Breast Cancer Awareness ----- Give me your BOOBS!!

Thank you everyone for this opportunity to shed some light on a cause that is very important to me. Even before I found out about my own Cancer, I was always a big supporter.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for this opportunity to shed some light on a cause that is very important to me. Even before I found out about my own Cancer, I was always a big supporter.

attachment.php

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I admire your strength and courage.

Once again it is October and the month that I love to remind people to get your Mammogram. Since this thread I have many women reach out to me talking about their own diagnoses and/or this being the push they needed to get in and get checked.

A year ago, I never would have known how much of this journey would stick with everything I do in my daily life. I will forever live waiting for the cancer to come back, to form a different kind of cancer or any other shoe to drop. Every ache and pain I have, I now freak out about. Anytime something feels off the anxiety goes through the roof.

Our medical system does not do enough for prevention. Simple yearly screenings would cost so much less in the long run than treatment does.

Attachments

• PicsArt_10-06-08.01.49.jpg
    PicsArt_10-06-08.01.49.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 105
Great thread to revive. Get checked girls, I’ve a friend who got it in her early 20s, nearly didn’t even go to docs cos “I’m too young for that to happen to me”

Great thread to revive. Get checked girls, I’ve a friend who got it in her early 20s, nearly didn’t even go to docs cos “I’m too young for that to happen to me”
Sadly, if you develop breast cancer before the age of 50, it is almost always triple negative which is the most aggressive kind. :cry:

Once again it is October and the month that I love to remind people to get your Mammogram. Since this thread I have many women reach out to me talking about their own diagnoses and/or this being the push they needed to get in and get checked.

A year ago, I never would have known how much of this journey would stick with everything I do in my daily life. I will forever live waiting for the cancer to come back, to form a different kind of cancer or any other shoe to drop. Every ache and pain I have, I now freak out about. Anytime something feels off the anxiety goes through the roof.

Our medical system does not do enough for prevention. Simple yearly screenings would cost so much less in the long run than treatment does.
We are forever grateful that we still have you here with us, Sassy!! 🥰 :heart: :rose:🤗

Well said Sassy. Even though we don't get to chat much anymore please know how much I admire your bravery and willingness to keep this awful disease front and center. Continued good health to you and others who fight this battle.

BumpIng for awareness. Thanks Sassy

We are forever grateful that we still have you here with us, Sassy!! 🥰 :heart: :rose:🤗
Thank you Tali. :love:
Well said Sassy. Even though we don't get to chat much anymore please know how much I admire your bravery and willingness to keep this awful disease front and center. Continued good health to you and others who fight this battle.
Thank you. I was a little nervous about sharing this journey until I saw how many reached out afterwards.

Thank you, Sassy, for the extremely important reminder and for sharing your journey with us. 🌹
Thanks also to @PattiJolene. 🌹

I want to also remind everyone of the importance of knowing your family medical history, when possible. If you are a woman and women in your family have had breast cancer, your doctor may recommend starting mammograms early. If you are a man and your mother or sister has had breast cancer, your doctor may recommend starting prostate cancer screenings early. For both men and women, testing for mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes may be recommended.

Take good care of yourselves, lovely pervs.

And fuck you, cancer.

Attachments

• BCAM.JPG
    BCAM.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 126
Thank you, Sassy, for the extremely important reminder and for sharing your journey with us. 🌹

I want to also remind everyone of the importance of knowing your family medical history, when possible. If you are a woman and women in your family have had breast cancer, your doctor may recommend starting mammograms early. If you are a man and your mother or sister has had breast cancer, your doctor may recommend starting prostate cancer screenings early. For both men and women, testing for mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes may be recommended.

And fuck you, cancer.
Wonderfully important. Thank you, Angelica. I did the genetic testing when I found out and I am thankfully not a carrier of any of the breast cancer genes, but it will still mean that my daughter will have to start testing early.
I did because I have very dense breasts. I started in my 40s.
Another thing to think of. If you have dense breasts, they often start them earlier because it is harder to feel for lumps and bumps.
:rose: :rose:

When I found out that I was going to have a Lumpectomy. I admit to some vanity and wondering what my scarring would be like. I reached out to those who'd been through it and asked. A year and a half later, my scarring is far less noticeable. The one in my armpit (from lymph node removal) is almost nonexistent. I still have my tattoos (little dots they tattoo on you to line you up on the radiation table) and can honestly say the emotional side of this was much harder than the physical side. Emotionally I am still struggling to find my beauty. While I know that realistically the scarring is nothing in the grand scheme of things and I am happy to be alive. I'll take the life over anything. I was ready to get a full mastectomy if needed. But there is this little part in you that thinks of your breasts as part of your beauty. When in reality. They are just bags of fat.

