** Maryland **

BethAnne said:
so Susano...if i understand you correctly (and please feel free to say i don't...)
men are scared of commitment because they
1) prefer freedom
2) and that since the only constant is change...it's preposterous for us to expect men to commit because to do so means that they are acting against a natural law...so therefore, do not commit, since it's not possible to stay committed.

now you correct me if that isn't what you were trying to say!

but can i just say...
that no one said the committment had to be irrevocable...
and
if both parties are changing and growing, it's not unreasonable to think they can remain together
and
healthy relationships do allow for individual freedom

so
i don't think that's the problem
i think temptations just hasn't met the right man yet
and when she does
they will committ to each other
unconditionally, totally, and completely!

Oh, for sure she'll meet the right man, and he'll think differently than that! I can no more speak for every man than I can for every computer geek, or everyone who wears t-shirts.
Just giving my own reasons, since I hadn't heard them yet, and they're good ones--for me.
 
Good morning all! That turned out to be a very nice Easter weekend. I hope everyone had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Hopefully your own personal Easter Bunnies were verrrrrrry good to each of you! ;)


peace...


:devil:
 
Saving this thread from page 2 oblivion;)

Hey--quick question for Baltimore-area types...I'm going to be in Baltimore on Friday at a conference (at the Marriott Waterfront, between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point)...I'll probably have the afternoon off, but will need to head home around 5 pm. Any suggestions on things to do while I'm there? I'm especially partial to checking out good restaurants and bars...

Roman
 
Susano said:
Oh, for sure she'll meet the right man, and he'll think differently than that! I can no more speak for every man than I can for every computer geek, or everyone who wears t-shirts.
Just giving my own reasons, since I hadn't heard them yet, and they're good ones--for me.
kewl...so i did understand you correctly?
just curious to see how my interpretive skills were working
 
RomanHans said:
Saving this thread from page 2 oblivion;)

Hey--quick question for Baltimore-area types...I'm going to be in Baltimore on Friday at a conference (at the Marriott Waterfront, between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point)...I'll probably have the afternoon off, but will need to head home around 5 pm. Any suggestions on things to do while I'm there? I'm especially partial to checking out good restaurants and bars...

Roman
oh sweetie...shoot!
i'd meet you for some sort of libation or another but i'll be out of town this weekend...;)
hmmm...you can't really go wrong at the inner harbor, or fells point either!
the hotel concierge whould be able to help...
the rusty scupper has the best location and the prettiest view etc, but not the best menu, food, or prices...but the view is great!
i always feel like you're better off at the inner harbor pavilions...and if it's nice out you can stroll along and enjoy, and if it's icky out you can sit inside and enjoy
oh hey!
there's a hooter's at the inner harbor! :D
lmao!
whatever you decide...have fun...wish it was a time when i'd be home and could spend some time with you!
sheesh...
 
RedBeard49 said:
Greetings denizens...... how was everyone's day? :D
*waves to Bethy*
hey perry!
how's you today???
i've been busy...productive...and need to be even more productive as i'm going back to work tomorrow...
*sigh*
 
BethAnne said:
hey perry!
how's you today???
i've been busy...productive...and need to be even more productive as i'm going back to work tomorrow...
*sigh*

I had a wonderfully boring day discharging My civic responsibility on jury duty. Sat around most of the day waiting for a trail that, in the end, never took place. What fun. Oh well, got Me out of the zoo known as work for the day. Back to work eh? Spring break must be coming to an end. :kiss:
 
RedBeard49 said:
I had a wonderfully boring day discharging My civic responsibility on jury duty. Sat around most of the day waiting for a trail that, in the end, never took place. What fun. Oh well, got Me out of the zoo known as work for the day. Back to work eh? Spring break must be coming to an end. :kiss:
*sigh*
sad but alas true!
well...nobody will pay me to stay at home and sleep, or talk on the phone, or get my nails done, or play online...so i have to work...there be living expenses that must be met...
dang!
it's ok...i relaly do love my job...just love being off too! lol

i did jury duty once...loved it!
we knew the guy was guilty as sin, but the prosecutor and police did a half-assed job and failed to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt...and yes the judge actually said those very words to us "shadow of a doubt" so we had to acquit...but we all knew the booger was a lying sob!
was a drug case too...and given the drug problem in this area, and the fact that i work in the field of education and child nutrition, i really wanted to convict!

so anyway...it was a neat experience for me...i felt i'd done my civic duty...and got to participate in the process.
sorry you had a boring day!
 
BethAnne said:
*sigh*
sad but alas true!
well...nobody will pay me to stay at home and sleep, or talk on the phone, or get my nails done, or play online...so i have to work...there be living expenses that must be met...
dang!
it's ok...i relaly do love my job...just love being off too! lol

i did jury duty once...loved it!
we knew the guy was guilty as sin, but the prosecutor and police did a half-assed job and failed to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt...and yes the judge actually said those very words to us "shadow of a doubt" so we had to acquit...but we all knew the booger was a lying sob!
was a drug case too...and given the drug problem in this area, and the fact that i work in the field of education and child nutrition, i really wanted to convict!

so anyway...it was a neat experience for me...i felt i'd done my civic duty...and got to participate in the process.
sorry you had a boring day!

Well, I've had more than My share of not so boring days on jury duty. Back in the early to mid 90's (can't recall the exact time) I did 18 months, yes dear - months, of Federal Grand Jury duty. Now THAT was fun. Three days a month for 18 months. Not sure if you ever heard of a guy by the name of William Aromony (ex head of the United Way). Well, I was part of the Federal Grand Jusy that indicted that sleezeball.
 
