Can We Get More "Ethnic" Diversity on the Literotica Site?

Pure said:

What does a Black domme/mistress offer that's special?

Uhhmm... I'm not sure where you are going with this or why you are asking this. But by asking it this way, you are in fact implying that a non-black domme/mistress is not special.

I think they are all special :)

It's not about the color or ethincity (sp?). It's about reading human behavior and getting to know your submissive. A "bad" domme that is white cannot go around blaming the fact that she is white. Just as a black domme isn't going to recognize that she makes a good domme because she is black. I don't think for a second that race has anythign to do with making a "good" domme.

You are close to becoming the Jimmy "The Greek" of the BDSM world.

PBW

P. B. Walker said:
Uhhmm... I'm not sure where you are going with this or why you are asking this. But by asking it this way, you are in fact implying that a non-black domme/mistress is not special.

I think they are all special :)

It's not about the color or ethincity (sp?). It's about reading human behavior and getting to know your submissive. A "bad" domme that is white cannot go around blaming the fact that she is white. Just as a black domme isn't going to recognize that she makes a good domme because she is black. I don't think for a second that race has anythign to do with making a "good" domme.

You are close to becoming the Jimmy "The Greek" of the BDSM world.

PBW

Well, I happen to think I am special cause I am black. What is wrong with that? I am special cause I am SCARCE !

Eb

Pure said:
A Question: For all, of either sex, who are not African-American,
What does a Black domme/mistress offer that's special?

I don't have an answer, but I sure wouldn't mind doing some research and getting back to you on this one!

I asked What's special about a Black domme?

PBW said,

I think they are all special .

I agree. Every nationality, ethnicity and race is special. So I will
rephrase, "Describe, if you know of it, the particular specialness of the Black domme."

If you want to praise also, Latinas that lash, Chinese 'tiger ladies', Latvian dommes and Montenegran mistresses, feel free!

Marquis said:
CBM, you seem like a bright guy, but from what I've seen in this and one other thread you are being a huge dickhead to UCE for no reason.

Also, to say that anyone who says America is not the most racially divided nation has their own racist agenda is beyond absurd. Perhaps someone just has what they think is a logical reason for feeling that way.

Actually, now that I think about it, I can say that the statement I said before was definitely NOT true. Tribalism in Africa, particularly in some countries, is WAY worse than racism in America today. Rwanda was a perfect example of how bad the racism in those countries can get.

UCE is a troll. She was in another thread stirring up trouble, with claims that in this thread we were saying that Black women are superior to other races of women. In fact, she is the one who said that. She, also, has a habit of making racially condescending comments. Unlike you, I'm not content to grin obsequiously while kissing her ass. I found her comments inflammatory and I'm under no obligation to hold my tongue for her, you, or anyone else on this board.

As to your vacillating opinion about the overall racist climate of America, you're entitled to your irresolute opinion. But, such an abrupt reversal of opinion calls into question the validity of any subsequent statements that you might make. However, I'm not at all surprised, given what I know about you, that you can't make up your mind.

The violence in Rwanda, as you stated, is an example of tribalism, a clash of cultures. Further, it existed in the context of a civil war between groups with opposing political agenda. That has certainly happened before in the United States. That goes on the world over. Bosnia, Northern Ireland, Japan, Palestine, and so forth, all have histories of these kinds of clashes. In the post to which you so equivocally object, I clearly stated that the thing that sets American anti-black racism apart is that there is no clash of cultures here. We speak the same language. We have the same religion. Our political range of opinion is more or less parallel. We have a shared history. In fact, from the standpoint of the vast majority of Black Americans, our history extends no further back than that shared history in these United States.

The only thing that sets us apart, is the colour of our skin. In this country, no matter how successful and/or assimilated into the majority culture a Black person is, he/she will never be fully endowed with the full rights afforded to other natural born Americans. Despite being a conquering General, which is usually a sure path to the Oval office, and Secretary of State, Colin Powell is not electable as President of the United States. Neither is the utterly qualified outright genius, Condoleezza Rice. However, a drunkard, cocaine snorting, failed businessman and all around moron sits in the Whitehouse as of this writing.

