*sitting

*waiting

*tappin fingers

*watchin mailbox

*listenin to phone

*bitin nails

*giggling

Hey! Newbie! Care to dance?

"he strolled down the avenue alone in the cold...

he strolled down the avenue alone in the cold
peering in window plates, watching the sky

:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: absinthe

Cerriwiden said:
his stride long and lanky with shoulders set bold

:)

BooMerengue said:
oh, by the way

I'm not submitting any of the poems I've partnered on here. If the partners wish to they have my blessing, but I don't want to. But I have had so much fun and found so much diversity that I AM going to post them in this thread- begging irish's permission.

I hope this is okay w/ everyone. ????

Me neither, Boo.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: absinthe

BooMerengue said:
his stride long and lanky with shoulders set bold
terzanelle?

the clouds, scenic backing to birds as they fly

average gina said:
Me neither, Boo.

Well... I think I have changed my mind, Gina!! I'll let you know!

Champ! That was pretty- wanna write one? That line is taken, but I'm sure we can come up w/ another. But I've never done a terzanelle... or a wildebeest.

I had to ask my friend Lauren for help today. Thank the Goddess for her! She sent me this template to use to post my 'dances'! I'm using the poem Reltne and I did as an example as thats the one I sent to Lauren. You can change which lines you italicize and/or add color if you wish.

Lit will already have the poem name and my name posted... I'm just adding ...
<i>with</i> <a href="http://english.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=382381&page=submissions"><i>Reltne</i></a>

<i>In dove grey velvet she stood in the door</i>
a building storm in the high summer sky
<i>another glance told her he hadn't come</i>
no lad to catch her out with tales told wry

<i>She wound her way upstairs to empty room</i>
and fell on top the bed with angry sigh
<i>as lightning flashed beyond the leaded pane</i>
her well laid plans she watched the wind whisk by

<i>'Twas once so easy to beguile and charm</i>
a joy of time when she was young and spry
<i>but years that passed have heightened her desire</i>
for many things she might yet get to try

<i>She wrapped her cloak of lonely tighter round her</i>
the gnawing sense of weary to belie
<i>tomorrow's sun would shine on other matters</i>
tonight it was enough to simply cry.

Boo's lines are italicized.

I pasted this into the box to submit but then deleted it. I just wanted to see how it looks. It looks good.

Thank you, Lauren, and Thank you Reltne.

Last edited:
Um.. now... when was I supposed to sumbit this stuff?

BooMerengue said:
um... tomorrow! :)
Goody! Me and anna have two puppies for the parade. And I must say they are super cool. I was afraid I had missed the bus there for a while.

Actually, I'll have to admit that one of them does not fully comply with the challenge rules. When it was done, we saw the potention for a much better poem with some tweaking. And, well, we couldn't help ourselves. So be it sometimes when one swirls and the other is busy penning little white lies. if this calls for a spanking, I'll check with my schedule and make an appointment.

#L

I think everyone did a little tweaking here and there, Liar. I doubt you did enough for a spanking!

uhhh... I have 6 or 7 puppies, depending on who wakes up and cleans out their mailboxes!!

ahem, remec & Maria!

Would someone...

....remind us of the posting instructions? I know we submit tomorrow, but I've forgotten any other formatting 'requirements' (assuming I can figure them out...)

Mutt and I are finally finished with our poem.
:rose:

Many thanks!!!!!
:kiss:

BooMerengue said:
I had to ask my friend Lauren for help today. Thank the Goddess for her! She sent me this template to use to post my 'dances'! I'm using the poem Reltne and I did as an example as thats the one I sent to Lauren. You can change which lines you italicize and/or add color if you wish.

<i>with</i> <a href="http://english.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=382381&page=submissions"><i>Reltne</i></a>

I pasted this into the box to submit but then deleted it. I just wanted to see how it looks. It looks good.

I'm sure upon reflection that I would like to do a major rewrite. :) But seeing it here, my first thought is that "yet get" must be changed to something like "yet want", or something else! (Any suggestions?)

