Annoncing my poem! You jey!

Sara Crewe said:
All that walking around and constantly calling for brains had no effect huh?
I spent the decade being hungry.

unpredictablebijou said:
String theory.
Event cones.
Observer phenomenon.

Makin' ya hot?

bijou
May I boost your energy level from d to f and emit a a few photons?

Okay let me try to share something with this crowd. This is the first time I've ever tried to embed an address in a message, so cover your screen with duct tape just in case I accidentally set this to explode or something.

Purely an experiment. And what I was listening to in the 80's.
And BONUS hot Donald Sutherland footage!

bijou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHA9W-zExQ

Last edited:
Sara Crewe said:
And the brain drought continues. Want some veggies and dip to take that edge?
Given my current administration, I simply want enough drinks to put me to sleep until the damn thing is over.

I'm not sure Sam Brownback would be worse. Maybe. But at least he wouldn't have Cheney as VP.

Ooh. Now that is scary. There is some kind of term limitation on VP, isn't there?

Isn't there?

MTVM said:
Given my current administration, I simply want enough drinks to put me to sleep until the damn thing is over.

I'm not sure Sam Brownback would be worse. Maybe. But at least he wouldn't have Cheney as VP.

Ooh. Now that is scary. There is some kind of term limitation on VP, isn't there?

Isn't there?

Um, sure there is or just come live in Canada.

MTVM said:
Fine. I see your ABC and raise you A Flock of Seagulls. To my mind, an even more irritating 80's band, q.v.: This clip is rather sad, actually, like the Seagulls are playing in an almost empty club, with just one table of patrons in the back who are, oddly, discussing the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, drinking Jägermeister, and hoping the band will finally shut up so they finally get down with decoherence.

Ah. Physics girls. Be still my heart. :rolleyes: :p:p:p :):):)

That is it — I've had it with this thread! If you are going to start knocking Flock of Seagulls then I know that something is seriously wrong with you. The guitarist from FoS's, Paul Reynolds, was one of the finest in any of the early Eighties bands, and Wishing, is one of the classics of the period. Three consistently listenable albums from them, which is more than can be said for almost every other band of that time!

Damnable Philistines — I'm putting you all on "ignore"!

Now where's my Talk Talk Greatest Hits.

Eluard said:
That is it — I've had it with this thread! If you are going to start knocking Flock of Seagulls then I know that something is seriously wrong with you. The guitarist from FoS's, Paul Reynolds, was one of the finest in any of the early Eighties bands, and Wishing, is one of the classics of the period. Three consistently listenable albums from them, which is more than can be said for almost every other band of that time!

Last edited:
Eluard said:

Damn right.

and of course there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWKwoS5gUw

Last edited:
Sara Crewe said:
I didn't knock the Seagulls. It was him! <insert law and order dramatic noise> *pointing at MTVM*

I did run over a seagull once but he was already dead.

Something tells me El aint a big Duran Duran fan.

Careless Memory by Duran x 2 is a great song.

But for early Eighties greatness it is not possible to go past Echo and the Bunnymen. And if I hear one word said against them then I'll put the whole forum on Ignore!

unpredictablebijou said:
Damn right.

and of course there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWKwoS5gUw

Yes, great song!

It's all very easy to knock Eighties music until you take a listen to what there is around at the moment — then suddenly the Eighties–Nineties stretch looks like the last time we had any music at all in this sorry excuse for a culture of ours.

Eluard said:
Yes, great song!

It's all very easy to knock Eighties music until you take a listen to what there is around at the moment — then suddenly the Eighties–Nineties stretch looks like the last time we had any music at all in this sorry excuse for a culture of ours.

careful. you might start sounding like an old fogey...

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
- Socrates

unpredictablebijou said:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
- Socrates

Don't make me pull out the hemlock.

unpredictablebijou said:

- Socrates

I am an old fogey — and Socrates was right, kids are just getting worse all the time. It's been downhill for the last 2500 years.

Eluard said:
I am an old fogey — and Socrates was right, kids are just getting worse all the time. It's been downhill for the last 2500 years.

So, what do you think started it? The invention of democracy, maybe? Or was it that nutty invention of monotheism?

Sara Crewe said:
If you're younger than I am, I will have Bijou fly to Australia just to smack you upside the head.

Always overjoyed to do your bidding, your Levitating Gossamer Sparkliness.

I'm off now, however. Some peasants to terrorize. Back here MUCH later than all the Good People will be awake.

Fogey or not, it's a new world, goddamit, and I am stoked. Learning how to put a music address in a post is huge for me. I'm about to start my own radio station.

Radio Jezebel. Music for Quantum Physics Grrrrls and Anachronistic Sluts. Music for Iconophants. Music for Omnivores.

bijou

unpredictablebijou said:
Always overjoyed to do your bidding, your Levitating Gossamer Sparkliness.

I'm off now, however. Some peasants to terrorize. Back here MUCH later than all the Good People will be awake.

bijou

Bring back any of the interesting ones. I'm all finished with the last ones.

Have fun. Vizier Terror: It's not just for Tuesdays anymore

Last edited:
Sara Crewe said:
If you're younger than I am, I will have Bijou fly to Australia just to smack you upside the head.

No, definitely not younger.

unpredictablebijou said:

- Socrates

I love the way everyone quotes Socrates on this as though it were just obvious that we can't be right if he was. Do children now not do all that Socrates said and them some that he never dreamed? If so, then he can be right and so can we.

There should be an opposite of 'curmudgeon' (which I am quite happily) namely — some name for all those through-gritted-teeth No, it's great, I just looove modern culture, more hip-hop please, Mr Music, less of that stuff that the fogey's like — the past is horrid, just horrid, more of the bright, shiny death-mask of the present, pleeeaase

Back