The Cozy Corner

Man, I have a friend who was a totally normal, level headed guy, attractive qualities, and his gf ended things in Jan after a year and he’s just freaking lost it. She 1000% broke him… ghosting him hasn’t helped, the guy flew out here from Cali, unannounced, and showed up on her doorstep to try and talk.
I told him that was psycho behavior but 🤷🏻‍♀️

So some breakups can 100% turn the person crazy after!!
Damn. That sounds crazy.

Makes me glad that the couple of bad breakups I've had in my time didn't warp my brain that badly.

One gave me a kind of ptsd for a while, sure. But I understood that and knew I had to be careful with myself around women for a bit.
 
Poor guy has no support network or close friends where he is either.. I’m all he’s got and I’m 1500 miles away 😬
And yes, the lack of closure is what’s driving him crazy. He knows it, he sees it, he just can’t rein it in.
The way she handled the whole thing was absolute BS too :/ (I say this as someone who was close with both of them and I’m the one who set them up) she had a complete change of personality that I haven’t seen in the years I’ve known her.

Just wild
Mmmm. Relationships take a lot of maturity and delicate handling. Otherwise it's gonna manifest into a powderkeg like the situation you've described. Also, damn people are so isolated and lonely these days. We've never been more connected and more lonely at the same time. 😔
 
Mmmm. Relationships take a lot of maturity and delicate handling. Otherwise it's gonna manifest into a powderkeg like the situation you've described. Also, damn people are so isolated and lonely these days. We've never been more connected and more lonely at the same time. 😔
Absolutely, sadly, true!!

It’s one of the reasons I set the two of them up, to get him to move out here… which he was in the process of putting into motion before things went to pieces.

Too many adults don’t know how to actually be an adult and communicate openly and honestly in situations like that
 
Absolutely, sadly, true!!

It’s one of the reasons I set the two of them up, to get him to move out here… which he was in the process of putting into motion before things went to pieces.

Too many adults don’t know how to actually be an adult and communicate openly and honestly in situations like that
Sometimes, introspection and being honest with yourself is hard even as an adult. But we have to embrace the hard things, because the alternative is worse... Bad outcomes, consequences down the line. Being honest with yourself is the first step, then setting up a good communication protocol and expectations.

It's important to have those little check ups especially during the honeymoon phase when things can seem rosy and exciting. Dishonesty builds distrust and that's no foundation for any relationship. Trust is hard to build and easy to crumble. Jenga tower, it only takes once piece.
 
What kind of massage do we usually get? Personally it's either Thai or Chinese remedial.
Had Thai once. Never again. I was left bruised. Not relaxing at all to me. I don’t care to be man handled during a massage. So no deep tissue for me. Swedish and I ask for light pressure.

So now you ALL collectively know pain is not my kink.
 
Had Thai once. Never again. I was left bruised. Not relaxing at all to me. I don’t care to be man handled during a massage. So no deep tissue for me. Swedish and I ask for light pressure.

So now you ALL collectively know pain is not my kink.
I now go to a Physio guy. I get scrapping, dry needling and cupping. It's no joke. I look like I got hit by a car when I leave, but wow does it help...
Going to him tomorrow afternoon, getting prepared mentally
 
Had Thai once. Never again. I was left bruised. Not relaxing at all to me. I don’t care to be man handled during a massage. So no deep tissue for me. Swedish and I ask for light pressure.

So now you ALL collectively know pain is not my kink.
That's more than fair. Thai massages are brutal. I do appreciate a gentle Swedish massage from time to time but I think I need the deep tissue kind this time. Got a few knots...
 
Back
Top