🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 8: A song you’d put on to clean

The first song that came up when I shuffled my all-purpose playlist. It's nearly time to start cleaning so no reason not to let it all play out.

Fleur East - Like That
Never heard this song before... But it got me moving. Great choice. Thanks for sharing.

The biggest cleaning job is the bathroom here. Think of me in all my sexyness: trashy cleaning clothes, bucket, giant sponge, and some mid-tempo kick drum to keep me going.
Before you know it I'm a hot spent mess that smells of lemon-scented cleaner. Irresistible, no?

Falling hard

Day 9: A song that reminds you of someone

Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel: Make me smile (come up and see me)

This was always on the juke box in our local pub so always reminds me of my friends back then

I have seen a ton of concerts with my brother but none more memorable than Van Halen. David Lee Roth was so wasted he didn't remember the words to most of the songs except for this one...and it was great. I think of my brother and I laughing our asses off every time I hear this song

A old friend who died at a very young age. He was city police who was shot while on duty. I see him dancing to this song with a girl from the Catholic High School.

Am I just Another Dancing Partner

Day 9 - A song that reminds you of someone

This selection is way off of my normal, but I've a high school friend that I think of from time to time, and this was very much his wheel house during the closest parts of our friendship in the mid-to-late 90s. You really haven't heard this song if you haven't cruised the streets of a small city downtown pumping this on a cassette through the fried speakers of a Pontiac Grand Am coupe. You just haven't.

Loverboy, Working for the Weekend (I usually go 80s playlist when doing stuff around the house)

Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me

Day 9 - A song that reminds you of someone
This was my second choice. My first choice seems to be playing everywhere right now, but the loss is too recent and raw still. This one is sad as well, but I love it. Well, to be honest, I love every single song on Melissa Etheridge's eponymous first album. It is one of my few "never skip even one" albums. Pain, loss, some rage, a bit of grit -- beautiful music. And this one? This draws up memories.

"This whole town is haunted
There'll never be anything new..."

"Precious Pain," Melissa Etheridge.

(Sorry, Nebs, maybe next time around there will be enough distance.)

Back