Thanks Boo for putting up with me. I would enjoy writing something else with you. Especially if we could be more interactive, and had a "theme" toward which to write.
This was written without a direction. I think you saw "Old South", where I saw "dustbowl midwest farm". I really wanted to work "Fourth of July" into the rhyme scheme, but the 16 line limit wouldn't allow it.

It was fun though! :rose: :kiss: :rose:

BooMerengue said:

Just to make sure here, instead of doing <i> I can do <color=blue>, right? Just making sure, I would hate for our work to get screwed up because I wanted to have colors and not italics! Fly and I had too much fun for me to be messing it up on the big day. :eek:

Re: Would someone...

Miss Oatlash said:
....remind us of the posting instructions? I know we submit tomorrow, but I've forgotten any other formatting 'requirements' (assuming I can figure them out...)

Mutt and I are finally finished with our poem.
:rose:

Many thanks!!!!!
:kiss:

Just post your poem as a new poem and in the intro include who your partner is...and which lines were written by which person...if you wish. Just post....

Remember to post tomorrow so all collaborative poems will appear on friday.

Thanks to all of you who are participating in this challenge and posting your poems. Thanks, Boo for partnering up with me...i had fun.

I hope the Grab a Partner challenge will continue and people will write with new partners...and post on this thread or as new poems.

I just submitted the poem that The Mutt and I wrote. This was great fun! Can't wait to see the responses. I'll post our poem on the thread tomorrow. Gotta work now...

postobitum said:
Just to make sure here, instead of doing <i> I can do <color=blue>, right? Just making sure, I would hate for our work to get screwed up because I wanted to have colors and not italics! Fly and I had too much fun for me to be messing it up on the big day. :eek:
Not sure you can do colors. Lit allow some HTML formatting, but not all.

Personally, I've just submitted anna's and mine two poems under a new, joint ID. No formatting, since it would look weird to read.

#L

Liar said:
Not sure you can do colors. Lit allow some HTML formatting, but not all.

Personally, I've just submitted anna's and mine two poems under a new, joint ID. No formatting, since it would look weird to read.

#L

uh oh... Is Anna gonna be a liar, or is the Liar gonna Swirl??

I submitted Boo and moi's work just now under the name Delayed Voyage Home.

I am quite proud of us because it started as a very simple descriptive piece and became something else entirely.

I did no formatting within the piece. It just seemed distracting. I wrote the first line and we alternated from there. We did almost no editing, and no prior discussion.

Honey and I will try to finish today. That piece is more of a conversational style.

edited to say: I am very much in favor of trying more of this.

Also in favor of doing this again, and also decided not to do any formatting, too worried about messing up a joint effort. Submitted today, co-written with Flyguy69 and people will just have to guess who wrote what! lol this was a blast!

postobitum said:
Also in favor of doing this again, and also decided not to do any formatting, too worried about messing up a joint effort. Submitted today, co-written with Flyguy69 and people will just have to guess who wrote what! lol this was a blast!
Hint: the fancy footwork is posty's, trying to salvage my leaden imagery! Great fun, postobitum, thanks for dragging me onto the dance floor. That usually requires several beers.

flyguy69 said:
Hint: the fancy footwork is posty's, trying to salvage my leaden imagery! Great fun, postobitum, thanks for dragging me onto the dance floor. That usually requires several beers.

I thought I smelled alcohol on those emails, lol - my pleasure Fly, I'd do it again in heartbeat, despite what you say you did an excellent job, ESPECIALLY in the end, I had no idea what was going to happen and it came out perfecto! :rose:

BooMerengue said:
I think everyone did a little tweaking here and there, Liar. I doubt you did enough for a spanking!

uhhh... I have 6 or 7 puppies, depending on who wakes up and cleans out their mailboxes!!

ahem, remec & Maria!

<looking around>
Butbutbut.....my box is empty! <wail, sigh, gnash teeth in a very melodramatic fashion>

Alright...let me go look into this...
<heading for Sent message box>

<g>

Back