a companion to 30 in 30

Hello all you 30 in 30 poets.

Wow... awesome work.

neo, I have something brewing over your poem about Adam's face. I think I understand your direction, but I need to think some more before I tackle what I believe is a very personal poem.

I hope to join you all soon. My draught must end, sometimes I just need to go to the well and haul a bucketful before it finally rains. The 30 in 30 is my poetic well and the poems are the bucketfulls I must carry.

anyway. :)

2-3 2007 Clever Like a Crow
2-3 2007 Clever Like a Crow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot look at a crow
without imagining that he wears
a slick grin, running lengthwise, inviting.

It's your fault, your totem,
I see everywhere lone
or with another doing crow things.

Topping telephone lines,
streetlights and cawing orders,
drilling bottom
of trashcans for leftovers.

Most would think just a black bird,
an annoying pest. Not me, however,
I see you, oh so clever, wicked
lover, I see you.

I'm a sucker for a crow poem
I liked this one a lot neo
Nice work

champagne1982 said:
Hello all you 30 in 30 poets.

Wow... awesome work.

neo, I have something brewing over your poem about Adam's face. I think I understand your direction, but I need to think some more before I tackle what I believe is a very personal poem.

I hope to join you all soon. My draught must end, sometimes I just need to go to the well and haul a bucketful before it finally rains. The 30 in 30 is my poetic well and the poems are the bucketfulls I must carry.

anyway. :)
Heyya champ - I hope join us too; several poets will keep you company and help with the buckets. On my poem you mentioned in 30/30, you may look at Other Side of Adam for further reflection.

Tathagata said:
I'm a sucker for a crow poem
I liked this one a lot neo
Nice work
Thank you. They're curious birds, I like observing them. They are so intelligent.

neonurotic said:
The trees wear snow evening
gloves. No one
told them, white was out
and that black was in.

Instead, their leaf buds
freeze while the sun is too
slow peeling back clouds,
revealing blue skies.

We wait with frosty breath, wait
for the thaw to strip them down
to nothing but naked limbs.
I remember green
scarves wrapped around pale
faced birch and poplar youths
who never live so long to see
a century pass, they burn
brightly and extinguish young;
the fire exhausted in brief
springs and short summers.

I've punked out on my first attempt of the year. Been so busy with the new brood member and school; it's really very crazy. Once it settles a bit, I'll give 30/30 another try.

neonurotic said:
I've punked out on my first attempt of the year. Been so busy with the new brood member and school; it's really very crazy. Once it settles a bit, I'll give 30/30 another try.

that's what you get for starting that addictive thread in the first place. :D

(. . . it was a stroke of genius, by the way.)

neonurotic said:

sometimes living life is more important than writing about it...

:rose:

enjoy living. :)

neonurotic said:
Damned school, anyway! Doesn't the board of directors there know that exams, theses and lectures impose on breeding, brooding and poetry? << DAMN.. that's almost a poem in itself.

TheRainMan said:
Lunch Hour

You watch dutifully and wait for the house
to empty with the plates, your husband
back to work, the children
outside to their games and hiding
places so you can find your own
and feed. Your time
with yourself will pass quickly,
as it always does. You think perhaps
this dreary day might finally be the day
when you’re not hungry anymore,

I have repeatedly read this Mr. Rain and I find something different every time. Another turn and I spy lil hidden oddities. I love it and so speaks ... the truth ~ Thinking this is one of my fav.'s this year. Your too smart for your own damn good, soooo jealous ~

~just sayin'

:rose: :rose: :rose:

RhymeFairy said:
I have repeatedly read this Mr. Rain and I find something different every time. Another turn and I spy lil hidden oddities. I love it and so speaks ... the truth ~ Thinking this is one of my fav.'s this year. Your too smart for your own damn good, soooo jealous ~

~just sayin'

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Tath =
2-14
two thousand and twelve
crocus bloom,apples wither
perhaps so shall I

12-21-2012 is the end of the Mayan calender and, according to some, a planetary alignment that could mean cataclysmic destruction here on earth, just in case we didn't have enough to worry about

roll on 2012. :cool: it'll be a great light show. :rolleyes: at least that means global warming won't freeze the place over until after 2012.

(you know that cool smiley never looks the way i think cool should look)

ps i hope you don't wither away into nothing! :rose:

wildsweetone said:
Quench

moon beams on unwalkable water.

Excellent line. Great poem too. :nana:

This one is most def. a keeper ~!!

Last edited:
4degrees said:
i almost don't want to post here today, because then its over.
Congratulations Curt! You had a great 30 days and gave us some wonderful poetry. Thanks for that.

It doesn't have to be over, go for another round!

Congratulations Curt. :rose: You've posted some great poetry in the last month. I've enjoyed reading it.

I'm with Carrie on this... if you're enjoying the writing, keep going. It's the journey that's important. :)

thank you both...i am glad that those hm, lessee...60 or so poems it took to complete another attempt at 30 in 30 were not completely loathed or fully ignored by all. i write for me, but i write for you too.

i will probably start another soon.

maybe i will begin something in the digital storage vault.

it is a great thing to be complimented by you two talented poetesses.

:rose: :rose:

4degrees said:
it is a great thing to be complimented by you two talented poetesses.

:rose: :rose:

I originally read that as Potatoesses. Start a new one, your 30/30s are wonderful.

darkerdreamer said:
I originally read that as Potatoesses. Start a new one, your 30/30s are wonderful.

i dare you to write a poem about that... :D

champ, i am trying hard to ignore THAT poem. ;) it drives me nuts how you can just whip those things up. did you think i wouldn't notice it took you LESS THAN AN HOUR???? ;) i'm going to take a serious look at that thing tomorrow morning... (you probably already know i love it.) :D i'm having a bit of a busy weekend. :rose: psst it's nearly 4pm sunday now.

Curt, i'm loving playing around in the digital storage vault. it's so dark and quiet in there, it's the perfect outlet for fiddling. :)

4degrees said:
i almost don't want to post here today, because then its over.
Geez, Curt, I didn't realize you had masochistic tendencies. :cool:

Congratulations. Good run.

darkerdreamer said:

great potatoessess poem. you are versatile, i like that quality very much.

and the fact you dig my stuff, of course i like. :)

Tzara said:
Geez, Curt, I didn't realize you had masochistic tendencies.

Congratulations. Good run.

yes. unfortunatly i do, but they balance out with my sadistic tendancies. thanks tzara.

Back