Ambition

Daisy May said:
I pm'd with a few other poets a while back after they left this forum. It was shortly after the Senna thread. They said the same exact thing about Lauren deleting comments after feeling attacked by her. And I don't buy into the bullshit about mods only being able move comments.
Oh, that's just perfect. More easily dismissable accusations, backed up on imaginary messages from people who aren't here to confirm or deny anything. MET will love you to bits. :rolleyes:

And I don't buy into the bullshit about even one of your comments, particularly nice constructive criticisms, if there were any, ever being removed.

Pat is right. Surely it is safe to assume that anyone who is intelligent and impartial already knows where this sort of thing comes from and what credibility it has.

Daisy May said:
And I don't buy into the bullshit about mods only being able move comments.
We cannot permanently delete a post. We can move a post to another thread. We can edit a post, though only if it's to edit out something like a link that shouldn't be there. Or we can move it off the poetry board and to another board, if that's were the post belongs, or to the mod queue, which is a forum hidden from non-mod users.
And what I just typed out is not bullshit. :) Since your post is gone, why don't you simply refart on another thread.

Lauren Hynde said:
Oh, that's just perfect. More easily dismissable accusations, backed up on imaginary messages from people who aren't here to confirm or deny anything. MET will love you to bits. :rolleyes:

And I don't buy into the bullshit about even one of your comments, particularly nice constructive criticisms, if there were any, ever being removed.

Pat is right. Surely it is safe to assume that anyone who is intelligent and impartial already knows where this sort of thing comes from and what credibility it has.

I see you're still avoiding the question. No problem, Lauren.

There is another mod on another forum who announced recently quite differently than what you're saying. I'll have to find it and when I do, I'll post it for you, whether you like it or not.

And Eve, I believe I just farted. You can take that any way you like. :)

Daisy May said:
And I've asked Lauren a few times in this thread what her beef is with me but she has yet to say.
Is there beef? I've yet to see that she de facto has that much of a beef against you, except for the annoyance from being asked "what's your beef with me"?

See, that's my problem with this. As well as with many other things here. People go trigger happy on their hunches, treat them as cold, hard facts. When, in fact, they don't know. What other possibilities have you explored except that someone for no good reason at all would treat you with presicion malice? (And what you you call that, if not a woe-is-me attitude?)

Oh, and about forum moderators being or not being abole to delete posts... I've run a bulletin board on this software. The default setting for moderators (such as LH and WE, as opposed to adminstarors like Laurel and Manu) is to be able to move and edit. Those settings can be edited, bit it's a PITA for the admin to do.

Sarcasm? You tell me.

Last edited:
Daisy May said:
I see you're still avoiding the question. No problem, Lauren.

There is another mod on another forum who announced recently quite differently than what you're saying. I'll have to find it and when I do, I'll post it for you, whether you like it or not.
I'm sure everyone will be waiting with bated breath.

Tristesse2 said:
Is this a case of farting in the wind?

:)
No, but an ambition to. :cool:

(hey, we have to get back on topic somehow.)

Early on, before I knew what I was doing or, more properly, when I knew even less about what I was doing than I do now, I had some posts get "deleted". I was quite puzzled by that and wondered what I was doing wrong.

However, once I learned more about how the board operates, all of my "missing" posts could be accounted for as described by Lauren and Eve above. Specifically:
  • The post was off-topic for the thread and was moved elsewhere. I have verified this several times.
  • The post contained a link to an external commercial site and was moved, probably to the moderator's queue, for that reason. Example: I linked to a page containing an image of a lithograph I was referring to. The link was to a site selling the print.
  • I didn't actually make the post I thought I did. I do this occasionally by thinking I posted and then backing up or going elsewhere and the post is never committed.
In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, Eve and Lauren do a remarkable job in what I can only imagine is a thankless task. I have seen them exhibit great tolerance for differing views and even endure personal insults directed at one or both of them.

