Poetry for killing time

Victoria_2001_02769 said:



Softly,
I will leave you softly
For my heart would break,
If you should wake...
And see me go.

So, I leave you
Softly,
Long before you miss me;
Long before your arms,
Can beg me stay....
For one more hour,
For one more day.

After all the years,
I can't bear the tears
To fall....

So softly,
As I leave you there.

Long before your arms
Can beg me stay...
For one more hour,
For one more day.

I can't bear
The tears to fall...

So softly,
As i leave you there....

As I leave you there.
This shines
With a light
From within.
 
Sung voice could be like
A river
gently finding its way to the sea.
Could be like
Quiet
In a garden at nightfall.

Oh, but could be like
The wind
screaming through ice covered limbs.

Could be like
Crystal,
shattered on a corner in the quiet city.

The light that shines twice as bright
should burn but half as long.
But oh, does it burn.
 
Victoria_2001_02769 said:
Softly,
I will leave you softly
For my heart would break,
If you should wake...
And see me go.
I've always loved these lyrics. So many great artists performed it. :)
 
Why does it hurt when I am alone
pain is just my way, when I try to atone.
You see my emotions, how I feel
life fights me daily, though I manage to deal.
My mind races trying to catch that one thought
I never knew that it was you that I caught.
My words are not poetry filled with grace
love or hate me, just give me my space.
I keep most at arms length
but you I have found give me my strength.
I don't know what I can do for you
to repay what I owe, what is due.
I do enjoy flirting and playing around
but it is you who keeps my feet on the ground.
It is a shame that time is not on our side
you know I love you, I say this with pride.
Why do I always type these poems for this one
my intentions are pure honey, and i'm done.
 
not high art but it made me laugh - and we could all do with more laughs

her heart beat so fast, all aflutter
in her mouth he would melt, just like butter
but when push came to shove
he lacked skills - oral love
left her gagging and sporting a stutter!
 
then this

i would be grass to the brush of your palm
silk, and water
river over rock
air over ice
smoke over rush

you'd bring flocks of birds to my mouth
rainbows to my senses
diamonds and jet and garnet to my eyes
you, the wind
the flame
the molten wax, the bark and flexing thrust of salmon
rising through the rivers of us

white waters churn and froth and boil
the leaps the undertow the
breath held

the magnificent leaps

legs cling to back
move - a tidal rhythm
urging you onwards
and upwards
to our mutual goal
 
Liquid Sex

You've eyes of a devil
icy blue, that set one on fire
You've a soul of an angel
a heart of gold 'twined with
barbed wire.

You're passion and pain
emboddied and complex
You're longing and desire
a pure liquid sex.
 
Time it was, but time left
and distance stayed.
We're not close enough to be
this far away.
 
Last edited:
Pure pain without you in my life
suffering alone, full of strife.
Alcohol only numbs the pain
when you are gone, life drives me insane.
Your touch is like a breath of fresh air
when I am not close to you I just don't care.
You are the one that makes me happy inside
being with you fills me with pride.
I know I should relax and keep a good pace
but I love you and the angel Grace.
 
Last edited:
DevilsChild said:
Pure pain without you in my life
suffering alone, full of strife.
Alcohol only numbs the pain
when you are gone, life drives me insane.
Your touch is like a breath of fresh air
when I am not close to you I just don't care.
You are the one that makes my happy inside
being with you fills me with pride.
I know I should relax and keep a good pace
but I love you and the angel Grace.

*hug* :kiss:

I totally adore you. Just sayin.
 
it's easier when
i close my eyes
to feel him out there

i feel him close
his own and reach
finger-thoughts
hand in darkness

we follow the thread
that pulls us in
catch-breath as fingers meet
in that space we make
 
Waiting~written 2/21/06

A breath that begins slowly
Shivering upon the air like fairy wings
Every color of the rainbow trapped between
This moment and the next
An eternity of waiting
Wanting, wishing.

Exhalation which brings comfort
Breathe in peace, blow out impatience quickly
Every minute brings one closer to completion
Each second slowly trickling away
An eternity in the making
Each second, waiting

And yet, this wanting continues
Unending, an atomic clock with perfect time
Without the pleasure of the sound: tick, tock
Trapped here in sublime stillness
Eternity in each moment
Waiting, still waiting
 
1hotfuck said:
*hug* :kiss:

I totally adore you. Just sayin.

My poetry sucks, but the effort is there. Thanks honey.

I feel your pain, deep in my heart
it rips at my soul, tears me apart.
I would give anything to spare you one more day of this
offering you anything to help, even if it was just a soft kiss.
You know what my heart says to you
bitch, moan, or argue, you know its true.
I crave to hold you one more time
to be away from you this long should be a crime.
I want you in a way that I can't express
without getting all sappy and making a mess.
 
