Sex Robots ??

Eh, I kind of feel like we've dealt with it here, but Pilot may certainly feel free to fulminate about how failure to attribute an image is just like stealing someone else's story and putting your own name on it on any thread he pleases. :D

When I was growing up - and that was pre-internet, mind you - the expectation was that artists got paid when their work was used. Then came record company greed, which tended to divert profits away from artists - and the internet, which suddenly made it easy to copy audio and visual works. (The very early internet was flooded with copyright violations of, inevitably, nude women.)

I've been told by much younger people that "music is free" - aka, they see absolutely nothing wrong with owning music they do not pay for. Many people, I expect, treat images of women the same way. (Not referring to Throbbs here - he found an image that had been released into the wild without a copyright notice, and he's modifying it for artistic or satire purposes, so I think he's within his rights, even if I think it's annoying.)

So here some of you are, and probably the younger ones of you, thinking that folk can take what you like from anywhere online Oh, except if it's your story. Then you don't want it showing up with someone else's name.

I try to live by "do as you would be done by", so you'll see that I have no material on this site that I don't own the rights to, no borrowing of other material at all. And the one time I caught someone taking something of mine, I went the DCMA route and down it came.

I recommend people take the same approach here. The law only works if you 1) honor it and 2) obey it yourself. Some of you might want to publish someday. Consider playing fair now so you don't look like an idiot later.
 
Sex with a robot seems like an expensive masturbation toy to me👠👠👠Kant
 
Public Domain doesn't exist as an interim fix until permissions are received. The suggestion it does doesn't alter the fact of theft.
 
Public Domain doesn't exist as an interim fix until permissions are received. The suggestion it does doesn't alter the fact of theft.

If this is a reference to my use of Public Domain above, that was referring to the Public Domain avatar I used in the interim while waiting on permissions for the original image. Blink and you probably missed it (and too bad for you, it was an adorable "Hello Satan" number I was actually tempted to keep); Facebook is a handy thing.

Have a fun day, kids!
 
So here some of you are, and probably the younger ones of you, thinking that folk can take what you like from anywhere online

Yeah, do spare me the condescending lectures, please. You'll notice I didn't disagree with Pilot in principle, however absurd and officious I found the hyperbole.
 
Yeah, do spare me the condescending lectures, please. You'll notice I didn't disagree with Pilot in principle, however absurd and officious I found the hyperbole.

No, you just decided it didn't apply to you, because . . . well, inconvenient law and ethics don't apply to you.
 
If I had "decided it didn't apply to me" I would just have ignored you from the outset, Pilot. Instead from, say, now.

Best of luck working this particular bit of officiousness out of your system, I'll check in on you again when I'm back on the forums. Toodles.
 
... (Not referring to Throbbs here - he found an image that had been released into the wild without a copyright notice, and he's modifying it for artistic or satire purposes, so I think he's within his rights, even if I think it's annoying.)...
.

:rolleyes::p

It seems you could remove the original images...
I went ahead and took MINE down, anyway.
 
If I had "decided it didn't apply to me" I would just have ignored you from the outset, Pilot. Instead from, say, now.

Best of luck working this particular bit of officiousness out of your system, I'll check in on you again when I'm back on the forums. Toodles.

You say it does apply to you and yet you just go ahead and flaunt it--and pretend like I'm the one being an asshat. (It seems like, despite the avatar, you are in the Trump vein.) Hmmmmm.

(And, yes, I've noticed who else is just lalalalaing her way through this issue despite her own forum rule on this.)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top