, if you wanted to...just to kill a little time." I moved for the remote on the table, turning on the TV as if the decision was already made. "When I play with my friends, we usually do for nothing more then bragging rights...but I couldn't do that with you." I looked at her warmly. "You're too nice for me to want to trash talk you or anything like that." Which was a bold faced lie; if you played video games, you liked talking trash. "But I'm sure we can think of...something to play for."
 
"No room for one in your dorm?"

I laughed, shaking my head "Well, there probably wouldn't be any space." I said, exaggerating how small my room really was by just a bit "Seriously though, I completely forgot to bring a television and a video game console. Oh well."

I thanked Brent for my beer, taking a sip from it.

"I don't usually do much with it; I've only got two controllers and I'm not much of a first person shooter. I enjoy racing games like 'Need for Speed' more; it lets me do things that I can't usually do when I'm at the wheel of my car."


I drank again from the beer, trying to ignore the taste (as I never really enjoyed it) before answering "I see what you mean. I probably played more racing games than shooters too. I never liked playing games with too much gore anyway." as I adjusted myself on the edge of the couch to be more comfortable. I could feel my top moving a bit more as I moved, but didn't feel to pull it down to cover the bit of bare skin that was now visible.

"I'd be open to playing a round or two with you, if you wanted to...just to kill a little time."

"Awesome! That sounds like fun."

"When I play with my friends, we usually do for nothing more then bragging rights...but I couldn't do that with you. You're too nice for me to want to trash talk you or anything like that. But I'm sure we can think of...something to play for."


I smiled at him, though raised an eye brow as I always did whenever it seemed to me that he was hiding something. "Oh? That sounds like fun too. What did you have in mind? I'm pretty broke, so money is out of the question"
 
She seemed a little suspicious of me - in a friendly way - an eyebrow raised in puzzlement as she smiled back at me. "Oh? That sounds like fun too. What did you have in mind? I'm pretty broke, so money is out of the question" Nobody had money, of course; we were both college students. I pretended to be deep in thought as I switched the TV to the X Box's input; turning it on while considering what it was we'd be playing for. As if we'd play regardless of what the stakes ended up being. As the game's screen came up, I handed her a controller, shrugging as if I wasn't sure about what I was going to say.

"Well, the winner could...ask the loser to do something?" I took another big swig of my beer, seeing her distaste at her drink. "I could grab you something else if you'd prefer, Nikki...I've got rum and vodka in the cabinet." While she thought about that, I rubbed my head in thought. "The winner get to tell the loser to do something...like pick their nose, or try to do a handstand." I took another swig and laughed, as if the idea was juvenile. "Hey, those are just my ideas. I'm sure you can think of better things then that for me to do..."

My eyes drifted to my digital camera, on a bookshelf in the corner, as I waited to see what she thought of my idea...and the offer of another drink. I didn't want her to get tipsy quicker. No sirree. I, on the other hand, was a practiced drinker; my judgment was nothing near impaired yet. Although I could feel myself getting excited as she answered me.
 
"Well, the winner could...ask the loser to do something?"

I thought about it and it sounded a little vague for me. Still, I knew that Brent probably would ask me to do something completely outrageous, so I can't say that I was suspicious of his motives.

"I could grab you something else if you'd prefer, Nikki...I've got rum and vodka in the cabinet."

I laughed and replied "Oh my god, yes please. I didn't want to seem rude or anything, I just don't like the taste of beer. I'll have some rum please."

And so, as he moved out of the room, he continued:

"The winner get to tell the loser to do something...like pick their nose, or try to do a handstand." As he took another swing at his beer, I laughed and he did too.

"Hey, those are just my ideas. I'm sure you can think of better things then that for me to do..."

"Probably better than those two that you just mentioned." I replied with a chuckle. Yeah, this seemed like a bet that I could get behind. It was innocent, and it wasn't something too insane, at least compared to my peers who were now out at some club, doing God knows what. I continued "So, tell the loser to do anything? Fine by me; be prepared to eat those words as you clean my dorm room." with a grin on my face as I picked up a controller.
 
"Probably better than those two that you just mentioned." I was in the kitchen, fully agreeing with her words as I popped a couple of ice cubes into a small glass, filling it slightly with Rum "So, tell the loser to do anything? Fine by me; be prepared to eat those words as you clean my dorm room." The smile on her face was easy, no idea of what was to come as I dropped the glass next to her half full beer bottle; not taking it yet, as I still had plans for it. For my part, I didn't grab another drink as the screen loaded up.

