What's for dinner?

Speaking of plates...

What do your general everyday dinner plates look like?
They tend to have the consistency and resiliency of stiff cardboard. This month's model is an off-white. I'll reuse them until something wet drops on it or it has absorbed enough grease that I become concerned. I'm not even kidding. It's one less dish to wash and I can afford it. I do have some plain white glass dishes and bowls but they rarely get used.

My meals are not art in any way but taste. Irezumikiss once tried to convince me that food should appeal to the eyes as well as the nose and tongue and I can't deny that's true but it's not necessary to me as long as I like what I'm eating.

Sometimes I use the toaster oven tray as a plate.
I like the way you think.

My dinners lately have been either a weird mix of Cream of Wheat, 2 eggs over easy, a dash or 2 or 3 of parmesan cheese and a splash of fish sauce, or a grilled cheese 'n' spam sandwich. They're quick, cheap, easy and, in my opinion, delicious. I don't imagine they'll be winning any culinary awards any time soon.

For our friends across the pond, black pudding sounds disgusting but I'd try it.
 
I have a mix of handmedown stuff with flowers and junk I mostly don't notice. I bought one set of thrift store plain white plates. Later I thought I could have bought deep blue or something for the same money. Sometimes I use the toaster oven tray as a plate.

The plates I use for Sunday dinner are from the Thrift Store. Nothing wrong with that.

I need to get some 10 oz oval ramekins. It's getting on to fall/winter and I'd like to make some pot pies and using a casserole dish means that some of it dries out in the fridge.

I might consider getting a couple of mini cottes instead of the ramekins but you know I'll need the ramekins anyway. It's inevitable.
 
They tend to have the consistency and resiliency of stiff cardboard. This month's model is an off-white. I'll reuse them until something wet drops on it or it has absorbed enough grease that I become concerned. I'm not even kidding. It's one less dish to wash and I can afford it. I do have some plain white glass dishes and bowls but they rarely get used.

Chinet works for some. It just doesn't work for what I'm trying to do.

My meals are not art in any way but taste. Irezumikiss once tried to convince me that food should appeal to the eyes as well as the nose and tongue and I can't deny that's true but it's not necessary to me as long as I like what I'm eating.

BTDT, got the shitty results from a physical to show for it.
 
Made another 2 dozen ears of sweet corn to freeze while baking some Idaho's. Cut up a whole chicken. Used a 1/2 breast and thigh to make broth for creamy chicken & wild rice soup to take to a friend in congestive heart failure. Brined the rest of the chicken then floured and fried in peanut oil and served with baked taters and sweet corn. :)
 
Roasting some broccoli. Not sure what's going with it.

A friend of mine just suggested frozen burritos as a lifesaving intervention attempt. Apparently he thinks I've gone down the dirt road to Hell with the dinners I've been fixing.

Little does he know...

Welcome to The Hotel Of Eternia,
It's warmer here,
Every time of year.
 
Back
Top