** Maryland **

Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~smiles and waves~
Good evening every one..hope all had a wonderful Easter and a good monday...

Please keep the family of a young girl killed by a drunk driver in my area today in your prayers and thoughts...she was 21 yo, recently engaged and accepted to Harvard Law School.

~sighs and whispers~ some sounds are unforgettable. The sound of a mother screaming after she is informed her daughter is dead is a sound that you never ever get to go away. This is the part of my job i hate.

*soft sigh* I know what you mean. I heard that sound a few times to many when I drew SAO (survivor assistance officer) duty when I was in the Army. Notifying people of the death of a loved one in Vietnam. May I inquire as to what your job is?
 
Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

RedBeard49 said:
*soft sigh* I know what you mean. I heard that sound a few times to many when I drew SAO (survivor assistance officer) duty when I was in the Army. Notifying people of the death of a loved one in Vietnam. May I inquire as to what your job is?


~smiles softly~
Certainly Red....I work in the ER...I enjoy my job...but this is something you carry with you regardless of how long it is....and im sure you know what it sounds and feels like...it is so difficult. NO matter how hard you try to not bring things like this home you cant help it. I walk out of the ER at the end of the day and I cry. I sit in the parking lot at work and cry. Then I come on here and vent.
 
Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~smiles softly~
Certainly Red....I work in the ER...I enjoy my job...but this is something you carry with you regardless of how long it is....and im sure you know what it sounds and feels like...it is so difficult. NO matter how hard you try to not bring things like this home you cant help it. I walk out of the ER at the end of the day and I cry. I sit in the parking lot at work and cry. Then I come on here and vent.

*tight hug* How well I know. And we feel that way because we are human. If things like that don't affect you then I'd be hard pressed to define you as living. I admire you for what you do, that's one job I don't think I could handle. And as for venting here... vent away My dear. Vent away. :rose:
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

RedBeard49 said:
*tight hug* How well I know. And we feel that way because we are human. If things like that don't affect you then I'd be hard pressed to define you as living. I admire you for what you do, that's one job I don't think I could handle. And as for venting here... vent away My dear. Vent away. :rose:


~smiles and hugs you~
thank you very much..and as far as admiration..well its a job that means alot to me..it is more rewarding than painful ...but in those times when it is soo painful i and more and more thankful for the people i have in my life...and i hug my children even tighter each night.

~hugs again~
:rose:
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~smiles and hugs you~
thank you very much..and as far as admiration..well its a job that means alot to me..it is more rewarding than painful ...but in those times when it is soo painful i and more and more thankful for the people i have in my life...and i hug my children even tighter each night.

~hugs again~
:rose:

I have no doubt that the rewards outweigh the pain... you, and those like you hold life itself in your very hands. Again, you have My admiration.

On a bit different subject..... I LOVE your AVs. *slighty wicked smile*
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

RedBeard49 said:
I have no doubt that the rewards outweigh the pain... you, and those like you hold life itself in your very hands. Again, you have My admiration.

On a bit different subject..... I LOVE your AVs. *slighty wicked smile*


~smiles~ thank you...i like them a tad sexy and suggestive but not overly sexual....glad you enjoy them..

I am going to make more...a friend on here pointed out to me that I could now use my own custom ones...~dances a lil~
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~smiles~ thank you...i like them a tad sexy and suggestive but not overly sexual....glad you enjoy them..

I am going to make more...a friend on here pointed out to me that I could now use my own custom ones...~dances a lil~

Well... they are that... and may I add sensual too. Only problem with using your own is the size restriction. I've got a couple I'd like to use but they are both too large and animated. I can take care of the size of the single one's ... but the animated ones I just can't do. *deep sigh* Oh.. and btw.... your name fits... very well. :devil:
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~smiles~ thank you...i like them a tad sexy and suggestive but not overly sexual....glad you enjoy them..

