im so excited

Dropping by to say hi and hope that you two had a great weekend. I hope that the storms were not too bad and that all is well with you both.

(((((((((Jenny and Oman))))))))))):rose:
 
tonitits said:
Dropping by to say hi and hope that you two had a great weekend. I hope that the storms were not too bad and that all is well with you both.

(((((((((Jenny and Oman))))))))))):rose:

Thank you, Toni:rose:

HUGGGGGGS back. Our storms weren't that bad, and we were inside for most of the weekend. Oman is local again this week, so he'll be home every night.:)

Oman, I'd even fight a dragon to be with you!:D

http://www.draconian.com/sale/statue_collect/dreams.jpg :heart:
 
JennyOmanHill said:
Thank you, Toni:rose:

HUGGGGGGS back. Our storms weren't that bad, and we were inside for most of the weekend. Oman is local again this week, so he'll be home every night.:)

Oman, I'd even fight a dragon to be with you!:D

http://www.draconian.com/sale/statue_collect/dreams.jpg :heart:

I am glad that the storms were not bad and that ya'll get to be together all week. Hope you both have a wonderful week. Hugs.
 
This is a true story that happened in Japan.

In order to renovate the house, someone in Japan tore open the
wall. Japanese houses normally have a hollow space between the
wooden walls. When tearing down the walls, he found that there was
a lizard stuck there because a nail from outside was hammered
into one of its feet. He saw this, felt pity, and at the same time
he was curious. When he checked the nail, turns out, it was nailed
10 years ago when the house was first built.

What happened?

The lizard had survived in such a position for 10 years! In a dark
wall partition for 10 years without moving, it is impossible and
mind boggling. Then he wondered how this lizard survived for 10
years without moving a single step--since its foot was nailed!

So he stopped his work and observed the lizard, what it had been
doing, and what and how it has been eating. Later, not knowing
from where it came, appeared another lizard, with food in its
mouth.

Ahh! He was stunned and at the same time, touched deeply. Another
lizard had been feeding the stuck one for the past 10 years...

Such love, such a beautiful love! Such love happened with this
tiny creature...

What can love do?

It can do wonders!

Love can do miracles!

Just think about it; one lizard had been feeding the other one
untiringly for 10 long years, without giving up hope on its
partner.

If a small creature like a lizard can love like this... just
imagine how we can love if we try.
 
Re: Re: You have been my lifesaver!

LongHardLook said:
Congratulations you guys from an old tubber.

Thank you, mysterious tubber!:rose:

It seems like I've known Oman forever, and I'm so glad we entered the world of Syd's Tub way back when!:)

:rose:
 
Hope you are both doing well. I thought that you might enjoy this. Btw, Happy Hump Day!

Put the Glass Down
A lecturer was giving a lecture to his student on stress management. He raised a glass of water and asked the audience, "How heavy do you think this glass of water is?"
The students' answers ranged from 20g to 500gm.
"It does not matter on the absolute weight. It depends on how long you hold it.
If I hold it for a minute, it is OK.
If I hold it for an hour, I will have an ache in my right arm.
If I hold it for a day, you will have to call an ambulance.
It is the exact same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
"If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on, the burden becoming increasingly heavier."
"What you have to do is to put the glass down, rest for a while before holding it up again."
We have to put down the burden periodically, so that we can be refreshed and are able to carry on.
So before you return home from work tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it back home. You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you are having now on your shoulders, let it down for a moment if you can.
Pick it up again later when you have rested... Rest and relax. Life is short, enjoy it!!
 
Jenny I realize that you moved to the midwest, but thought you might get some helpful tips from this! Hope you are having a great Thursday! ((((((((Jenny and Oman)))))))))

Subject: Bless Your Heart

Subject: Bless Yer Hearts-This is Sooooooooooo True!!!

Someone once noted that a Southerner can get away with the most
awful kind of insult just as long as it's prefaced with the words, "Bless her heart" or "Bless his heart." As in, "Bless his heart, if they put his brain on the head of a pin, it'd roll around like a BB on a six lane highway."
Or, "Bless her heart, she's so bucktoothed, she could eat an
apple through a picket fence." There are also the sneakier ones: "You know, it's amazing that even though she had that baby 7 months after they were married, bless her heart, it weighed 10 pounds."
As long as the heart is sufficiently blessed, the insult can't
be all that bad. I was thinking about this the other day when a friend was telling about her new Transplanted Northern friend who was upset
because her toddler is just beginning to talk and he has a Southern accent. My friend, who is very kind and, bless her heart, cannot do a thing about those thighs of hers, was justifiably miffed about this. After all, this woman had CHOSEN to move to the South a couple of years ago. Can you believe it? “said her friend.”A child of mine is going to be "taaaallllkkin liiiike thiiiissss.."

Now, don't get me wrong. Some of my dearest friends are from
The North, bless their hearts. I welcome their perspective, their
Friendships and their recipes for authentic Northern Italian food. I've even gotten past their endless complaints that you can't find good bread down here. And the heathens, bless their hearts, don't like cornbread!
We've already lost too much. I was raised to say "swanee," not
swear, but you hardly ever hear anyone say that anymore, I swanee you
don't.

And I've caught myself thinking twice before saying something
Is "right much," "right close," or "right good" because non-natives think this is right funny indeed. I have a friend from Bawston who thinks it's hilarious when I say I've got to "carry" my daughter to the doctor or "cut off "the light.. She also gets a giggle every time I am "fixin'" to do something. And, bless their hearts, they don't even know where "over yonder" is or what "I reckon" means!