Agree or disagree, or in your case, agree then disagree. I don't care. I'm merely rendering my opinion, and I have no intention of wavering in it.

Last edited:
Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
UCE is a troll. She was in another thread stirring up trouble, with claims that in this thread we were saying that Black women are superior to other races of women. In fact, she is the one who said that. She, also, has a habit of making racially condescending comments. Unlike you, I'm not content to grin obsequiously while kissing her ass. I found her comments inflammatory and I'm under no obligation to hold my tongue for her, you, or anyone else on this board.

Wow, CBM, you've got anger problems dude. Haven't found a bitch to beat you up in a while?

Firstly, I can only make judgments on people in this board from what I've seen, and from what I've seen you are infinitely more of a troll than UCE. She has tried to be very courteous and you have done nothing but be abrasive and pick fights. She has provided tons of great information and opinions and you have done nothing but whine and bitch.

Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
As to your vacillating opinion about the overall racist climate of America, you're entitled to your irresolute opinion. But, such an abrupt reversal of opinion calls into question the validity of any subsequent statements that you might make. However, I'm not at all surprised, given what I know about you, that you can't make up your mind.

OK motherfucker, I am real curious as to what that last sentence means. If it has to do with my being biracial, you are the most backwards ignorant stupid bitch ass fucking loser I have ever met. I am surprised you don't identify more with Farakhan you dumb colorist embarassment to the race you pretend to be lauding.

Now, as to your first sentence, which was poorly riddled with redundant SAT words in an attempt to intellectually intimidate me (something not so easily done by the way). The reason I changed my opinion was because I gave it more thought and tried to think of other examples. I, unlike you, am not so set in my ideas that I am beyond reason or learning.

Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
The violence in Rwanda, as you stated, is an example of tribalism, a clash of cultures. Further, it existed in the context of a civil war between groups with opposing political agenda. That has certainly happened before in the United States. That goes on the world over. Bosnia, Northern Ireland, Japan, Palestine, and so forth, all have histories of these kinds of clashes. In the post to which you so equivocally object, I clearly stated that the thing that sets American anti-black racism apart is that there is no clash of cultures here. We speak the same language. We have the same religion. Our political range of opinion is more or less parallel. We have a shared history. In fact, from the standpoint of the vast majority of Black Americans, our history extends no further back than that shared history in these United States.

First of all, if you think black and white culture in the US aren't different cultures, you are a retard. There is a tremendous clash of cultures in the US between whites and blacks. Blacks and whites in america dont have a shared history either. Before segregation ended there is NO WAY you could make reference to a shared history, much like ancient Rome was often called two cities (the city of the rich and that of the poor). Moreover, the Hutus and Watussi of Rwanda actually make a great comparison to the whites and blacks of America, except for the fact that they look very similar. They speak essentialy the same language, have the same religion and share a history of an opressor/opressee relationship similar to that of the blacks and whites in the US.

Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
Agree or disagree, or in your case, agree then disagree. I don't care. I'm merely rendering my opinion, and I have no intention of wavering in it.

I bet you don't, how sad it must be to be so closed minded and bitter.

Before segregation ended there is NO WAY you could make reference to a shared history

This is perhaps the stupidest thing that I've ever heard. I'm sure that were they here, my White great grandfather and my Black great grandmother would beg to differ.

As to the rest of your post ... my eyes glazed over with boredom when it became obvious that you had nothing to say, and could only offer weak insults and vulgarity (that you wouldn't and couldn't stand to in real life) instead of any substantive reply. Also, it's hilarious that a twit who has to pepper his post with "motherfucker" every other sentence, has the gall to accuse me of having anger problems. I'm not the least bit angered by anything that goes on in a messages board. I'm left to wonder as to the fullness of your real life, that you could think such a thing possible. This is all idle banter and nothing more.

We're clearly not going to agree on the details of our argument, so I will leave that alone.

I am upset at myself for having resorted to swearing to respond to you, but you did manage to anger me quite a bit. I am glad you are able to keep such a complacent attitude on these boards, and there is nothing much anyone can say to me here that could get me truly pissed off.

