BDSM, D/s, Sadomasochism lingo!

dr_mabeuse said:
I'd worry about it if I were writing some formal report, but in fiction, especially first person fiction, I do it all the time. But then, that's just me.

"But then again, it is I."

:D

Seattle Zack said:
Still a rather boring sentence though.

Hey, cut that out. Copywriters seethe when clients take a sentence out of context and say it lacks excitement. Assume that what follows this boring sentence is a paragraph that would make de Sade sob like a child, and an exciting sentence might be overkill.

Sorry...just a pet peeve...by a casual observer...glancing about nervously, scurrying back to the Readers' Corner to work on my needlepoint.

:rolleyes:

P.S. You might check down in the BDSM Forum, ... T/they can A/advise you on the N/nomenclature that M/makes them feel the most S/special.

That one made me ROFL... Having read some of the etiquette in the bdsm forum, I became curious about how difficult it would be to carry that off.

i tried it at a chat site, and after writing like this for awhile i found that i could not stop referring to myself in the lower case and to You in upper case, Sir. Then i met a submissive who told me she accidentally called a younger male friend "Sir," a couple of times. It must be dangerous, speaking the language among unfriendlies. Sir.

InsatiableMe said:
Well, I've never taken the time to measure how low men's balls dangle when I'm with them, but they've always hit my clit during doggie style.

One of the things I love about the Lit Discussion Boards is that once a week or so, someone inadvertently comes up with a perfect name for a country music song.

I think you have at least two good ones here, Insatiable.

:cool:

shereads said:
One of the things I love about the Lit Discussion Boards is that once a week or so, someone inadvertently comes up with a perfect name for a country music song.

I think you have at least two good ones here, Insatiable.

:cool:

;)

shereads said:
Assume that what follows this boring sentence is a paragraph that would make de Sade sob like a child, and an exciting sentence might be overkill.

I do understand your point, but it is a boring sentence, if you're writing a story. Show don't tell, isn't that the mantra? If the passage that follows is as cock-stiffening as you describe, then why include the caveat at all?

Surely the reader can discern from what is revealed in this orgasmic composition that mild-mannered Steve had decided to reveal his hidden sadistic streak (or, rather, Mild-Mannered Steve had decided to reveal His Hidden Sadistic Streak).

Just drop the damn sentence, is my advice, and get on with the sex.

Back