a companion to 30 in 30

manipulatrix said:
Thanks for the welcome!

Playing with things and recorded audio of today's posting, and would love feedback on the reading.

You have a strikingly beautiful voice for reading poetry — this one was like being caressed by a most delicate lover. I like the way you have taken the reading slowly and carefully, and given just the right inflection and modulation to the phrases. I assume that you've acted at some time in the past, because you know just how to grip your audience. Incredibly well done.

Eluard said:
You have a strikingly beautiful voice for reading poetry — this one was like being caressed by a most delicate lover. I like the way you have taken the reading slowly and carefully, and given just the right inflection and modulation to the phrases. I assume that you've acted at some time in the past, because you know just how to grip your audience. Incredibly well done.

ya got a little brown or something on your nose there buddy...

;)

Tathagata said:
ya got a little brown or something on your nose there buddy...

;)

Damn, Tath!

Guess I won't tell you that I'm enjoying your experiments with voice on the "not sure how many words" thread, even though I am. You're heading in the right direction.

Tzara said:
Determinism

...tear
at his unrepentant liver
every day. Ooh, our poor Titan!
all the colored girls sang.

This appealed to my twisted sense of humour. Would have loved the poem for that line alone but the rest of it was filled with a strong metaphor and sharp imagery. Show off.

Sara Crewe said:
And Bijou was just bloody brilliant.
Yes, she was, wasn't she?

And you and Manipulatrixie and Curt are up next. Oh, and TRM. I'll post his here, for him, so he can just cut 'n paste it:
. . . wrong thread. :eek:
Where'd Amanda Mc go? I really liked her first poem.

She definitely was.

Yeah, about me...tonight might be the night I bow out. This is my first chance to be at my computer all day and I am very tired. The clock is ticking and I need sleep. Not a good combo for creativity.

Only midnight will tell...

unpredictablebijou said:
I'm really messin' with y'all, posting in the middle of the night, aren't I?

muhahaha

Crap. Were you brilliant yesterday? I am so confused. I am not mentioning days any more.

You're all fucking brilliant all the time.

There.

Sara Crewe said:
She definitely was.

Yeah, about me...tonight might be the night I bow out. This is my first chance to be at my computer all day and I am very tired. The clock is ticking and I need sleep. Not a good combo for creativity.

Only midnight will tell...
I am fatiguèd myself, and out of town tomorrow, so I am dicey as well. BJ said she was gone over Labor Day weekend, as am I. (Sorry, I meant Labour Day. What was I thinking?) I was hoping to stumble to halfway and quit, but whatever.

Perhaps Eluard can step up and do six of his five in five thingies in a row as substitute. ;)

Perhaps TRM can find 30 smilies and keep his "wrong" theme going. I like that one.

Tzara said:
I am fatiguèd myself, and out of town tomorrow, so I am dicey as well. BJ said she was gone over Labor Day weekend, as am I. (Sorry, I meant Labour Day. What was I thinking?) I was hoping to stumble to halfway and quit, but whatever.

Perhaps Eluard can step up and do six of his five in five thingies in a row as substitute. ;)

Perhaps TRM can find 30 smilies and keep his "wrong" theme going. I like that one.

I am tired but addicted. I started knowing I would never finish this run and told myself I had permission to quit whenever I wanted. This, of course, has resulted in a refusal to quit.

I am contrary. Can't even listen to myself.

Y'all have done my heart good tonight. I really struggled with that last couple. Really didn't think I was going to find anything worthwhile.

But there's always a pony in that barn. Keepin' the faith.

Sleep deep, you poets, and dream of feasts and reunions.

bj

Sara Crewe said:
I am tired but addicted. I started knowing I would never finish this run and told myself I had permission to quit whenever I wanted. This, of course, has resulted in a refusal to quit.

I am contrary. Can't even listen to myself.

why don't you send yourself a smiley face?

:cool:

:D
:heart: :rose: :kiss:

unpredictablebijou said:
Damn, Tath!

Guess I won't tell you that I'm enjoying your experiments with voice on the "not sure how many words" thread, even though I am. You're heading in the right direction.

well everyone here has multiple personalities
one of mine just happens to be an old blues guy
although sometimes he speaks in Jamaican patois

I gotta find a cool blues name for him too

i was going to work on that and maybe submit it as an audio...with a little guitar in the background as he talks...

Last edited:
Tathagata said:
well everyone here has multiple personalities
one of mine just happens to be an old blues guy
although sometimes he speaks in Jamaican patois

I gotta find a cool blues name for him too

i was going to work on that and maybe submit it as an audio...with a little guitar in the background as he talks...

You need a blues name? You can get one here.

~Flat Foot Floozie Mrs. Lester Young

Hey 4,

the image of wanting to explode just to be sure that your shrapnel is imbedded in someone is completely rockin'. I can completely go there. Well done.

bijou

So, it's been building but tonight will be my night sans poèmes.

Before we head into the Fall, I wanted to say what a positive experience writing on the 30/30 thread this summer has been and to offer my thanks to all the poets with whom I have shared that thread.

Work begins again very soon and unless my whole life dynamic changes that means the end of writing for Sara until my next holiday. (A brief explanation to ensure that in my soon-to-be absence no one assumes I have killed Sara Crewe.)

I am always just a pm or email away. Don't be strangers.

Write on.

S.

Back