However I have dealt with my biracialty amongst black people my whole life, and it is something that really sets me off. I would still like to know if that is what you were implying.

As a final note, and I mean FINAL, because I will not be responding to you in the future; I find it hilarious that you are so sure that I couldn't and wouldn't stand to anything I am saying in real life. You don't know anything about me and you wouldn't have said that if you did. Talking shit to an avatar doesn't mean much though, so I guess we'll never know.

Naive race question (DO NOT YELL AT ME FOR ASKING THIS GUYS--I REALLY WANT TO KNOW):

Marquis's recent remarks spurred this question. Do blacks have a color-code among themselves where certain shades of black or brown are "better" than other shades? And if so, is it the same color code everywhere or is it different depending on where you live?

Unda

UCE, what you're talking about is commonly referred to as colorism. The phenomena has mixed origins, but the gist of it goes like this. Many dark skinned blacks think of themselves as more "black" than their light skinned counterparts. They often feel like lighter skinned blacks have an easier time being accepted in white society, and suffer less racism. There are many possibilities of why this opinion came about. The thing about lighter skinned blacks integrating better is for the most part true, but there are other aspects to it that increase the tension. In a white dominated society, the image of beauty is that of whiteness. Thus, even in black culture, its not uncommon for lightskinned black people to be considered more attractive than dark skinned black people. Also, light skinned black people often have lineage tracing back to being "house slaves" (slaves that were servants as opposed to field workers), and the "house slave"/"field slave" conflict is something that is hardly over.

The thing is though, that while light skinned, and particularly biracial people may get better treatment from white america, they tend to get much worse treatment from much of black america. I live in Washington, DC, probably the city in the US with the highest black population percentage-wise. I am also a member of my colleges Black Student Alliance and it is continually daunting to have my opinions discredited because of my background. I grew in an all black area of New York and then Nairobi, Kenya with my black mother and my black step-father. My mother was an african-american history scholar. Even if I was adopted and my skin was ivory white, I would know a little something about what I was talking about given my upbringing, but I get judged purely on my light skin and semi-caucasian features all the time. And then on top of all that, I still have to deal with racist white people too. I sometimes wonder if it isn't even worse, since white people will often say things around me they wouldnt think of saying around darker black men. I almost quit my job because of something like that recently.

The issue is quite complicated, and I may be oversimplifying it quite a bit. The context under which it came up in this thread however was where CBM said he was "not surprised my views on race were so wishy washy due to what he knew about me." I made the assumption that this was because of my being biracial, and he chose not to respond to my asking if that was the case.

Biracial (in the ethnic arena)

Is like being bisexual (in the sexual arena) or a switch (in the BDSM arena).

Marquis said:
We're clearly not going to agree on the details of our argument, so I will leave that alone.

I am upset at myself for having resorted to swearing to respond to you, but you did manage to anger me quite a bit. I am glad you are able to keep such a complacent attitude on these boards, and there is nothing much anyone can say to me here that could get me truly pissed off.

However I have dealt with my biracialty amongst black people my whole life, and it is something that really sets me off. I would still like to know if that is what you were implying.

As a final note, and I mean FINAL, because I will not be responding to you in the future; I find it hilarious that you are so sure that I couldn't and wouldn't stand to anything I am saying in real life. You don't know anything about me and you wouldn't have said that if you did. Talking shit to an avatar doesn't mean much though, so I guess we'll never know.

Blah blah blah ... how quickly the assumed facade of civility falls, and the "bitches" and "motherfuckers" do fly.

Regarding your "biracialty" (if that is a word) I have no idea what you're raving on about. I made no reference to your apparently heterogeneous parentage. The only comments that I directed at you personally, concerned your character, (what I believe to be your) sociological naiveté, and the variable nature of your convictions.

My family abounds with "biracial" people. I'm mildly insulted that you have made statements that imply belittlement of mixed folks on my part. In my day to day life, I don't even stipulate to such factious distinctions among Africans in the diaspora. That you leapt to such a baffling assumption seems to indicate a huge chip on your shoulder regarding your ethnicity. If I want to insult you, I have plenty of ammunition with which to insult you personally. I don't need to insult my Grandmothers (both of them), nieces, nephews, and my daughter's mom in the bargain.

