A new challenge

I'm an Aries, but, seeing Jim beat me to it, I'll have Virgo. Because, well, I've been having one for almost two years. ;)

Lauren Hynde said:
I'm an Aries, but, seeing Jim beat me to it, I'll have Virgo. Because, well, I've been having one for almost two years. ;)

That's great Lauren. I'll add you right now. BTW that AV makes me think of the Avian 'flu that's in the news. One of the symptoms is conjunctivitis. :cool:

If Eve is serious about the goat all we need now is someone to grab the Scorpion and we can get going.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cast is dyed.........

damn how did I miss this?

I have been a water baby all my life wah

hmmm let me know when you do the chinese years

I am almost as much of a monkey as I am a water bearer....

what a bad combination

cant wait to see where this goes....

annaswirls said:
damn how did I miss this?

I have been a water baby all my life wah

hmmm let me know when you do the chinese years

I am almost as much of a monkey as I am a water bearer....

what a bad combination

cant wait to see where this goes....

Could you handle Scorpio? :D

okay what is my problem cryin my silly sad tears

I will be the scorpio

okay
what are we doing exactly

whichaaa

what sound does a scorpio make anyway when it snaps that tail

wheeeechaaa!

hmm

gotta think hot and dry

water monkey stretches her mind....

annaswirls said:
hmmm Tess, was that you posting that hung up my computer tryin to post lol

I thought it was you hanging me up. :p Scorpio for Anna.

As long as you include your chosen sign in the title anything goes.

The date for posting is Friday March 5th. in this thread.

The assembled poems will then be posted as a group under the authorship of The Poets.

Behold! The Zodiac Ensemble.

Aries ~ jthserra

Taurus ~ Catbabe

Gemini ~ Angeline

Cancer ~ HomerPindar

Leo ~ echoes

Virgo ~ Lauren Hynde

Libra ~ Cordelia

Scorpio ~ annaswirls

Sagittarius ~ Tristesse

Capricorn ~ Wicked Eve

Aquarius ~ Liar

Pisces ~ Linbido

So, is this a regular challenge type thingy, to post as usual, or should we post the poems in this thread and submit them all together under The Poets?

Lauren Hynde said:
So, is this a regular challenge type thingy, to post as usual, or should we post the poems in this thread and submit them all together under The Poets?

Ah! Good point. Lauren. Here and then post as a group when we're complete. I'll go edit the rules post.

Goody. And my conjunctivitis should be under control very shortly. Thanks for caring. :rose:

The film festival ends in less than a week. ;)

I'm still trying to figure out a) how Lin is on the cusp of Gemini and Pisces and B) Lauren gets to be a virgin.....but maybe it doesn't matter...

:)

Actually, Ang, I think Lauren said she was HAVING one for two years....

which must be doing hell for the virgin population in Portugal. Course, she didn't say how often...

(I probably should go back to lurking at this point, just to be safe :D)

HomerPindar

On a more serious note, should we post our work here as we go? Do we want to edit it so that it flows together, or are we going to be happy with whatever transitions the changing signs deliver us? And do you want fries with that? (sorry, practice for my post graduate years)

HomerPindar

Angeline said:
I'm still trying to figure out a) how Lin is on the cusp of Gemini and Pisces and B) Lauren gets to be a virgin.....but maybe it doesn't matter...

:)
a) She's a gemini, I'm a pisces, our geminis will be pisces. Got it?

b) She's having one. And she didn't bring enough for the rest of the class. Bad Lauren.

HomerPindar said:
On a more serious note, should we post our work here as we go? Do we want to edit it so that it flows together, or are we going to be happy with whatever transitions the changing signs deliver us? And do you want fries with that? (sorry, practice for my post graduate years)

HomerPindar

Homer - we'll post in this thread and then - en masse - in New Poems. I will have to look to the wise ones (see list of The Poets) for guidance in how that's done being a mere Poet Wannabe.

The date for posting in here is March 5th..

:rose:

Damn. Missed the Zodiacally thing. Oh well, when we get to the Tarot, I am Set! :D

I think the idea, and correct me if I'm wrong, Tess, is to have a collection of individual poems, without any concern of how well they 'flow' together, as in 1 Image 7 Voices.

The poems should be posted here, in this thread, on the 5th, and not before, and then I will submit them together as The Poets.

If anyone wants or needs to workshop the poem, you can post it before the deadline and ask for feedback or help, of course. :)

And Tess, we'll need a title for the collection, and it is your idea, so... start thinking about that. ;)

Last edited:
Lauren Hynde said:
I think the idea, and correct me if I'm wrong, Tess, is to have a collection of individual poems, without any concern of how well they 'flow' together, as in 1 Image 7 Voices.

The should be posted here in this thread on the 5th, and not before, and then I will submit them together as The Poets.

If anyone wants or needs to workshop the poem, you can post it before the deadline and ask for feedback or help, of course. :)

And Tess, we'll need a title for the collection, and it is your idea, so... start thinking about that. ;)

That was my idea, Lauren, yes. Just individual takes on each sign.

I'd like to know how The Poets worked on the efforts that are not several individual poems but one collaborate effort. PMs?

I will press my fist to me forehead and think of a title. :cool:

Tristesse said:
I'd like to know how The Poets worked on the efforts that are not several individual poems but one collaborate effort. PMs?
Usually, one stanza per poet, and after it's done there is a small workshop period to make sure the poem flows well as seamlessly as possible. The person who posted the first stanza, the one who originated it all, has the final editorial word.

Go browse The Poets' Collaboration Thread for a bit and you'll see. :)

Yes, T, I'm serious about the goat! lol
Shouldn't I stick this? I think I should. I'm trembling with excitement. :)

A sticky? I'm stunned! Why? Not that I'm not thrilled or anything..... :)

zodiacwh1.jpg

Back