"It's you who will be doing the eating."
I laughed back at her, as we chose the track and our cars." I gave her one more taunting look as we started, and I had to admit: she was pretty good. For someone who hadn't played video games in a while, she could handle that controller pretty well. That didn't change the fact that I was letting her lead for most of the race before turning it on in the final lap. It didn't change the fact that I had to play near perfectly at the end, and beat her by a nose.

"Wooo!" I whipped my arms around in mock celebration, although I stopped short of posing with my fists in the air as I looked at her. "Best 2 out of 3?" I motioned to her. "We can consider that a 'practice' run, if you want." A sheepish grin adorned my face. "Or, if you want, my first 'order' for you will be for you to drink the rest of that beer you hate so much. In one gulp." It was a typical guys dare, and I hoped she'd see it as what it wasn't - which was just an innocent way to get her started. And impair her judgment just a bit more.

Or a chance to see some of the beer spill on her top. Either one.
 
"It's you who will be doing the eating."
"We'll see about that." I said with a grin, choosing my car.

If Brent didn't realize this by now, it's that I had some competitive spirit. Even for someone as fruitless as a video game; this wager we had going on just seemed to fuel it. That, and the fact that I really did need to clean up my dorm room and I was in no mood for it. The race pretty easy at first, I was well ahead of Brent until in the final lap, I made some stupid mistakes. I was good at this game, so it annoyed me to no end when he barely based me in the end.

"Wooo!"
"You have to be kidding me!"
"Best 2 out of 3? We can consider that a 'practice' run, if you want. Or, if you want, my first 'order' for you will be for you to drink the rest of that beer you hate so much. In one gulp."
I sighed and answered "Okay fine. Give me that beer." as a sore loser.

I took the beer bottle and eyed it for a moment "I hate this stuff..." I complained before taking it to my mouth and drank as much as I could. Obviously, wincing as I drank it, I spilled some on myself (though not that much), mostly in the bit of cleavage that my top gave out. I was surprised that I was able to drink as much as I could and soon put the bottle away.

"Okay..." I said, sticking my tongue out comically as I looked away from the bottle "No more bets having to do with beer."
 
Predictably, she gulped down the beer as quickly as she could. And spilled a bit on her chest; somehow missing her top (or it being black covered up that she had), and she stuck her tongue out at me playfully. "Okay..." She looked away from the beer bottle, apparently glad to be done with it. "No more bets having to do with beer."

"I just wanted to see if you could take all if that in one gulp." Ignoring my double innuendo, I motioned to her. "You can choose the next track, if you want...." A ploy designed to make her more comfortable with what we were doing, and with me. "See if that helps." I was about to take a risk here, or so I thought, as the race started, and we went through the twists and turns of another battle. This time, though....I lost. Deliberately, of course, but she'd let through out, which was intentional on my part - we were 1-1, but she'd been leading for most of both races.

"Okay. You get to order me to do something. Although..." I started. "I've got a thought about upping the stakes a bit." With my hands held up in clarification, I continued. "We could keep doing this for a while, but I think we need to increase the number of races...so we play longer and then we order each other around longer." Another look. "Each time someone wins, the loser can either agree to do what the winner wants...or double the stakes. If they manage to win, the favors reset to 0. But if the loser keeps losing, the stakes keep doubling. So one favor becomes two, becomes four, becomes eight...." I grinned at her. "I could be your slave in no time." Another laugh, to cover the seriousness of what I'd just said.

The thought of that was a futile attempt to distract her from any thoughts of her becoming my slave. "I'd like to defer...and try to get my favor back. Assuming you want to start playing like that right now."
 
"You can choose the next track, if you want...."
"Oh, you're so dead now."
"See if that helps."
"We'll see."

I chose the track carefully; I had played this game a few times over Tyler's place, before we went to college, so I obviously picked the track that I was the most familiar with. I vaguely remembered the routes, shortcuts and pitfalls, so subconscious, I moving along the turns perfectly. So much so that I actually had won the match without much effort from my part.

"Yes!" I cried "In your face!" I then added playfully. Hey, I was competitive.

"Okay. You get to order me to do something. Although..."
"Although what?"
"I've got a thought about upping the stakes a bit."

This sounded promising. If I could keep up what I did this round, then I win bigger stakes here.

"We could keep doing this for a while, but I think we need to increase the number of races...so we play longer and then we order each other around longer. Each time someone wins, the loser can either agree to do what the winner wants...or double the stakes. If they manage to win, the favors reset to 0. But if the loser keeps losing, the stakes keep doubling. So one favor becomes two, becomes four, becomes eight...."

He grinned at me, and I couldn't help do the same.

"I could be your slave in no time."
"I was just thinking that. You're so going to keep my dorm clean for the entire year."
"I'd like to defer...and try to get my favor back. Assuming you want to start playing like that right now."
"By all means. Let's do this again! Do you want to pick the track this time?"