Finally, as to the matter of your "final note":
I know.

UCE said:
Naive race question (DO NOT YELL AT ME FOR ASKING THIS GUYS--I REALLY WANT TO KNOW):

Marquis's recent remarks spurred this question. Do blacks have a color-code among themselves where certain shades of black or brown are "better" than other shades? And if so, is it the same color code everywhere or is it different depending on where you live?

Unda

I have no experience with any such thing. Certainly in the past, especially in the antebellum south, that sort of thing existed. In my experience, ones job, where one lives, and what one drives are the major determinants used by Black people (actually by most people) who care to make value judgement about people.

This may be different in other parts of the country, particularly the deep south, I'm speaking solely from my experience.

MY 2 cents

i've been ripped-off,, screwed-over,, ect..ect.. by ....
blacks
whites
asian
high yeller's
purple-hue blacks
tanned albinos
6 fingered, 3 toed midgets

get the point ???????????/

Marquis said:
UCE, what you're talking about is commonly referred to as colorism.

Thank you for the detailed and fascinating description. I am going to have some questions for you about this soon. I am reading this novel right now, a famous one written a few years ago about Atlanta, Ga, that talks about this issue a lot, and as with most novels, I have no idea if the author is reflecting something accurate or just making things up for the sake of the story.

What he describes as having happened in Atlanta, which is a black-majority city too, is that a relatively small group of lighter skinned blacks form a sort of black intellectual and financial aristocracy: they send their kids to the good schools, and these children later get the better professional jobs, and in fact run the city. Anyway, the upper-middle class-upper class blacks are kind of snobbish in the book toward the working-class or even slum-dwelling and usually darker-skinned blacks. It didn't strike me as realistic, but maybe it is.

I just thought that since the 60s and 70s and all the black power days that the darker you were the more ethnic or "cooler" you'd seem to others.

Unda

Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
In my day to day life, I don't even stipulate to such factious distinctions among Africans in the diaspora.

Which diaspora are you talking about? I don't suppose you mean the one in the paleoentology records that happened from Africa to other parts of the world about 6 million years ago? I just finshed reading a rather biased (toward a certain methodology) but fascinating account of that.

Unda

Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
In my experience, ones job, where one lives, and what one drives are the major determinants used by Black people (actually by most people) who care to make value judgement about people.

This may be different in other parts of the country, particularly the deep south, I'm speaking solely from my experience.

In the Southern city I live in there is heavy segragation and the neighborhood you live in matters a lot as to what people think of you. But the way it works is that there are good black neighborhoods and bad black neighborhoods and then in totally different parts of the city there are good white neighborhoods and bad white neighborhoods. We also have specific areas that populated mostly by latinos and certain ones for asians. These latter areas are isolated from the rest of the city by language barriers. The newest "third world" ethnic group, the Russians, have started moving in en masse in the past year or so and I expect they have their own area of the city where most of them live together, but I havn't found where it is yet.

This is nothing of course, compared to the multitde of ethnic neighboords you get in place like NYC, of course.

Pure said:
I asked What's special about a Black domme?

PBW said,

I think they are all special .

I agree. Every nationality, ethnicity and race is special. So I will
rephrase, "Describe, if you know of it, the particular specialness of the Black domme."

If you want to praise also, Latinas that lash, Chinese 'tiger ladies', Latvian dommes and Montenegran mistresses, feel free!

That's what I like about ya'll white folks. You never give a sistah an even break (unless she looks like a chocolate covered white girl).

Like it or not, there are many men who find the allure of an ebony woman to be special. Of course, there probably aren't very many of them posting to Lit.

Eb<give Me a break!>

Ebonyfire
Like it or not, there are many men who find the allure of an ebony woman to be special. Of course, there probably aren't very many of them posting to Lit.

I'm one!!!

In fact I love all colours. So much diversity out there, how can I resist? Why eat vanilla when you can have 31 flavours? I am a proud mutt and as such I find a wide gene pool very sexy.

I love black women. There curves are irresistable.

Asian women have great eyes and hair.

