Newly 18 :D

Literature, my dear. Hence my fascination with what you've been up to today. I teach older periods mostly, and a sexy girl who loves poetry is a sexy girl indeed, in my book.

I LOVE poetry. This year is English Literature instead of Composition. Thank god. I love to write but only creatively. Like rogerian papers are the death of me.
 
I LOVE poetry. This year is English Literature instead of Composition. Thank god. I love to write but only creatively. Like rogerian papers are the death of me.

I love poetry too, and i've even published on it, but mostly poetry in other languages.

What do you mean by a "rogerian" paper?
 
Haha nice. Its ok. It's lame anyways.

LitCrit writing can be creative, though, especially if you're dealing with poetry. I think it's impossible to interpret a poem well without engaging with it imaginatively, and getting that engagement down on paper requires careful attention to language, to turns of phrase, to metaphor. In other words, it involves writing in a way that is not captured by the systematic approach of the rogerian model.
 
LitCrit writing can be creative, though, especially if you're dealing with poetry. I think it's impossible to interpret a poem well without engaging with it imaginatively, and getting that engagement down on paper requires careful attention to language, to turns of phrase, to metaphor. In other words, it involves writing in a way that is not captured by the systematic approach of the rogerian model.

Well the litcrit essay today was about this poem, I forget who by, and it asked how the last two lines related with the rest of the poem. It was a really simple analytical question. But today was just an invitational not district or region. It get's harder as it goes.
 
Well the litcrit essay today was about this poem, I forget who by, and it asked how the last two lines related with the rest of the poem. It was a really simple analytical question. But today was just an invitational not district or region. It get's harder as it goes.

So when's the next level of the competition?
 
Umm idk haha. I just wait for my coaches to tell me. I think its in december before christmas break.

You'll have to keep us posted . . .

Btw, if you'd ever like to chat on yahoo, I'm citykid1967 there. Would love to get real nerdy with you.

I should log off, though, and concentrated on the papers I'm grading. Have fun at the concert!
 
You'll have to keep us posted . . .

Btw, if you'd ever like to chat on yahoo, I'm citykid1967 there. Would love to get real nerdy with you.

I should log off, though, and concentrated on the papers I'm grading. Have fun at the concert!

Thanks! :]
 
Sexy Kay, I was wondering if there would be something special for 3000 posts, but I realized that all of your pics are quite special!:rose:
 
Wow. I will agree. A very lucky guy. Browsing Image Socket and seeing the pictures posted there, so VERY sexy. What I wouldn't give to have been holding the camera as you held my white essence.
 
Back
Top