I know in my heart that my boobs are not what makes me beautiful. But my head will argue with it once in a while.

Again. I'm not saying any of this to highlight my vanity. I am so grateful to be alive and I truly hope I can ultimately kick cancers ass. It will be a lifelong battle. I had the most aggressive kind and the kind most likely to come back.

But. Someone else asked me about my scarring.
Today. A year and a half after surgery.

Attachments

• Picsart_22-10-06_15-21-56-360.jpg
    Picsart_22-10-06_15-21-56-360.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 96

I volunteer to do your daily checkups. :)

And fuck you, cancer.
Hello, beautiful. :love: Nice to see you again.
When I found out that I was going to have a Lumpectomy. I admit to some vanity and wondering what my scarring would be like. I reached out to those who'd been through it and asked. A year and a half later, my scarring is far less noticeable. The one in my armpit (from lymph node removal) is almost nonexistent. I still have my tattoos (little dots they tattoo on you to line you up on the radiation table) and can honestly say the emotional side of this was much harder than the physical side. Emotionally I am still struggling to find my beauty. While I know that realistically the scarring is nothing in the grand scheme of things and I am happy to be alive. I'll take the life over anything. I was ready to get a full mastectomy if needed. But there is this little part in you that thinks of your breasts as part of your beauty. When in reality. They are just bags of fat.

I know in my heart that my boobs are not what makes me beautiful. But my head will argue with it once in a while.

Again. I'm not saying any of this to highlight my vanity. I am so grateful to be alive and I truly hope I can ultimately kick cancers ass. It will be a lifelong battle. I had the most aggressive kind and the kind most likely to come back.

I think it's only natural to wonder what something life changing might look like. You'll always be beautiful no matter what. :heart::heart::heart:

Fuck cancer. Lost too many friends and family to it over the years. My best friend of 30+ years is currently fighting an aggressive battle and is having a rough go.

Take care of yourself all. Get your screenings done, even if they are unpleasant, they're still a shitload better than cancer.

I think any scarring is beautiful because it shows that you are healthier than before and we still have your smile and witty postings with us. Thank you for all you do to help others in tough times.

Fuck cancer. Lost too many friends and family to it over the years. My best friend of 30+ years is currently fighting an aggressive battle and is having a rough go.

Take care of yourself all. Get your screenings done, even if they are unpleasant, they're still a shitload better than cancer.
I have only had 1 mammogram that was actually unpleasant. I always figured maybe it was cause of being so large, there was more to cram in those plates. Less pain. But the last one I had. The Technician was so rough that I actually came out of there with cuts on the underside of my breasts and remembered thinking that if anyone else had ever experienced that. Maybe that was why so many hated them. I will chalk that up to her though. I filed a complaint and who knows. Maybe she was having a rough day. That was still worth peace of mind.
I volunteer to do your daily checkups. :)

I think it's only natural to wonder what something life changing might look like. You'll always be beautiful no matter what. :heart::heart::heart:
Such a trooper you are!! :kiss:
Thank you EN. You are always a sweetheart.
I think any scarring is beautiful because it shows that you are healthier than before and we still have your smile and witty postings with us. Thank you for all you do to help others in tough times.
Thank you zhutt. That was so very kind of you to say. :love:

Hey there, handsome. It’s been awhile. It’s nice to be seen. Since Sassy didn’t change the title of the thread, I assumed that she still wanted to be given boobs, so boobs I gave. 💕

F**k cancer, I also have lost too many friends and family to it.
Here’s my contribution.
I hope you’re all well
Xxx
I very much do want that @AngelicaS1780 thank you!

The more boobs the better. It's a good cause.

Thank you as well @BholahForSoup

:rose::rose::rose:

A good reminder Sassy,

Ladies, do not leave it, get all the appropriate checks carried out. My sister ignored her warning signs for a long while. Eventually had a double mastectomy and follow up treatment. On a routine follow up, I think it was 18 months later, she was told it was back And inoperable. It took her life a few weeks later.

And fuck you, cancer.
Important advice and a gorgeous PIC! Remember too that there does not need to be a family history of breast cancer to get breast cancer. My wife had no history in her family and got it. She then was tested and they found nothing hereditary. Another thing is that some women, like my wife, do not get mammograms for the fear they might show cancer. My wife did not realize what she had until she could actually feel the lump. Stage 2 cancer that resulted in chemo, radiation and mastectomy.

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPEG
    IMG_0798.JPEG
    611.2 KB · Views: 26
Back