RedBeard49 said:
Well, I've had more than My share of not so boring days on jury duty. Back in the early to mid 90's (can't recall the exact time) I did 18 months, yes dear - months, of Federal Grand Jury duty. Now THAT was fun. Three days a month for 18 months. Not sure if you ever heard of a guy by the name of William Aromony (ex head of the United Way). Well, I was part of the Federal Grand Jusy that indicted that sleezeball.
nope...never had the pleasure of hearing about him...at least not enough for it to sink in...
 
BethAnne said:
nope...never had the pleasure of hearing about him...at least not enough for it to sink in...

He was the one that started all of United Way's financial problems.... diverting funds for personal use..... maintaining a bimbo in Fla. .... letting her use the company condo in NYC complete with limo and driver at her beck and call.... Ever since him, donations to UW have steadily declined.
 
EVENING

Hey ya'll..I'm home ..whew..dang traffic at Potomac Mills...grrrrrr
Hi BEthy..kisses darlin'...Hi Baby...kisses for you too!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
 
Re: EVENING

Feistyred16 said:
Hey ya'll..I'm home ..whew..dang traffic at Potomac Mills...grrrrrr
Hi BEthy..kisses darlin'...Hi Baby...kisses for you too!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
deb...it's a tragedy
*sniffle*
*weep*
*sob*
help me!









i have to go back to work tomorrow!
*wail*
 
Cool

Susano said:
Oh, for sure she'll meet the right man, and he'll think differently than that! I can no more speak for every man than I can for every computer geek, or everyone who wears t-shirts.
Just giving my own reasons, since I hadn't heard them yet, and they're good ones--for me.

What you said earlier was very interesting. Is there a source or inspiration to your philosophy? I love philosophy and I'd be interested in talking to you about your thoughts. I'm glad to see though that you've got your own reasons and your sticking to them, its important to have that.
 
Re: Re: EVENING

BethAnne said:
deb...it's a tragedy
*sniffle*
*weep*
*sob*
help me!









i have to go back to work tomorrow!
*wail*


Mmmm I thought you went today...dammit we could have had lunch....
 
BethAnne said:
kewl...so i did understand you correctly?
just curious to see how my interpretive skills were working
I deem you discerning and incisive--yes, as far as I could tell you grokked me.

And MoZ, you could say that philosophy is based partially on the works of Peter J. Carrol and those who preceeded him, like Austin Osman Spare, but it's mine because they agree with me, heh.

Oh, and BethAnne, I think that judge was on the take. IIRC, you're only supposed to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt, not beyond a shadow of a doubt.
 
Re: Re: GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING

princess4u said:
good morning WG - the same to you

btw - how was the wedding??? :confused:
It was thuper, thanks for asking :D No, I had a lot of fun. The ceremony was really nice. I used my dad's camera and took lots of pictures. The bride was radiant! (isn't that what people always say?) The reception was at the world-renowned Holiday Inn in Waldorf at 301S. The food was great, especially the appetizers: vegetable taquitas, tiny, vegetable patties, I think they had spinach in them, hot wings, meatballs. The main course was a choice of chicken cordon bleu and salmon. I had chicken. The DJ wasn't that great but the music was okay and it got better once the newlyweds got on the dance floor. I got to hang out with my cousins and my parents and a good time was had by all.

I hope everyone is having a nice evening.

Regards,

WG
 
Re: EVENING

Feistyred16 said:
Hey ya'll..I'm home ..whew..dang traffic at Potomac Mills...grrrrrr
Hi BEthy..kisses darlin'...Hi Baby...kisses for you too!:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

WHAT?!?!?!? you were over in My neck of the woods and didn't tell Me? *grrrrrrrrr* That, My dear will get you 50 lashes..... with My :p !!!!!
 
BethAnne said:

i did jury duty once...loved it!
we knew the guy was guilty as sin, but the prosecutor and police did a half-assed job and failed to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt...and yes the judge actually said those very words to us "shadow of a doubt" so we had to acquit...but we all knew the booger was a lying sob!
was a drug case too...and given the drug problem in this area, and the fact that i work in the field of education and child nutrition, i really wanted to convict!
You mean, you all didn't pool your money together and hire a hitman? Tsk, tsk. *just kidding*
 
ISN'T HE...

RedBeard49 said:
Well, I've had more than My share of not so boring days on jury duty. Back in the early to mid 90's (can't recall the exact time) I did 18 months, yes dear - months, of Federal Grand Jury duty. Now THAT was fun. Three days a month for 18 months. Not sure if you ever heard of a guy by the name of William Aromony (ex head of the United Way). Well, I was part of the Federal Grand Jusy that indicted that sleezeball.
the man without a penis?
 
Re: ISN'T HE...

waverlysgirl said:
the man without a penis?

No hun, he had one and used it on the little bimbo he "kept" in Fla. Set her up as a "corporation"... "paid" her with UW funds.... let her have the run of the coporate condo in NYC, complete with limo and driver at her beck and call.... I think he was about 70 and she was in her early 20s.
 
~waves and smiles~

~smiles and waves~
Good evening every one..hope all had a wonderful Easter and a good monday...

Please keep the family of a young girl killed by a drunk driver in my area today in your prayers and thoughts...she was 21 yo, recently engaged and accepted to Harvard Law School.

~sighs and whispers~ some sounds are unforgettable. The sound of a mother screaming after she is informed her daughter is dead is a sound that you never ever get to go away. This is the part of my job i hate.
 
Back
Top