Texas roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, the sun's out after a lazy rainy afternoon. I should go out and plant the stuff I bought at the nursery this morning. Or not. :rolleyes:
 
The blue bonnets in the central Texas and hill country area are in full bloom. But it might be a little too late already. When they first rise up, they are the only green (and blue) above an inch tall. By this time, they are still looking great, but the other grasses and weeds are rising too. So what you see is not strictly blue bonnets.

I was up in the DFW area last weekend and they were just popping up there. I suspect, the best viewing is now moving north of the central Texas region...
 
The blue bonnets in the central Texas and hill country area are in full bloom. But it might be a little too late already. When they first rise up, they are the only green (and blue) above an inch tall. By this time, they are still looking great, but the other grasses and weeds are rising too. So what you see is not strictly blue bonnets.

I was up in the DFW area last weekend and they were just popping up there. I suspect, the best viewing is now moving north of the central Texas region...

I knooowww- I wanted to come down this next week but my schedule wouldn't allow it. I expect I'll see plenty on the way down there, though. And then there's always retail therapy, too! ;)
 
The blue bonnets in the central Texas and hill country area are in full bloom. But it might be a little too late already. When they first rise up, they are the only green (and blue) above an inch tall. By this time, they are still looking great, but the other grasses and weeds are rising too. So what you see is not strictly blue bonnets.

I was up in the DFW area last weekend and they were just popping up there. I suspect, the best viewing is now moving north of the central Texas region...
They are gorgeous all around town this weekend. I have seen so many of them. I think they waited to be available for the masses this weekend.
 
I missed the Jonquils in NC.. They're everywhere in Feb and March... But they might have come late this year due to the snows.. And the roses in May. Always around Mother's Day, my roses just bloomed and bloomed.

I miss that. A lot. :rose:
 
awesome day in texas... took the puppies out back and fell asleep in the recliner..... a little breezy but warm.
2 days then off to New York.
 
Good morning Texans!!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful weather and doing something fun.

Time for the crawfish boil soon :)
 
Spent the day up in the metro-plex area and I must say...

The bluebonnets up here are in full bloom and overtaking some of the fields I passed by this afternoon.

As beautiful as the many lovely Texas lasses that grace this thread...
 
Spending the week in the Hill Country. I'm headed for the back roads tomorrow- if I find anything extraordinary I'll share a pic of it.
 
Spent the day up in the metro-plex area and I must say...

The bluebonnets up here are in full bloom and overtaking some of the fields I passed by this afternoon.

As beautiful as the many lovely Texas lasses that grace this thread...

And where did you see the bluebonnets??? I still haven't found someplace where they are blooming up here?
 
Happy San Jacinto Day! Getting a little rain in my neck of the woods.

Any Texans out there who haven't said hello?
 
Happy San Jacinto Day! Getting a little rain in my neck of the woods.

Any Texans out there who haven't said hello?

I knew April 21 was something important.

Hmmm, a Texas boy in a suit? Doesn't get much better than that! ;)
 
*goes to google San Jacinto Day*

ssshhhh... :)

I have only lived in Texas most of my life and I'm not sure I've heard of this?


Seriously?
"San Jacinto Day is the celebration of the Battle of San Jacinto on April 21, 1836. It was the final battle of the Texas Revolution where Texas won its independence from Mexico.

It is an official holiday in the State of Texas. "

How come I had to work today then? ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top