The Queen Is Gone

Omg. One of the most wonderful people. Well, at least that was her public image.
 
Sad. I grew up listening to her because my Mom loved her voice. Her husband, Carl Dean, passed away last March. I've noticed that once a spouse passes, the other may not be far behind. It seems truer for couples who have been together a long time. They had married in 1966.
 
Sad to hear. I Will Always Love You was IMHO one of her best tunes and I like both her and Whitney Houston’s versions. A great C&W icon will be missed.
 
The announcement is so poignant.
Also, a funny story from Dolly to remember her how she was.
And my favourite song from her.
 
I can't stand country music, but I love everything I've ever heard her sing. And everything else I've ever read about her is inspirational: what a wonderful person.
 
Agree RIP Dolly, but did anyone else think when they first saw this thread that somebody had resurrected an old thread from September 2022?
 
Back
Top