Obvious he did and I cursed myself for giving him the advantage. The race was more or less a repeat of the first one; namely, that I was doing extremely well for the first two laps. Tried as I may, during the final lap he caught up and passed me by the skin of his teeth.

"No!" I said, tossing my head back on the couch as I laugh. "How can you keep doing that?"
 
"No!" She was still enjoying our match; and even if I had an idea of what was coming, I was too. Maybe even more so since I knew what I'd be ordering her to do. "How can you keep doing that?"

"Skill, Nikki. That's what it's called." I smiled. I could see some subtle slippages in her playing, probably caused by the alcohol. Or maybe I was hitting my groove. "Regardless, now we're even. Still want to play?" Of course, I was trying to incite her; athletes were always competitive and she seemed to have a fiery streak in her. I hoped - knew - that she'd press on after every loss, hoping to get the one win that would wipe it all away. I chose the next track, and it was an easy win, and I stood up, posing as if I was in front of a great crowd of people cheering me on.

"Wanna quit?" I teased her. "I could get you another drink, if you want..." She'd gotten a bit of rum, and I nodded at the glass. "Maybe another drink or two would improve your driving skills." Soon, we started up again, and I won the next two matches, my victories starting to get a bit longer and longer. Much like certain other parts of my anatomy as I watched her frustration, and her not paying attention to how her top was shifting around...

"I'll tell you what. You can choose my vehicle for the next one, if you want."
Okay, that was going too far, but I had to make her think she could wipe out her favors. "Or you can just do two things for me, right here, right now." I teased. "Which would be admitting that I can beat you at this game, no matter what...if you really want that."
 
"Skill, Nikki. That's what it's called."
"Yeah right. You're totally cheating." I said, teasingly.
"Regardless, now we're even. Still want to play?"
"Of course!"

There was no way that I was going to let this end with a tie. I knew that I had him and if I gave up now, it would practically be admitting defeat. So I grabbed hold of the control and challenged him again. I was so confident that I was going to win, that I even let him pick the next track. Yeah, it was a pretty dumb move.

"Wanna quit?"
"No way!"
"I could get you another drink, if you want..."
"So I can do even worse?"
"Maybe another drink or two would improve your driving skills."

Well, maybe it could. So I nodded and he got me a glass of rum, I think. I wasn't much of a drinker, so I couldn't tell the difference. It was stronger than beer, obviously, but the taste went down a lot easier. Regardless, he won the next match...and the one after that. We were still on, and I leaned over in attention to the screen, determined to win; if not, I could be in trouble. I was so determined, in fact, that I didn't even notice how by leaning forward, a bit of my black underwear could be seen emerging from my denim shorts, as the top hiked up a bit.

"I'll tell you what. You can choose my vehicle for the next one, if you want."
"Well..." I thought about for a moment, actually thinking about cutting my losses. But then...

"Or you can just do two things for me, right here, right now. Which would be admitting that I can beat you at this game, no matter what...if you really want that."

Okay, I couldn't do that.

"Nope, you're not getting off that easy. You're going down!"

I chose his vehicle and judging from the stats, I think that I picked the worst one. The race was a total catastrophe...for me. I'm not sure what happened, maybe it was my desire to win so badly, but the track completely ruined me.
 
"Nope, you're not getting off that easy. You're going down!" Ah, the endless confidence of video gamers...especially ones a little tipsy. Especially ones who's panties were sticking out of her shorts, her bra clearly visible under her comfy tank top. I smiled back at her playfully, and she chose something that was the equivalent of a smart car. Hey, you could be environmentally conscious even in a video game. I hated the damn things, in real life and in the game itself, it looked like a freaking phone booth.

And I still won. She made a couple of bad turns and I scooted by her (although I would've been beaten by any competent AI opponent), not celebrating quite as much this time. "Got lucky you screwed up." I said, looking at her. "I don't think that'll happen again if you choose my car..." I switched back to my preferred model, looking at her. "But now it's my turn." Keeping up the pretense of playfulness, we went to the next track.

I won that one. And the next one, putting her at eight favors. I kept teasing her, like any gamer would. "One win will wipe it all out, Nikki....you want to keep playing, right?" I finished my beer as she responded, and we got to the race starting screen. "Cut it off now, and you'll only need to do eight things for me." Of course, she wouldn't. It didn't make sense to stop yet. But no matter what she did, she couldn't win, as I made it four wins in a row.

Sixteen favors. "Okay." I said, sighing at her. "If you want to keep playing, we'll have to up the stakes a bit, or I'll run out of things for you to do to me....for me, I mean." Hopefully she didn't hear that too clearly. I met her gaze with a sly grin. "You game?"
 
Back
Top