What's for dinner?

This is the "what's for dinner" thread. Not the "I'm an ignorant asshole and I'm going to prove it to you" thread.
It's Former Poster™ lite.


Does "lite" mean "flaccid?"


Out West here, and it is Wednesday, which means the men will get together and visit and go to supper somewhere. We did BBQ last month. We'll see what comes of this month's choice.
 
We are heading toward the autumn equinox so I need to start thinking pumpkin.

But not this week. This week we're visiting Greece, culinarily speaking.
 
Out West here, and it is Wednesday, which means the men will get together and visit and go to supper somewhere. We did BBQ last month. We'll see what comes of this month's choice.

With our luck you'll be going to the VFW and forget to bring your camera again.
 
With our luck you'll be going to the VFW and forget to bring your camera again.

The best camera I own is on my iFone. Which is in mah hand.


It’ll be one of the restaurants around here. The fun is which one.
 
Pick the one that's fun.

They surprised me. We went some places I have never heard of, a hole in the wall. It was hot AF here yesterday and their a/c wasn't really keeping up, but they had ceiling fans everywhere, on high. It was adequate to our needs. Burgers and onion rings. Their fixings, not some pre-packaged crap, especially the rings. Everything ala carte, but so what. It worked. I'd go back when next I want burgers.
 
Last I was Out West, T and I went to the steak joint and were rewarded with two of the best steaks I have laid eyes on lately. Mine was cooked just right and tasted great. So he suggested we go there for supper again, which will be tonight.


Maybe I'll remember to take a piccie.
 
Last I was Out West, T and I went to the steak joint and were rewarded with two of the best steaks I have laid eyes on lately. Mine was cooked just right and tasted great. So he suggested we go there for supper again, which will be tonight.


Maybe I'll remember to take a piccie.
Eat your heart out Ansel Adams... :rolleyes:
 
Looks like another night of eating out. Where is to be determined.


We can be certain what will not be on the dessert menu:


:nana:


Some people should develop some new triggers….
 
Reheated Digiorno cheese pizza with Parmesan cheese added. I refuse to dignify it with a pic.

On a related note, for those who don't turn their noses up at frozen pizza, do any of you buy plain cheese for the express purpose of adding your own toppings because the other store options are unsuitable?
 
Reheated Digiorno cheese pizza with Parmesan cheese added. I refuse to dignify it with a pic.

On a related note, for those who don't turn their noses up at frozen pizza, do any of you buy plain cheese for the express purpose of adding your own toppings because the other store options are unsuitable?

Frequently, if I buy a pizza out and there are leftovers and I bring them home, I will add a lot of cheese to them the next day when I nuke them for whatever meal. It seems to help a lot, as do salt and pepper.
 
Frequently, if I buy a pizza out and there are leftovers and I bring them home, I will add a lot of cheese to them the next day when I nuke them for whatever meal. It seems to help a lot, as do salt and pepper.
Salt and pepper seem so mundane and yet they do some pretty hefty lifting sometimes. I like grinding peppercorns. I doubt I'd be able to taste the difference between pre-ground pepper but it's satisfying.
 
Reheated Digiorno cheese pizza with Parmesan cheese added. I refuse to dignify it with a pic.

On a related note, for those who don't turn their noses up at frozen pizza, do any of you buy plain cheese for the express purpose of adding your own toppings because the other store options are unsuitable?


DiGiorno is decent for frozen pizza. I especially like their thin crust pepperoni and supreme pizzas.

I don't add my own toppings. The cheese only pizza costs the same and is the same size as the pepperoni/Supreme ones so it's more expensive to put my own toppings on it.

For that price I'll go pick up a Little Caesars.
 
Salt and pepper seem so mundane and yet they do some pretty hefty lifting sometimes. I like grinding peppercorns. I doubt I'd be able to taste the difference between pre-ground pepper but it's satisfying.

You can definitely taste the difference. (Very) coarsely grind some fresh peppercorns and sprinkle them on your next slab of brontosaurus. You'll immediately know the difference between that and the ground black pepper from McCormick and others. Fresh peppercorns taste sweet-ish and have a more intense fruity flavor.

If you don't have a grinder or mortar/pestle, you can crush them with a hammer or rolling pin. I would recommend the hammer because a wooden rolling pin can possibly dent. Put the peppercorns in a plastic baggie but don't beat the snot out of them, hammer them just hard enough to crack them into largish pieces (largish for peppers that is, we're talking grains of sand size or a bit bigger.). If you cook them slowly they'll soften so you don't have to worry about breaking your tooth.

If you're going to try this and aren't sure you'll cook them long enough to soften so you don't fracture your dental implants, put the crushed peppercorns into a crockpot stew and let 'em cook for a couple of hours that way.

You will never go back to McCormick afterwards.
 
Back
Top