Ambition

WickedEve said:
sigh... what am I missing? Someone wasn't upset with those comments? They aren't constructive? What?

well, I am curious now, how was the second comment constructive.
and yes, it was used as an example... that some one did not like those comments, you'll have to ask jim, who!

you know, I now have two of my girls in VA. One, just out of the army went into nursing while the other went there to be close to her sister and is now a new mother, yes, that makes me a young... grand pa <grin

AMBITION
When I was a boy, there was but one permanent ambition among my comrades in our village on the west bank of the Mississippi River. That was, to be a steamboatman. We had transient ambitions of other sorts, but they were only transient. When a circus came and went, it left us all burning to become clowns; the first negro minstrel show that came to our section left us all suffering to try that kind of life; now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. These ambitions faded out, each in its turn; but the ambition to be a steamboatman always remained.

- Life on the Mississippi, Mark Twain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Angel
Art:

Did I say you voted a one on my Haiku articles?

Originally Posted by My Erotic Trail
I am sorry, did I miss read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Angel
......As for stories, immediately after Elizabetht made the claim I shit on people's poems because of a comment that the person I commented on thanked me graciously, I began pulling some interesting votes... a story with 18 5s suddenly got several ones, two new articles I had posted about haiku got immediate ones. It was obvious to me where this was coming from. I pissed some people off (actually I pissed Elizabetht, Joseki Ko and you off) because I didn't mention their work in my poetry reviews... plain and simple.

My goodness, an apology. And where in the above comment did I say you gave me the one vote.

My Erotic Trail said:
and yes, it was used as an example... that some one did not like those comments, you'll have to ask jim, who!

Who said someone didn't like those comments? I indicated they were two of the harshest comment I have made. I think what I said was something to the effect that the comments did not hurt the poet.

My Erotic Trail said:

you know, I now have two of my girls in VA. One, just out of the army went into nursing while the other went there to be close to her sister and is now a new mother, yes, that makes me a young... grand pa <grin
You're from... TX? Why did they decide to settle in VA?

My Erotic Trail said:
Well, he says it's a nice poem but "Not really haiku." Then he tells the poet that the form may be senryu. Sounds helpful to me. What's wrong with telling someone about different forms?

My Erotic Trail said:
well, I didn't feel the shoe fit but was curious why you would say this... now!

Originally Posted by My Erotic Trail

...and I believe I put 'uppity' in just for you <grin that is not a lie that is mine as well as others opinion !(obviously from our conversation on this thread)

You know... there may be a few people who might feel the shoe fits you better than you think. I am not one mind you, I see the craftiness in your meanderings.

There are angels walking around masquerading as people all over this planet. --Iggie, Fried Green Tomatos

I wonder if perhaps the opposite is true?

WickedEve said:
You're from... TX? Why did they decide to settle in VA?

why else... men! <<grin
one, was stationed there and met her husband there from Georgia, James is a good man. The the little one went there to visit her sister and met a boy and decided to stay... I'll see them Thanksgiving (~_~) The other girl and my son both live here in Texas. I now have Emma, a three yr old. she does most of my typing <grin+

Decayed Angel said:
There are angels walking around masquerading as people all over this planet. --Iggie, Fried Green Tomatos

I wonder if perhaps the opposite is true?

"The reverse side also has a reverse side." -- Japanese proverb

I guess I answered my own question.

Decayed Angel said:
"The reverse side also has a reverse side." -- Japanese proverb

I guess I answered my own question.

I suppose the key here would be the belief in angels and demons
or is that good and evil?

some one does something and believes their doing it for good may be a bad thing to others but that does not make it evil, evil is doing something knowing it is bad.

My Erotic Trail said:
so... I will apologize for making you unhappy with what I believe to be the truth. (~_~)

You see... your art is the craft.

wow... here is one, perhaps not exactly what you are looking for:

“When ambition ends, happiness begins.” Thomas Merton

My Erotic Trail said:
I suppose the key here would be the belief in angels and demons
or is that good and evil?

some one does something and believes their doing it for good may be a bad thing to others but that does not make it evil, evil is doing something knowing it is bad.

Or perhaps the reverse.

WickedEve said:
Well, he says it's a nice poem but "Not really haiku." Then he tells the poet that the form may be senryu. Sounds helpful to me. What's wrong with telling someone about different forms?

I did not see anything wrong with the comments and did not see them has constructive in regards to how short they were in comparison to Jim's usual comments. I think jim was concidering them as his harshest comments to date.

okay, I have to ask... is that a bagel in your AV? <grin

Decayed Angel said:
“When ambition ends, happiness begins.” Thomas Merton

I found joy in the persuit of an ambition and rejoiced in its end only to seek another goal to bring joy in the persuit.

Writing this it hit me, I caught a five pound bass yesterday... it was a good fight and yes I let it go (a good fish) but... that was what I was fishing for and achieved it... then cast some more <bigrin actually I was crappie fishing and caught the bass but never-the-less it was very enjoyable, catching such a large fish on a small rig. My ambition then was... to do it again.

My Erotic Trail said:
I did not see anything wrong with the comments and did not see them has constructive in regards to how short they were in comparison to Jim's usual comments. I think jim was concidering them as his harshest comments to date.

okay, I have to ask... is that a bagel in your AV? <grin
larger version

My Erotic Trail said:
I substantiated why, with you lauren...repeatedly... remember? I was scorned for posting the PM, where I had gotten my information.
I'm not going to discuss this shit with you again. Frankly, I have better things to do with my time, and trying to read your posts makes my brain hurt.

You substantiated nothing. You received a PM containing a claim so ridiculous and unsubstantiated that anyone with half a working neuron would know were false. You know that kind of claim, it's the same type of moronic supposition that you make constantly when you say that people like Senna, Jim or RainMan left an ill-spirited anonymous comment on some poem. Instead of dismissing that PM for what it was, or asking me about it, you proceeded with a character assassination campaign for months on end. When finally cornered into revealing the reasons for your disgustingly low attitude, turns out it took less than a second to prove all your crap as lies. Did you apologise for what you had been doing? Yeah, right. You tried to justify them with excuses and added a few more lies and unsubstantiated accusations. It didn't surprise me, though. Never in the three years you've been around here have you offered an apology for any of the stunts you pulled. You see, to do that, it takes honour.

The sad things is that you probably believe you have honour. It's pathetic.

Decayed Angel said:

Pleasure dies
then sadness walks in
And even angels, too, decay

..................Oe no Asatsuna

sun hangs from dark branch
i gaze
wars go on

Senna Jawa, 2006-09-19

Allow me to meditate
and stretch
before I begin the trek down the verbal gauntlet <grin