AH Fantasies: An AH chain story

5'5"
Long (Below shoulder blades), red, naturally curly hair... (Box says 'Molten Lava' ;) If I didn't color, my hair would be medium brown with lots of grey, including a 2" streak down the top of my head. Think skunk streak. I've had the streak since I was 18.) Oh, and there is absolutely no way to tell what my natural color is without my telling you. :devil: :p
Hazel eyes, with a tendency toward green.
I won't discuss weight. :D Let's just say I'm pleasantly plump. (My pic was used for my poem 'Who Am I?')

As to writing... I'm hoping to have some time soon, but I won't commit to anything just yet. I have two things to finish first, and it will be after Christmas before I can get to it.

I start work tomorrow! :nana:
My car died over the weekend. :(
I bought a 'new' one last night. :nana: (2001 Kia Optima)

sweetsubsarahh said:
I'd love to be a part of this. I have no time for writing at present, maybe in a week or so?

I'm 5' 7", blue eyes, reddish-brown hair, rounded hips . . .

:cathappy:

If you can start writing within a week or so, then it won't be a problem. It will likely be 2 weeks at least before the first story will be submitted and then each one after due a week apart. Should I add you to the writing list?

Okay, I need all writers to weigh in on this. We've got such a long list of participants, what is the most fair way to make sure everyone gets used fairly? (as in not having the same people in a bunch of stories and then others only once or not at all.)

Should there be a limit as to how many times someone should be used?
Should everyone have to be used once before allowing multiple uses?

And by used I mean as a fairly main character, not background.

Or do y'all think we should just let everyone use whoever with no limits and hope that no one gets left out?

We should come up with some limitations.

Otherwise you're going to end up in every story, Crim. ;)

I liked the three uses idea, now if those three uses get taken and someone else wants to use that character again, maybe then we should wait for all volunteer Characters to be used before going round again. I know this means some people may end up getting used 3, 4,5 or more timesand some may only get one or two -but I honestly don't think you can make it fairer than that as people will not write whole heartedly about a character they've been made to pick.

that's my opinion anyways.

English Lady said:
I liked the three uses idea, now if those three uses get taken and someone else wants to use that character again, maybe then we should wait for all volunteer Characters to be used before going round again. I know this means some people may end up getting used 3, 4,5 or more timesand some may only get one or two -but I honestly don't think you can make it fairer than that as people will not write whole heartedly about a character they've been made to pick.

that's my opinion anyways.

The biggest issue I see is this: We've only got 11 writers, but we have 28 people in the "to be used" list. Some authors may only use one or two people in their stories. If we put the limit at 3... that could still leave some not being used at all. It just depends. If the people who volunteered won't get upset if they don't get used, then it's no big deal.

Just trying to see all sides, because I do see the problem with possibly not being able to write about who you want to. I also see where someone might feel left out if 3 or 4 people are used the full limit of three times and they don't get used at all. (Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, it would bother me if that happened to me.) It would help if we had more writers, but I think at this point, we've probably got all we're going to get.

No hard feelings if no one "uses" me... honest. I'm ok either way...

I'm considering writing... *considering*!! Put me at the end of the writing list, Crim... the very very end... with a question mark after my name... :eek:

SelenaKittyn said:
No hard feelings if no one "uses" me... honest. I'm ok either way...

I'm considering writing... *considering*!! Put me at the end of the writing list, Crim... the very very end... with a question mark after my name... :eek:

Done :)

I'm not writing, but I do want to weigh in. When the thumb stories were being written, there was also a list of volunteers to be "used" and it was really just kind of a cast of characters to draw from. There was no obligation or nothing saying that by volunteering you'd definitely be featured in the story. I think the same thing goes here- just saying that you're willing to be a character doesn't mean that you'll definitely be one, and I think/hope that we are mature enough to not take it personally if no one writes about us. So putting limits on who can be used how many times is really going to suck for the people later in the chain who only have a limited number of people to pick from. Just my 2 cents.

i have no problem not being used or being used as a secondary/minor character.
if it is an option would prefer not to be a main character

CrimsonMaiden said:
The biggest issue I see is this: We've only got 11 writers, but we have 28 people in the "to be used" list. Some authors may only use one or two people in their stories. If we put the limit at 3... that could still leave some not being used at all. It just depends. If the people who volunteered won't get upset if they don't get used, then it's no big deal.

Just trying to see all sides, because I do see the problem with possibly not being able to write about who you want to. I also see where someone might feel left out if 3 or 4 people are used the full limit of three times and they don't get used at all. (Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, it would bother me if that happened to me.) It would help if we had more writers, but I think at this point, we've probably got all we're going to get.

Well, maybe we need to get all volunteers to say if they are bothered if they're use or not -so least that gives the authors a tip of?

I don't mind not being used, I can live with that :)

If you really need to use a name....I know The Darkness doesn't quite flow well in a story....Either Dark or hell, even Kevin is fine.

CrimsonMaiden said:
If the people who volunteered won't get upset if they don't get used, then it's no big deal.

I'd love to be used but if not no biggie...it is sure to be a fun read regardless :nana:

As for a name...hmmm...**scratches chin**...sticking with my Lit handle it could be shortened to Kit...other than that I'm open to suggestion :cathappy:

Nosferatuness said:
I might be interested in this. Do chapters flow onto each other? Are they related?

Each chapter is stand alone. The central theme is just that they star "personas" from the AH.

CrimsonMaiden said:
Each chapter is stand alone. The central theme is just that they star "personas" from the AH.
Very appealing. I'll think about it. I don't see my object of affection on the list :confused:

Nosferatuness said:
Very appealing. I'll think about it. I don't see my object of affection on the list :confused:

Direct them to the thread and get them to agree to be used then *grins*

Back