I'm glad it is them doing the job and not me. I wouldn't have the ego-strength for it.
Daisy May said:
And I don't buy into the bullshit about mods only being able to move comments.
I find this a very strange comment. Why would they lie about something that could be verified so easily? That would be stupid, and whatever you might think of Eve and Lauren, surely you don't consider them stupid, do you?

People around here tend to be paranoid. Hence the ongoing conspiracy theory that evil people are making "ill comments" on poetry and giving low votes, apparently just to trash on the pure and delicate souls of poets. I certainly don't want to crush any delicate poet souls. Perhaps we should have a sign-up sheet for those who only want a lovey dovey (sorry, I mean "supportive and encouraging") comment and a 5 vote.

:rolleyes:

Note to mods: Feel free to delete this post. Go on. I dare you. :)

WickedEve said:
Lauren and I can only move posts, not delete. That's something that only Laurel and Manu can do

sorry to interrupt...
? why would the powers that be delete posts or even move them?

currious... thx.

HotKittySpank said:
sorry to interrupt...

currious... thx.
I doubt that Laurel (owner of literotica) deletes many posts, if any at all. Mods can't permanently delete a post.
Some posts have to be moved off the main forums if they are, for example, spam. If someone comes to the poetry board with a personal ad, then that post is moved to the literotica personals forum--another example.

HotKittySpank said:
sorry to interrupt...

currious... thx.
I've seen threads dissapeear from unmoderated forums like the AH and GB, (so we know that it was The Real Mega Laurel/Manu Powers that tossed them :cool: ). It was obvious spam or personal information about other members.

I liked this one...

The Ambitious...

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

My Erotic Trail said:
I suppose the key here would be the belief in angels and demons
or is that good and evil?

some one does something and believes their doing it for good may be a bad thing to others but that does not make it evil, evil is doing something knowing it is bad.
<NEW DEF. Critic, a person who does not rave about the select group of heart writers that congeal around the holy tell-tale-trail

Do you know popping out of your hiddy holes every four weeks, and trying to link "critics" with the lowest form of comments is evil.

Bad, bad, bad so is being a hypocrite.

Did Decayed Angel ever get his public apology

My Erotic Trail said:
a tiger is not ambitious about its kill
it is simply a means to survive

an asshole is not ambitious to fart
it is simply a means to relieve pressure
<zmmpfft

MyNecroticSnail said:
an asshole is not ambitious to fart
it is simply a means to relieve pressure
<zmmpfft

perhaps you should set your sites a tad bit higher than having these anal ambitions. 'shit' 'asshole' 'brown nose' and my favorite 'kiss my ass' <bigrin as usual, your posts smell bad (~_~)

My Erotic Trail said:
perhaps you should set your sites a tad bit higher than having these anal ambitions. 'shit' 'asshole' 'brown nose' and my favorite 'kiss my ass' <bigrin as usual, your posts smell bad (~_~)
Oh kiss my ass, that's a new one :rolleyes:
to shot a rat you have to aim low, but in your case I'm just holding up a mirror,
scary ain't it?

Did Decayed Angel ever get his public apology?

no
That is my ambition, to hold you accountable, it seems like you or your crowd can say anything, do anything you want, guess what, think again. Practice what you preach, you and your load of hypocrites. :D

fun facts

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
A cat has 32 muscles in each ear
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
There are two words in the English language that have all five
.......vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange,
........silver, or purple...( I will have to do something with this one )<grin

My Erotic Trail said:
A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
A cat has 32 muscles in each ear
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail can sleep for three years.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
There are two words in the English language that have all five
.......vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange,
........silver, or purple...( I will have to do something with this one )<grin

and my erotic trail are the scariest words armadillos ever heard

Did Decayed Angel ever get his public apology?

latest one in a long list of falsehood travails

another fun fact: Tell-tale-trail is physically incapable of ever admitting he is wrong and apologizing
a muscle spasm will pull both ends of his spine so they meet, if it hasn't done so already. Its what is known as the "asshole effect", easily observed in empty space.

Back