My personal favorite was my aunt, saying, "Bless her heart, she
can't help being ugly, but she could've stayed home."

Southern girls know bad manners when they see them:

1. Drinking straight out of a can.
2. Not sending thank you notes.
3. Velvet after February.
4. White shoes before Easter or after Labor Day.

Southern girls always say:
1. "Yes, ma'am."
2. "Yes, sir."

Southern girls have a distinct way with fond expressions:

1. "Y'all come back! now ya heaah,"
2. "Well, bless your heart."
3. "Drop by when you can."
4. "How's your mother?"
5. "Love your hair."

Southern girls know their three R's!:
1. Rich
2. Richer
3. Richest

Southern girls know everybody's first name:

1. Honey
2. Darlin'
3. Sugah

Southern girls know the movies that speak to their hearts:
1. "Gone With the Wind"
2. "Fried Green Tomatoes"
3. "Driving Miss Daisy"
4. "Steel Magnolias"

Southern girls know their cities dripping with Southern charm:
1. Hotlanta or Adlanna = (Atlanta as outsiders say)
2. Richmon
3. Challston
4. S'vannah
5. Birminham
6. Nawlins'
7. OH! And that city in Alabama? It's pronounced MUNTGUMRY!

Southern girls know the three deadly sins:

1. Bad hair
2. Bad manners
3. Bad blind dates
G.R.I.T.S. = Girls Raised in The South!

Now you run along, Sugah, and send this to someone else Raised
In The South, i.e., Southern Belles, or ANY females aspiring to be
GRITS. Even the northern ones, "Bless Their Hearts".

That reminds me-I have a rubber stamp that says "Just because
Your children were born in the South does not make them Southerners.
After all, if a cat had kittens in the oven, that wouldn't make them biscuits."
Bless Yer Hearts
 
Hope you two had a wonderful weekend.
(((((((((Jenny and Oman))))))))))

Btw Jenny NHL playoffs start this week! Stars are playing the AV. I think Dallas will win. They are playing hot, got Turco back, and some of the others off injured list and the AVs have not been playing too good lately and can't win at home. We are hot at home and do pretty well on the road too. The first 2 games are in Co. Wed and Fri. and then 2 here and if we should happen to let them win one we will have to go back out there and beat them on their home territory! lol
 
Thanks, Toni! I love the southern information!

As far as game one went for the Stars, they lost (bless their hearts!).;) In fact, all the teams I "picked" lost tonight! (Why doesn't that surprise me?)


Oman....

Hope your Wednesday went well. I always seem to be complaining, but you know I've been having a difficult time this week! But...

:nana: :nana:

It's Thursday already!!

We'll be waiting for you!:heart:
 
JennyOmanHill said:
Thanks, Toni! I love the southern information!

As far as game one went for the Stars, they lost (bless their hearts!).;) In fact, all the teams I "picked" lost tonight! (Why doesn't that surprise me?)


Oman....

Hope your Wednesday went well. I always seem to be complaining, but you know I've been having a difficult time this week! But...

:nana: :nana:

It's Thursday already!!

We'll be waiting for you!:heart:

No problem. I figured that you might need a little bit of an education to fit in down here. As far as the Stars go, yeah I know, I saw just about all the 1st period and was disappointed in them. Later at work one of my co-workers told me that they lost. But that is ok, it is just game one and the Stars were just cutting the AVs a little slack and let them get big heads before they come back and slaughter them, I hope! lol. j/k. Hope you both have a wonderful weekend. I have to work tonight and then going to my son's LTC convention Fri and Sat. will probably try to get in here on Sunday sometime. Have a happy Easter and tell Oman not to eat too much candy! (it is ok for us ladies to eat chocolate! hehehe)((((((((((((((Oman and Jenny)))))))))))))))))
 
Happy Easter to the two of you. Hope that Easter bunny was nice to you. It is cold here. Talk to you soon! ((((((((Oman and Jenny))))))) btw Jenny AA said that you didn't have much of an accent!
 
JennyOmanHill said:
Thank you, Toni:rose:

Hope your Easter weekend was wonderful.

Ours was great! Two trips to the zoo, beautiful weather and lots of time together.:heart:

Thanks again, my darling 'Man!:kiss:

Can't wait to see them roaming outside!

http://www.zooish.com/_borders/giraffe1_md_wht.gif

:kiss: :heart:

{{{{ Jenny & Oman }}}}

Glad you two had a wonderful weekend!

Now that is something I haven't done in over 25 years! Go to the zoo here in Milwaukee. Next time Goddess comes over, we'll have to do that...it's close, and it is wonderful. :)
 
69forever said:
{{{{ Jenny & Oman }}}}

Glad you two had a wonderful weekend!

Now that is something I haven't done in over 25 years! Go to the zoo here in Milwaukee. Next time Goddess comes over, we'll have to do that...it's close, and it is wonderful. :)

Oman got us a season's pass for Xmas, and we're planning on making a lot of mini-visits throughout the rest of the year. It's a good way to exercise (made it up the hill today a lot better than I did on Friday!), plus it's a joy to spend time visiting these wonderful creatures.

Good idea!

Regards to you and GoS!:rose:
 
Back
Top