Texas roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen no reports, as of yet, about any deaths, though there are at least a hundred injured

Prayers don't hurt, but a donation to the American Red Cross (either cash or blood) would be far more tangible assistance.

Just sayin'

Sounds like there's such chaos they haven't got a count yet. And yes, absolutely, donations will be much needed as well.
 
Sounds like there's such chaos they haven't got a count yet. And yes, absolutely, donations will be much needed as well.

Given that US news sources like to sensationalize body counts, it bodes well there have been no reported fatalities so far. Current lists I've found are 66 injured, 38 seriously.
 
Given that US news sources like to sensationalize body counts, it bodes well there have been no reported fatalities so far. Current lists I've found are 66 injured, 38 seriously.

The link I posted just said that there are 6 firefighters who were there fighting the initial fire who are unaccounted for.
 
Le sigh, so sad.
Thanks for the info Y'all.

Can I just say.... I'm actually kind of glad that that the NBC affiliate from Dallas isn't releasing any numbers because they don't have actual numbers. They are saying only what they actually KNOW and that's the 40 that are already at the hospital who are critical and the 6 who are known to be missing. They aren't releasing wild numbers and are just trying to stick to actual facts.

Refreshing, if you ask me.
 
Can I just say.... I'm actually kind of glad that that the NBC affiliate from Dallas isn't releasing any numbers because they don't have actual numbers. They are saying only what they actually KNOW and that's the 40 that are already at the hospital who are critical and the 6 who are known to be missing. They aren't releasing wild numbers and are just trying to stick to actual facts.

Refreshing, if you ask me.

Agreed
 
Can I just say.... I'm actually kind of glad that that the NBC affiliate from Dallas isn't releasing any numbers because they don't have actual numbers. They are saying only what they actually KNOW and that's the 40 that are already at the hospital who are critical and the 6 who are known to be missing. They aren't releasing wild numbers and are just trying to stick to actual facts.

Refreshing, if you ask me.


Agreed. That's why I don't like the news they like to scare people.
 
Agreed. That's why I don't like the news they like to scare people.

Too be fair... I have never heard of any news program releasing information about the number of deaths in a tragedy without having the facts first.

And I really don't think news programs try to scare people. If news is scary, it's scary. I think the mistake that news programs make is trying to be the first to report on developments on stories. I saw it today, with the Boston marathon bombs story. All the news stations were reporting that someone had been arrested... They were going on and on about it, until someone high up said that no arrests had been made. News programs don't check facts like they should, but I'm pretty sure they don't make up their own death tolls or try to scare people.
 
Too be fair... I have never heard of any news program releasing information about the number of deaths in a tragedy without having the facts first.

And I really don't think news programs try to scare people. If news is scary, it's scary. I think the mistake that news programs make is trying to be the first to report on developments on stories. I saw it today, with the Boston marathon bombs story. All the news stations were reporting that someone had been arrested... They were going on and on about it, until someone high up said that no arrests had been made. News programs don't check facts like they should, but I'm pretty sure they don't make up their own death tolls or try to scare people.

Media, no doesn't intentionality scare people. Nor do they make up numbers, but have been known to report false information. News media does cause people to overreact and have fear. News media is about ratings. You get rating with shock factors, breaking news of any major story. Just like people don't want anyone harmed in an accident, but yet they still gawk at them. News should stick to facts and keep their big mouth shut until they have facts but they don't. Media is so ready to stick a mic in some innocent bystanders face just the get the story. Media as a whole for me IMHO, just exaggerates a lot.. Putting unnecessary fear in the insecure and scared. That's what I mean and in all reality is just my opinion, which doesn't rally make a difference.
 
Bedroom kind of weather down here.

Hope everyone is keeping safe.

Cold up here again... I really think that there's a groundhog who needs to be fired. They're predicting freezing weather again for us next week!
 
Cold up here again... I really think that there's a groundhog who needs to be fired. They're predicting freezing weather again for us next week!

*sneaks in, kisses MaxiAwesome on one cheek, pinches another*

:kiss:
 
Cold up here again... I really think that there's a groundhog who needs to be fired. They're predicting freezing weather again for us next week!

Like they say, We have two seasons in Texas, hot and cold. Just so happens they alternate in the same week.
 
Unexpected and unusual cold front in my area. Should warm up tomorrow though.
 
30 degree temperatures in the forecast again!! :eek:


Well so much for the four dresses I have just purchased. :rolleyes:
 
30 degree temperatures in the forecast again!! :eek:


Well so much for the four dresses I have just purchased. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure it will get warm enough sometime before next winter for you to wear them!
Evening everybody!
 
lol... okay missy! I just wanted to complain a little.. :D

Complaints not accepted here! :D It's almost Friday!!!
Oh, except that I have to have a little rant about it taking me 30 minutes to get out of the parking garage at work this evening. The traffic is atrocious downtown with the arts festival.
 
Complaints not accepted here! :D It's almost Friday!!!
Oh, except that I have to have a little rant about it taking me 30 minutes to get out of the parking garage at work this evening. The traffic is atrocious downtown with the arts festival.
well tell 'em to get outta your way tomorrow you have somewhere to be!! ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top