Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could say that the music I dance to is Finnish country, music, in a way. Has roots deep in the past decades, but also connections to pop music nowadays. Some songs are from the 50's.
That sounds like so much fun
Once a year there is a Polish Festival and Polka dancing.. That's when the dresses and skirts come out.
But the bars and dance floors around here are all country and denim jeans !!

That sounds like so much fun
Once a year there is a Polish Festival and Polka dancing.. That's when the dresses and skirts come out.
But the bars and dance floors around here are all country and denim jeans !!
There usually is one polka during the night, as well. Or two, as it all comes in pairs (you switch partners after every 2 dances). I am just not fit enough for it at the moment.

Some people dance in jeans. I don't like denim between my legs when dancing, too much friction.

Oh wow!!!
That would be a lot of fun !!!
It does kinda remind me of our Polka Dancing
We just have so many more dances than just polka. Foxtrot (slow and fast), walz (slow and fast), tango, humppa (which can be danced in several versions) polka, jenkka, mazurka, bugg, jive, fusku (kind of eased out version of jive or boogiewoogie), some do boogiewoogie or west coast swing...
Usually at least 2x cha cha, some salsa, maybe even a samba.

We just have so many more dances than just polka. Foxtrot (slow and fast), walz (slow and fast), tango, humppa (which can be danced in several versions) polka, jenkka, mazurka, bugg, jive, fusku (kind of eased out version of jive or boogiewoogie), some do boogiewoogie or west coast swing...
Usually at least 2x cha cha, some salsa, maybe even a samba.
You do that proper kind of dancing. I'm more of the apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur oh, the whole club was looking at her, the next thing you know, she hit the floor, shorty got low low low low low

What fun !!!!
So is your Black Dress knee length??
Nope, it is actually mid-shin. I intend to sell it forward after it's been a year since my husband's death. But I have a similar red with white dots waiting for that - and I think I might cut that to knee length. Will need a shorter petticoat, too... (Not going to wear a petticoat tomorrow, too hot for all those layers.) As mid-shin, with petticoat it's a bit heavy when I spin.
dolores-doll-black_kellomekko_l_1800x1800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back