I am going to make more...a friend on here pointed out to me that I could now use my own custom ones...~dances a lil~

Just noticed the last line of your "signature" on your posts... what the heck is "the-pork.com"? *lol*
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

RedBeard49 said:
Well... they are that... and may I add sensual too. Only problem with using your own is the size restriction. I've got a couple I'd like to use but they are both too large and animated. I can take care of the size of the single one's ... but the animated ones I just can't do. *deep sigh* Oh.. and btw.... your name fits... very well. :devil:


~giggles and blushes~
thanks...feel free to email me the ones you need changed at my aol addy in your PM and I'll see what i can do ..as soon as I can get to them. I can do the animated and the others....and thanks about the name..~winks~
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~giggles and blushes~
thanks...feel free to email me the ones you need changed at my aol addy in your PM and I'll see what i can do ..as soon as I can get to them. I can do the animated and the others....and thanks about the name..~winks~

well thank you. I just may take you up on that offer. I use to have a program that handled animations but lost it in a drive crash and couldn't remember where I downloaded it from. May I ask what program you use? Have a great night.
:)
 
Hey baby!..I'm back for a time...I just spent the last hour arguing with NO.1 son...so dinner was not something I got too...and I'm starving now...Mmm wonder who will make a delievery for me;)
 
Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

RedBeard49 said:
Just noticed the last line of your "signature" on your posts... what the heck is "the-pork.com"? *lol*

~laughs~
its a chat site....http://the-pork.com
ive chatted there for years...
oh and i use Paint Shop Pro 7...feel free to send and i'll see what i can do...


~smiles~
evening Feisty
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~laughs~
its a chat site....http://the-pork.com
ive chatted there for years...
oh and i use Paint Shop Pro 7...feel free to send and i'll see what i can do...


~smiles~
evening Feisty

Hey Temp..how are ya tonight?
 
good evening everyone ~

temp - sounds like you've had a trying day
here's a hug ((((temp))))

red - i sympathize - back to work for me today too
poor bethie - chin up now - you can do it :D
 
RomanHans said:
Saving this thread from page 2 oblivion;)

Hey--quick question for Baltimore-area types...I'm going to be in Baltimore on Friday at a conference (at the Marriott Waterfront, between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point)...I'll probably have the afternoon off, but will need to head home around 5 pm. Any suggestions on things to do while I'm there? I'm especially partial to checking out good restaurants and bars...

Roman
wow Roman - just a few blocks from me -

on the harbor, you could try McCormick & Schmick - nice view, good food, but fairly expensive

also close to ESPN Zone and Hard Rock if you like that type restaurant - if you like jillian's, the upstairs at the ESPN Zone is very similiar to it

if it's a nice day and you'd like to sit outside, there's the cheesecake factory in harborplace

the Rusty Scupper has a good view but is on the other side and the food leaves a lot to be desired

if you like casual bars, head to fells point - there are plenty of them there

if you like italian, you are only a few blocks from "little italy" but to me that's more of an "evening" type atmosphere

if you have extra time, you can visit the aquarium, the science center, or the imax theater
 
Re: Re: EVENING

RedBeard49 said:
WHAT?!?!?!? you were over in My neck of the woods and didn't tell Me? *grrrrrrrrr* That, My dear will get you 50 lashes..... with My :p !!!!!

um, I'll take those 50:p lashes...but I didn't shop alone today.
otherwise...you KNOW you would have known;)
 
Feistyred16 said:
Hey baby!..I'm back for a time...I just spent the last hour arguing with NO.1 son...so dinner was not something I got too...and I'm starving now...Mmm wonder who will make a delievery for me;)

".... who will male a delivery for me"? *lmao* Now just what is on your mind baby. :heart: :heart: :heart:
 
Re: Re: Re: EVENING

Feistyred16 said:
um, I'll take those 50:p lashes...but I didn't shop alone today.
otherwise...you KNOW you would have known;)

Cum to think of it.... you've already had your first installment of the :p lashes.... but there are many more awaiting you hon. :devil:
 
Feistyred16 said:
lol, I know..you see I edited the post....*giggles*:heart: :) :kiss:

I see that now... it wasn't that way when I made My post. *lmao* But the point remains, I think the original post was a Freudian slip..... :kiss:
 
RedBeard49 said:
I see that now... it wasn't that way when I made My post. *lmao* But the point remains, I think the original post was a Freudian slip..... :kiss:

You know, I think you are right!:kiss: :heart:
 
Re: Re: Re: ~waves and smiles~

temptations said:
~smiles softly~
Certainly Red....I work in the ER...I enjoy my job...but this is something you carry with you regardless of how long it is....and im sure you know what it sounds and feels like...it is so difficult. NO matter how hard you try to not bring things like this home you cant help it. I walk out of the ER at the end of the day and I cry. I sit in the parking lot at work and cry. Then I come on here and vent.
I'm sorry that today was particularly tough. I will keep the family and you in my prayers. By all means, vent to your hearts desire, and we're always here for PMs, too, if you're having a tough night.

Regards,

WG
 
Back
Top