I have no memories to compare to what we shared tonight
all I can say is, as the fallen angel, try and follow the light.
I did my best and it is never enough
just know that life is hard and will treat you rough.
I know that you, more then anyone, understands my pain
I will deal with what you said, and try to keep you sane.
I don't know everything that you have gone through in life
Just realize that I am all to familiar with strife.
Death is something close to my heart
closer then I want, please don't make this the start.
Of something I dread, someone as close as you
Believe it or not, I know it is true.
Sweet as the taste of honey on my lip
I want you to be with me, attached at the hip.
If ever anyone knew of the life you have lead
I swear I wont ever let you get in my head.
My worries of you prevent me from rest
I swear I will be, the very best.
 
if you let me go
then I will know
it never really mattered.

if you pull me in
what do we begin
do I fear my heart'll be shattered?

if you hold me tight
stay with me thru the night
then nothing else will have mattered.
 
an Ode to DC's AV.

AUTHOR's NOTE: I love the way those eyes just BOUNCE out....this just came to me as I looked at it....


---------------------------
Oh to be held
captive by
those eyes
so blue
and striking
knowing and wise

are you a devil
as you claim
to be
I wonder
how much
those eyes
can see

Or perhaps
you're more
such as a beast
I pray thee then
take me
for your feast....

--------
 
revised version

written while falling asleep


i would be grass to the brush of your palm
silk, and water
river over rock
air over ice
smoke over rush

you'd bring flocks of birds to my mouth
prisms to my senses
sleet and mist, a monsoon to my eyes
you, the wind
the flame
the molten wax,
the bark and flexing thrust of salmon
rising through the rivers

white waters churn and froth and boil
the leaps the undertow the
breath held

the magnificent leaps
 
Last edited:
this morning
crisp air and rumpled sheets
woke up reaching
reaching for you...
but the bed was still empty
the cool sheets a reminder

i imagine you
at the foot of the bed
watching me
my hair a morning mess
my cheeks flushed
from my wicked dreams

do you like what you see?
 
JEJ, I Love you more every day!

Hearing You Sleep.

I listened for a long time
you just relaxed and sleeping
The sound so calming
I soon follow
If only for awhile

Thoughts of ...
your hair upon your pillow
your face smooth with rest
your mouth barley parted
your breast rise with each breath

My peaceful beauty
the woman who knows me best,
our lives were meant for these moments
so the past we'll leave behind
and grow even more together

Your my best friend,
my confidant,
my soul mate,
and my lover,

Come sleep by my side forever
in life, in death, and beyond.
 
Last edited:
Walt Whitman's - To a Stranger

Passing stranger! you do not know how longingly I look upon you,
You must be he I was seeking, or she I was seeking, (it comes to me as of a dream,)
I have somewhere surely lived a life of joy with you,
All is recall'd as we flit by eachother, fluid, affectionate, chaste, matured,
You grew up with me, were a boy with me or a girl with me,
I ate with you and slept with you, your body has become not yours only nor left my body mine only,
You give me the pleasure of your eyes, face, flesh, as we pass, you take of my beard, breast, hands, in return,
I am not to speak to you, I am to think of you when I sit alone or wake at night alone,
I am to wait, I do not doubt I am to meet you again,
I am to see to it that I do not lose you.
 
Walt Whitman - A Noiseless Patient Spider

A noiseless patient spider,
I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated,
Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding,
It launch'd forth filament, filament, filament, out of itself,
Ever unreeling them, ever tirelessly speeding them.

And you O my soul where you stand,
Surrounded, detached, in measureless oceans of space,
Ceaselessly musing, venturing, throwing, seeking the spheres to connect them,
Till the bridge you will need be form'd, till the ductile anchor hold,
Till the gossamer thread you fling catch somewhere, O my soul
 
Last edited:
I know its a lyric but I reckon he's one of the best poets writing today.

In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway American dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected
and steppin' out over the line
Baby this town rips the bones from your back
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap
We gotta get out while we're young
`Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend
I want to guard your dreams and visions
Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims
and strap your hands across my engines
Together we could break this trap
We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back
Will you walk with me out on the wire
`Cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider
But I gotta find out how it feels
I want to know if love is wild
girl I want to know if love is real

Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard
The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
And the boys try to look so hard
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist
I wanna die with you Wendy on the streets tonight
In an everlasting kiss

The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybody's out on the run tonight
but there's no place left to hide
Together Wendy we'll live with the sadness
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
Someday girl I don't know when
we're gonna get to that place
Where we really want to go
and we'll walk in the sun
But till then tramps like us
baby we were born to run

Bruce Springsteen
 
Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night


Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas
 
small excerpt from W.W's The Wound-Dresser

I onward go, I stop,
With hinged knees and steady hand to dress wounds,
I am firm with each, the pangs are sharp yet unavoidable,
One turns to me his appealing eyes -- poor boy! I never knew you,
Yet I think I could not refuse this moment to die for you, if that would save you.
 
Robert Frost's 'Fire and Ice'

especially dedicated to the global-warming debaters ;)

Fire and Ice


Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
 
Back
Top