Poetry for killing time

Dorothy, again

Resume

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
 
summer has slipped through my fingers
you are older and wiser already
you listen more to the things that are unsaid
than the things i am brave enough to say

you make me believe in old souls
your eyes tell me that you know
you know the secret
and the secret is that i, sometimes, am just as afraid as you
that sometimes, i don't know the answers

the secret doesn't seem to scare you
it scares me
each mistake worries me
which one will be the one to make you mutter about me someday?
which mistake will be the one that makes you curse under your breath when i speak?

but your eyes tell me otherwise
old souls forgive
you say...."it's alright, mama"
and then, I can sleep at night

sometimes i wish you would stay little
but i know better
you are too grand to be kept small forever
your spirit and mind astound me

the summer has passed us by
our weeks of play and whispers are coming to an end
it is my treasure... this time i have to be your friend
i know someday things will evolve.

but this is my favorite time
this was the summer you whispered your first crush in my ear
this was the summer you were brave enough to swim
this was the summer you held my neck and buried your face their during the fireworks

i will not forget that you are your own person
i will not forget that my love for you overfills my heart
i will not forget that you have to make your own way
I will not forget this summer
 
Lyrical.

wideeyedone said:
summer has slipped through my fingers
you are older and wiser already
you listen more to the things that are unsaid
than the things i am brave enough to say

you make me believe in old souls
your eyes tell me that you know
you know the secret
and the secret is that i, sometimes, am just as afraid as you
that sometimes, i don't know the answers

the secret doesn't seem to scare you
it scares me
each mistake worries me
which one will be the one to make you mutter about me someday?
which mistake will be the one that makes you curse under your breath when i speak?

but your eyes tell me otherwise
old souls forgive
you say...."it's alright, mama"
and then, I can sleep at night

sometimes i wish you would stay little
but i know better
you are too grand to be kept small forever
your spirit and mind astound me

the summer has passed us by
our weeks of play and whispers are coming to an end
it is my treasure... this time i have to be your friend
i know someday things will evolve.

but this is my favorite time
this was the summer you whispered your first crush in my ear
this was the summer you were brave enough to swim
this was the summer you held my neck and buried your face their during the fireworks

i will not forget that you are your own person
i will not forget that my love for you overfills my heart
i will not forget that you have to make your own way
I will not forget this summer
 
I reached out to you
but you weren't there.

The hand I hoped
would pull me from the abyss.

I'm lost and afraid;
I need you near.

6 months of pleasure
is now days of pain and saddness.

Each tear I cry
for what I never did

for words, three words
I never had the courage to say.

But that "love" in mine
has turned to "miss"

And that "love" in yours
has turned to "hate"

and I am lost.
 
so clumsy clumsy
stupid youth fool me
redfaced and trembling
wanting to run and hide
 
coming to grips
slick issues
dreamscapes
fevered longings
a name on his lips -
would it make a Saint blush?

only from envy
only from envy...
 
If it were done,
then shouldn't it be gone?
All that is gone is
the time before.

There is no time before
and the sun rises
and the sun sets
and the stars look down.
 
I lift my face
to the sun
and smile
as it dries my tears.

Perhaps a new
day has come
and I
can continue on.
 
on the curve of the wave
the rise and fall
chest a warm deck beneath cheek
skin
moonlicked
evoked, a small lifting of hairs
a small stiffening of nipples
even though still lost in wamth and rhythmic liquid sleep

the sea's black oilstone blued by use
lit by flickers of imagination that see
eyelids holding secrets
dreams waiting to be breathed
and in the breathing, lived
 
She walked into my life
innocent as the day she was born.
I misread her intentions
I could have sworn she was here for the porn.
Little did I know the path fate would tell
How could she know she rescued me from hell.
Should I thank her for saving me from a life in pain
or should I just love her for keeping me sane?
Either way I choose I will keep a steady pace
By her side watching over her and baby Grace.
 
DevilsChild said:
She walked into my life
innocent as the day she was born.
I misread her intentions
I could have sworn she was here for the porn.
Little did I know the path fate would tell
How could she know she rescued me from hell.
Should I thank her for saving me from a life in pain
or should I just love her for keeping me sane?
Either way I choose I will keep a steady pace
By her side watching over her and baby Grace.

Have I mentioned lately that I adore you?
 
DevilsChild said:
She walked into my life
innocent as the day she was born.
I misread her intentions
I could have sworn she was here for the porn.
Little did I know the path fate would tell
How could she know she rescued me from hell.
Should I thank her for saving me from a life in pain
or should I just love her for keeping me sane?
Either way I choose I will keep a steady pace
By her side watching over her and baby Grace.

There is nothing like it on Earth.
 
1hotfuck said:
Ah ok. In that case I totally adore you. :heart:

Okay, that made me smile a lot. Mrs Rug and I've been saying that sort of thing for over 20 years now. Keep it up.

DC, whatever anybody else may say, you have the Gravyrug Seal of Approval. That comes with free weird blessings whenever you need them.
 
gravyrug said:
Okay, that made me smile a lot. Mrs Rug and I've been saying that sort of thing for over 20 years now. Keep it up.

DC, whatever anybody else may say, you have the Gravyrug Seal of Approval. That comes with free weird blessings whenever you need them.

*does a victory dance. Damn if I have the blessing of Jesus I am all good now. Seriously thank you gravy it is appreciated.
 
DevilsChild said:
*does a victory dance. Damn if I have the blessing of Jesus I am all good now. Seriously thank you gravy it is appreciated.

Not a problem. It's hard to not like people 1hf likes. She's got good taste.
 
gravyrug said:
Not a problem. It's hard to not like people 1hf likes. She's got good taste.

Amazing how a lady so beautiful can be so sweet at the same time isn't it gravy?
 
DevilsChild said:
Amazing how a lady so beautiful can be so sweet at the same time isn't it gravy?

It happens more often than you'd think, but it's always a grand thing.
 
gravyrug said:
It happens more often than you'd think, but it's always a grand thing.

I am not sure if I can agree with that one gravy. I have been around and seen much. 1hf is one of the few and the proud.
 
Back
Top