🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day 9 - A song that reminds you of someone

A girl that I dated in HS and college, dumped me and got married to her college bf. I feel like this song was constantly on VH1 the summer we spent together. The other song that was on repeat was ....

Day 10: A song that makes a statement

When we tell them we need to move forward,
all they ask us is "Left or Right!?"
The Colours are at war and our future shifts to Grey.
Though their props are different shades,
the Reds and the Blues are dancing to the same tune.

Kapten Röd - Färgernas Krig (the War of Colours)
The war is not fought between the people in power; it's a front. No, their target is us. The people.
It doesn't matter whoever's in power in Sweden, they're all fucking over the working class.
We used to pride ourselves on our Folkhemmet, the People's Home, our term for a well established social security system, but it's being demolished brick by brick, stone by stone, legislation by legislation.

Day 10: A song that makes a statement

Menace were an early and overlooked punk band. They were making street punk before sham69 and before street punk/Oi! was even a thing.

Obviously never saw the original incarnation, but it did see the reformed group twice in 2013/14 ish! Well worth it - my calves ached for days from all the pogoing.

So Fuck You! It’s Tuesday morning and I don’t wanna go to work.

Menace - Fuck You

Day 9 - A song that reminds you of someone

A girl that I dated in HS and college, dumped me and got married to her college bf. I feel like this song was constantly on VH1 the summer we spent together. The other song that was on repeat was ....

Friendly reminder to only post one song per day/prompt, please

✨One. Song. Per. Day.✨
This is pretty much the only rule, so I’ll ask that you please follow it, or risk public ridicule.

Back