White folks seem to have a lot of options as far as body types and features but that's because they too are mutts, whether they want to believe it or not.

First nations women have fantastic facial features and legs.

Forgive the apparent generalizations because I really don't care what colour the woman is. She could have mad curves and be islamic for all I care. You can't make me stop leering at beautiful nations! You can't make me!!!

Eb

I think you're right; few of the lit folk posting here have had that delight, but we're an elite group, I remind you.

Ebonyfire said:
That's what I like about ya'll white folks. You never give a sistah an even break (unless she looks like a chocolate covered white girl).

Nothing wrong with a chocolate covered white girl. Right now a pitcher of MoJo and a cute little Filipino would be fun.

Yeah!

WriterDom said:
Nothing wrong with a chocolate covered white girl. Right now a pitcher of MoJo and a cute little Filipino would be fun.

See!?!

That's what I'm talking about. Ethnic diversity

Ebonyfire said:

... Like it or not, there are many men who find the allure of an ebony woman to be special. Of course, there probably aren't very many of them posting to Lit.

Eb<give Me a break!>

That's odd. I am a man and I post to Lit all of the time. And, I'm also conspicuous, in here, for my adoration decidedly non-black-Barbie-like (or as you say chocolate-covered-White-girl-like) women. I am awed by full-lipped, curvaceous, zoftig, Black women who bear little resemblance, body-wise, to most of their comparatively attenuated White sisters.

Of course, I realize that your comments weren't directed at me. I don't count. I just decided to pipe up for no particular reason. Well, actually that's not exactly true.

Every time that I've posted a reply to something that you've said, and every time that you've posted a reply to one of my posts, you've done so in, what I've interpreted as, a rather disdainful and supercilious manner. I would categorize your replies to me as terse attacks. Your discourses with me, albeit ever curt, have been laced with an almost palpable acrimony. Please do continue, Ma'am.

Far from engendering any ill will on my part, your invective words are like poetry to my ears. I love nothing more than for a Sista to put her foot in my ass, figuratively speaking of course. So, when I see a reply from you to something that I've said, and the basic tone of which is such that I infer that you're telling me to fuck off and die in so many words, it makes me want to fall to my knees lavishing your nether regions with a slavish display of the surpassing adroitness of my deft and unflagging tongue via an hour or so of firstclass 'analingus'. I realize that it would never happen. However, I get a cheap thrill out of it nonetheless.

Cuckolded_BlK_Male said:
There are incidents of racism everywhere. I could detail a hundred such incidents that have taken place in the U.S. THIS YEAR. But, that isn't what I was talking about. I was talking about the over-all, deeply ingrained, institutional racism that is a part of every American institution, and has been central to the social landscape of America for hundreds of years. Racism

I've worked in Quebec city, and I'm in Toronto at least twice per month. The attitudes that you've described simply don't jibe with the reality of Canada. I personally know dozens of Black professionals in Canada, many of whom wouldn't set foot in the U.S. for fear of racist violence. And, it's not random yahoos that they are worried about. They are afraid of racist American Law efforcement. Given the murders of Amadou Diallo, Timothy Thomas, Malcolm Ferguson, Marvin Harris and dozens of others in recent years, I don't blame them.
There are racists everywhere, but Canada is committed to multiculturalism at every level.

The suggestion that racial attitudes are more open in the U.S. than in Canada (the place that Black people in bondage in America though of as the Promised land) is ridiculous to me, having spent a considerable amount of time in both countries.

It's scary that I can't resist pointing this out, but while Canada was considered a Promised Land for fugative slaves, it was at the same time a slave holding British territory. The idea that Blacks could be owned by Whites was well enough ingrained and the slave holding class here was politically powerful enough to keep their slaves and their slave trade until death - this at the same time as fugatives entering Canada were free. At one point American slaves were running here while Canadian slaves were running to the free States. Isn't that ironic?

The expression of the thing is slightly different, but the underlying social logic is the same- just as there is a differently expressed racism in Canada, there was a unique and complicated set of laws upholding slavery in Canada for hundreds of years, and the Canadian commitment to anti-slavery was actually very half-assed. Some would say the same about the commitment to multiculturalism.

Back