Anonymous comments piss me off.

I've never seen anyone post a screenshot of "Great story, 5 stars!" by anonymous just to call it cowardly. I've never seen anyone, in this forum at least, complain about not being able to respond to anonymous praise, only anonymous criticism - except Duleigh, but I'm prrretttyy surrrre he's lying about that, even to himself.

Whenever someone accuses anonymous comments of being cowardly, you can safely bet the homestead that it's because the comment was taken negatively and the writer wants to tell the sonofabich douchebag off, but can't find him.

Ala Kathy Bates character in Misery.
There are so many real-life examples. There was that woman who always broke into David Letterman's house. John Hinckley. Rebecca Schaeffer was shot to death by one of her admirers in 1989. Etc.

As a guy who handles celebrity security said, "The question is not, 'is there a stalker?' The question is, 'How many are there?' "

I love all comments. Mean, happy, Constructive. Anonymous... I'm just thrilled you took the time to read and comment.
Look, I'm glad people are reading my stories, but how do I know if it's the same person leaving a comment or different people?

Look, I'm glad people are reading my stories, but how do I know if it's the same person leaving a comment or different people?
Does it matter? Comments fuel my writing. I hope the same people comment a lot...every time they reread it.

Back