🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 21: A song from the 70s

Patti Smith - Land: Horses/Land of a Thousand Dances/La Mer(de)
It does mention Sweet Pea for a dodgy bonus July point, but it's in relation to a dance (i think)
In case you didn't know this... it came out in 1975. It sounds out of this world now, imagine this at the time of glam rock! Patti in full flight, several songs merging into one masterpiece that (almost) anchored her debut album, Horses.
If you haven't heard it before, you may need to sit down. If you have, you may need to stand up and jump around the room and do the watusi.

Day 21: A song from the 70s (with flowers)

I did Joan Baez yesterday because I knew what 70s song I wanted when it comes to a flower reference. Blood on the Tracks Dylan is my favorite Dylan.

Purple clover, Queen Anne lace,
Crimson hair across your face,
You could make me cry if you don't know.
Can't remember what I was thinkin' of
You might be spoilin' me too much, love,
You're gonna make me lonesome when you go

"You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go." Bob Dylan

Day 22 - A song from the 70’s

This one just made it, release date of Oct 1979

Every time I listen to this, it reminds me of my high school garage band, especially the first verse about setting up in the garage, though we were hemmed in by an AMC Matador. Nothing like that time ever comes around again.

Day 21: A song from the 70s

Feeling a bit... nostalgic? No. Is there a word with a more negative connotation, for looking back?
In honor of this weeks Variations theme, the greatest depressive song ever writ

Pink Floyd - Time

I like the idea of negative nostalgia, but I can't think of an adequate word for it. "Melancholy" fits, but not specifically for looking back, so it is too general. "Regrets" seems to...concrete. "Wistful" is accurate, and I get wistful a lot, but it seems such a light and airy word for a deeper emotional response. A wonderful word--one of my favorites--but it doesn't have the weight for this song. Hmmmm....

This is a song that carves itself in your soul as the years go by.

Back