a companion to 30 in 30

Remec your 2-16 is beautiful. Maybe it resonated with me cause it's snowing here, too. :)

Remec your 2-16 is beautiful. Maybe it resonated with me cause it's snowing here, too. :)

:)
I'm glad you liked it, although there's merely the threat of snow here, so far. It's supposed to begin raining shortly and change to snow as the temp drops throughout the rest of the evening. Potential for 1-6 inches throughout the region (depending on where you are, naturally) according to the radio station as i was driving home from work this morning.

:cool:

A perfect marriage of the fantastic and the concrete.
:rose:

Thank you darling. I hope you don't mind that I moved you here to the 30/30 lounge. I feel like I should offer you a drink and a bowl of peanuts. :D

You should try this form if you haven't already: it is big fun! It fits (brilliantly imho) with American voice and idiom. That darn Ginzy was a genius. I've been reading a lot of his lectures and stuff here. There are a bunch of American Sentences scattered over the site, many just leave-you-breathless good.

:kiss:

Remec your poem today is so timely and lyrical, really beautiful dreamy writing. That shadow poetry page is great, huh? :)

Remec your poem today is so timely and lyrical, really beautiful dreamy writing. That shadow poetry page is great, huh? :)

I've been getting into it. ;) I may have to make my own variation on some of them, though. I mean, how many different types of poems with four-plus stanzas of umpteen lines do we really need? hehehe I may revisit some of the ones I passed over and truncate them into a version with only one or two stanzas.

I need more practice on my foot-work, anyway. :D

I've been getting into it. ;) I may have to make my own variation on some of them, though. I mean, how many different types of poems with four-plus stanzas of umpteen lines do we really need? hehehe I may revisit some of the ones I passed over and truncate them into a version with only one or two stanzas.

I need more practice on my foot-work, anyway. :D

I like your American Sentences, too. You have been really in the zone with your writing of late, I've thought. Maybe it is the access to new forms and approaches.

We all need more practice. :D That's one reason I so like writing those sentences. They are short poems, like SJ discussed, too. It's good to just focus on one line at a time--micro focus.

I hope you don't mind that this expression made me laugh out loud.

Something his exasperated mother might say after discovering dirty socks under the bed.

:D

Maybe it should be a tv sitcom: That Darn Ginzy or Leave It to Ginzy or mebbe Ginzy Knows Best. Well maybe not that last one... :D

Poem?
no
good,
was
this
idea

25.jpg

Congratulations, UnderYourSpell! :)

I wanted to go out with a flourish and you may rest assured that no more Sestinas will be on my horizon for a while, but I await Tsotha's attempt with relish :)

Mmm... I was going to try a Tritina, actually, since it is a "poetry form similar to the Sestina, but considerably simpler". Simple sounds about right for my skill level. ;)

I've been reading about metres to try to get a hang of it. I think I heard about those at school. Maybe. (Shows you just how much I know about this poetry thing...) :eek:

Picking up where I left off, the lovely Tristesse is up to bat. Several attempts to finish made for lots to choose from!

I love what she does in terms of portraying people by giving them just enough voice to take life. Some of her poems have a very dreamy, sepia feeling to them that I also love - eg. the two train pieces below.

1-4
Nothing but Nonsense
Hilarious. Just love it.

1-5
The Romance of the Steam Train
Nostalgic, dreamy, feels like a scene from a movie.
You should do a train series, and add this other favorite of mine:
3/14 Ten-Twenty to Victoria

3 -8 New Year Revelations
Feels a bit drunk, a bit in-your-face and a bit like a resolution.

3-11 Gone This one I found very touching and lovely.

Butters ... some favorites from 30/30

1-13
Carols, Cathedrals
This made me think of a child in the womb. I know, sounds strange. But I liked it. I

1-14
http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=52200967&postcount=123
Powerful. Does feel that way sometimes, doesn't it?

you have credit on your phone, booze and weed ... still you keep on calling
Something I think many can relate to and is not often expressed. I think the concept is very good, and I like it as it is..but I also think it could be stronger with a bit of reworking. I'd like to see this one posted.

1-26 Short, to the point...and wry.

pyrenean dreaming
Very unusual, feels like jumping into the mind of an animal. This is probably my favorite.

Welcome back Desejo. Good to see you posting and congrats on learning the link thing. It took me about two years to figure out how to quote a post so I think you're ahead of the game. :D

Firstly welcome back, Desejo, and thank you. This thread gives us the chance to discover poems we missed or revisit ones from the original thread.

*hands annie and remec their space blankets and a stiff one. *

drink, annie. Stiff drink! :eek:

well done, both. :cool:

Angeline said:
Congrats on the 30 Remec.

Jolly well done Remec super job :)

'Grats, Remec!

*hands annie and remec their space blankets and a stiff one. *

drink, annie. Stiff drink! :eek:

well done, both. :cool:

Thank you, thank you...an especially large thank you to whomever introduced us all to American sentences, there were more than a couple of my busy days when I'm not sure I might have squeezed in anything without that format (I suppose I could have made faux haiku and tanka, but A.S. fit the bill nicely.)

I think I shall try and get some actual stories together through the rest of Feb and maybe do 30 again in March. We'll see what sparks between now and then.

Back