What's for dinner?

I'll add that you can always use a flat bottomed drinking glass to crush peppercorns in a pinch. I've also flattened chicken cutlets that way.
 
I'll add that you can always use a flat bottomed drinking glass to crush peppercorns in a pinch. I've also flattened chicken cutlets that way.

I wouldn't do this, nor recommend it. Glass doesn't have sufficient strength to avoid shattering when used like this. Bad juju to be holding a glass and pressing it down against small round and very hard objects with extreme force when it shatters.

Many will be lucky and get away with it. Quite a few haven't been so lucky.
 
I put beef, sweet potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot. Now I'll cut an onion.
 
Had a late lunch while on the road trip today. Well done northern restaurant sandwich with the works. We decided on dessert for supper tonight. Hot fudge sundae.

Good eatin'.
 
Tomorrow's dessert is done and in the fridge.

No, I'm not telling you what it is ahead of time. Like your mom often told you, you're just going to have to wait.
 
Pan fried de-boned chicken thighs, creamed fresh sweet corn, mashed taters and pan gravy. :)
 
Out to eat, again. Pizza tonight. It was a bit different and pretty damned tasty.


1000020470-jpg.2683722
 
Last edited:
It was you going to be pizza. But I’m waiting on my grocery order. Might have potstickers or chicken Parm instead.
 
Greek Lemon Chicken, Lemon and herbed rice, green beans, with dutch apple crumble topped with whipped cream.


20260920_175832.jpg


20260920_175931.jpg

It looks like ice cream on the apple crumble but I assure you, it is only whipped cream and confectioners sugar.
 
DiGiorno is decent for frozen pizza. I especially like their thin crust pepperoni and supreme pizzas.

I don't add my own toppings. The cheese only pizza costs the same and is the same size as the pepperoni/Supreme ones so it's more expensive to put my own toppings on it.

For that price I'll go pick up a Little Caesars.
I like DiGiorno pizza. I’ll sometimes add a little mozzarella cheese to it. It’s easy to make meal.
 
Doesn’t cooking sweet potato in a crock turn your potatoes into mush?
You know what you might like to try is (believe it or not) regular canned whole potatoes, cut them in half for your stew. They cook real nice in a crock, they take on the flavor and they don’t get mushy. That’s if you can eat potatoes. Maybe being pre-diabetic you have to lay off potatoes.
 
Speaking of plates...

What do your general everyday dinner plates look like? Mine are a country pattern you've all seen already. It's the pattern on the plates I use for dessert. I have dinner plates in the same pattern that hit the table for regular use.


20260924_174212.jpg




How about some of you post a pic and show us yours.
 
What? Youse guys never seen waffles before?

Those are cornbread waffles. Great with honey/butter or fruit compote or even plain ol' ordinary maple syrup.
 
Speaking of plates...

What do your general everyday dinner plates look like? Mine are a country pattern you've all seen already. It's the pattern on the plates I use for dessert. I have dinner plates in the same pattern that hit the table for regular use.
I have a mix of handmedown stuff with flowers and junk I mostly don't notice. I bought one set of thrift store plain white plates. Later I thought I could have bought deep blue or something for the same money. Sometimes I use the toaster oven tray as a plate.
 
Back
Top