A new challenge

echoes_s said:
OMG Anna! lol, you got me roaring like a bloody lioness now!

ok Tristesse...but if I screw up Leo or the poem, I tried to warned you, I am worried here, I saw the ratings on the other poems and the poems themselves

is it to be a whole poem or one stanza please?

*rushes back to remove [for rent] sign.*

I'm really glad, echoes. It should be a full poem. Each writer will present a full poem.

Sorries Tristesse, you should really make a sign up saying space for rent and stitch it to the back of my head instead.
You can call me names :p

YES I am staying, just keep the sign posted on the back of my head, it will explain so much to everyone :p

That was uncalled for - I retract it.

Last edited by a moderator:
echoes_s said:
YES I am staying, just keep the sign posted on the back of my head, it will explain so much to everyone :p

My dear friend I just write, and I mostly don't have a clue what I'm doing until it's done. And if I *do* think I have a clue when I start, I quickly lose my confidence as the poem careens in another direction, lol. And I'm flummoxed about what to write for this challenge--what the "hook" for my poem should be, so it could me mine that looks lousy compared to others.

I know you think I'm just being nice and I am, but I'm also being honest. You're good for heaven's sake, :)

Don't worry. And this is a challenge to stimulate imagination and allow the writer to create. It's not a contest to see who writes the *best* poem. The day I start thinking about this forum in those terms is the day I don't want to be here anymore.

:rose:

Angeline said:
My dear friend I just write, and I mostly don't have a clue what I'm doing until it's done. And if I *do* think I have a clue when I start, I quickly lose my confidence as the poem careens in another direction, lol. And I'm flummoxed about what to write for this challenge--what the "hook" for my poem should be, so it could me mine that looks lousy compared to others.

I know you think I'm just being nice and I am, but I'm also being honest. You're good for heaven's sake, :)

Don't worry. And this is a challenge to stimulate imagination and allow the writer to create. It's not a contest to see who writes the *best* poem. The day I start thinking about this forum in those terms is the day I don't want to be here anymore.

:rose:

exactamundo.

let it fly.

(catbabe) stomps my cloven hoof.

:D

eagleyez said:
exactamundo.

let it fly.

(catbabe) stomps my cloven hoof.

You have a hoof? And it's cloven? Just the one? And one does need to watch out for *Cat*--especially if one has hooves. Hoof? :D

<Don't worry if you don't understand, lol. She will.> :kiss:

Ange, it wasn't who would write the best, but more afraid of a stuttering mess compared to your flowing cascades, Eve's indepth views, Jim's smooth illiterations and so on....that Homerpindar, Lauren, and Cordelia leave me trembling and in awe, Anna is so natural and makes poetry like breathing (I could give each and every reason to all names up there)...that is why I stumbled.
Plus I have no idea what or how to write because my pen has run away and refuses to come home UNLESS it decides to right now, and somebody hid all my keyboard keys so I just have these little spongy holes (I really meant holes...oops) to push and guess at. :D
I know it will be ok, thanks for the push :heart:

goodness, how can you not have confidence with your writing!?!?

Last edited:
Angeline said:
You have a hoof? And it's cloven? Just the one? And one does need to watch out for *Cat*--especially if one has hooves. Hoof? :D

bull staring down a twin

look.:heart:

echoes_s said:
Ange, it wasn't who would write the best, but more afraid of a stuttering mess compared to your flowing cascades, Eve's indepth views, Jim's smooth illiterations and so on....that Homerpindar, Lauren, and Cordelia leave me trembling and in awe, Anna is so natural and makes poetry like breathing (I could give each and every reason to all names up there)...that is why I stumbled.
Plus I have no idea what or how to write because my pen has run away and refuses to come home UNLESS it decides to right now, and somebody hid all my keyboard keys so I just have these little spongy hoes to push and guess at. :D

I've yet to meet a confident writer,lol. Have you? :rose:

echoes_s said:

I'm flattered, not only to keep such company in your eyes, but to have such an effect on someone is quite the compliment.

Mind you, I usually have to resort to paying people to be in awe (can't afford awe AND trembling as I am poor). Thanks.

HomerPindar

HomerPindar said:
I'm flattered, not only to keep such company in your eyes, but to have such an effect on someone is quite the compliment.

Mind you, I usually have to resort to paying people to be in awe (can't afford awe AND trembling as I am poor). Thanks.

HomerPindar

your check is late. :p

<ok, I love your poetry without the check. don't tell anybody.>

echoes_s said:
Plus I have no idea what or how to write because my pen has run away and refuses to come home UNLESS it decides to right now, and somebody hid all my keyboard keys so I just have these little spongy holes (I really meant holes...oops) to push and guess at. :D

Holy cow! SOmeone has confidence in writing?! I feel my poems are like my kids. (No, not bickering and whiny). And I find it hard to know if they are ready to go out in the world.

ANd being put in the same sentence as Homer and Lauren... Wow.

(Hey... Homer and Lauren? How does a threesome sound? <wicked grin>)

Thanks for your confidence in my writing. Goodness knows I don't have any.

Cordelia

echoes_s said:
You're kidding, right? :)

Someone who write poems like these, with a language that in terms of musical intonation exceeds anything I've read here by anyone, have no reason to feel diminished in any comapny. You rock. So write.

#L

Angeline said:

Quit trying to make me sound insane, Ange. I do fine on my own.:p ;) Besides, I was the innocent bystander...it was you who unleashed the hooves...(or at least that's how it went in my version):devil:

Okay, back to stomping hooves on behalf of ee, myself and other bulls across the world...*insert dramatic sigh*;)

Liar said:
You're kidding, right? :)

Someone who write poems like these, with a language that in terms of musical intonation exceeds anything I've read here by anyone, have no reason to feel diminished in any comapny. You rock. So write.

#L

uhmm, wow Liar, thank you!
I just don't understand why I don't feel or see this? Like I am missing something or it could be so much better.
I read everyone else's and say wow, I wish I could speak so fluently or eloquently, or with such strength and power within words or passion exploding an imploding with force...and I say, where are my feelings, flare of imagination, evoking such stirrings...always just beyond my span.
Is this how everyone thinks or feels?

Angeline said:
your check is late. :p

<ok, I love your poetry without the check. don't tell anybody.>

Hey, look, I can either afford to make you folks dinner this sunday or pay you to come over and eat the dinner, but not both! :D

:p
HomerPindar

Cordelia said:

(Hey... Homer and Lauren? How does a threesome sound? <wicked grin>)

Cordelia

Woops, Dinner is OFF!

WOOHOO!

Oh, um, yeah, sure, I'm in...yeah, that be cool.

HomerPindar

LOL! shall we dare try and direct Tristesse or just sit quietly learning? :devil:
Would this be something like Twister? :p

Careful you two... last time I visited Homer....he stuck me in the closet:p ;)

Back