Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met her at work, and we got together on my birthday. My profile, has been updated. I'm dating a girl, because I like her, and she makes me happy. Not to mention the fact that she touches my noodle. As for categories/lables, those are more for other people to Guess that what I am when they're not interested in knowing who I am.
Well, heartiest congratulations. Those are all very good reasons for dating a girl. I’ve dated quite a few myself for those reasons. And I agree with you and many others that categories/labels are bullshit. But we live in a world where labels are used and so if we use them they should be accurate. (I’m happy to hear that you’ve changed your profile, will be happy to look at it.)

Well, heartiest congratulations. Those are all very good reasons for dating a girl. I’ve dated quite a few myself for those reasons. And I agree with you and many others that categories/labels are bullshit. But we live in a world where labels are used and so if we use them they should be accurate. (I’m happy to hear that you’ve changed your profile, will be happy to look at it.)
More inanity. Can you not just give it a rest?

I tend to feel that labels or more for people who are trying to figure out their place in the world, and merchandise. I don't feel that that's something that people should use to identify other people, or to wear around. If I want to know how someone orients themselves, how they identify, or what they're interested in, I can find that out through a conversation same as anything else.

Just pointing out that 1) you think labels are silly YET you asked her to explain herself to you. 2) you just made her explain herself to you just so that things made sense in your head ON A FORUM... can she (or anybody really) at least come here, at least in chaos and not have to go through that bs just for "our amusement?"

That’s always why I hated the term bisexual, or boyfriend or girlfriend …. Always. The people I was in a relationship with always thought it was because I didn’t want to commit but I believe you can commit without having to label your relationship…

Happiness is the only label I want.

I tend to feel that labels or more for people who are trying to figure out their place in the world, and merchandise. I don't feel that that's something that people should use to identify other people, or to wear around. If I want to know how someone orients themselves, how they identify, or what they're interested in, I can find that out through a conversation same as anything else.
I personally don't care if your gf is a man, woman, blow up doll or sex robot. As long as she makes you happy and more importantly, treats you well. ❤️

Agree...everytime I've wanted to ask someone a stupid question like that I ask myself why do I want to know? What is the purpose of my question and does it benefit the other person? Hint hint usually the answer is don't ask

It's 2022 and cis het people just need to at least not ask silly questions.

This isn’t a dating site.. she doesn’t have to specify who she is, what she wants … nor update if she changes her mind.

I’m sorry but your comment is disrespectful

Agree...everytime I've wanted to ask someone a stupid question like that I ask myself why do I want to know? What is the purpose of my question and does it benefit the other person?

Side note, that’s a good pro tip though. I tend to babble and say/ask exactly what comes to mind.

Agree...everytime I've wanted to ask someone a stupid question like that I ask myself why do I want to know? What is the purpose of my question and does it benefit the other person? Hint hint usually the answer is don't ask

Exactly. If I'm not involved in the relationship, I need to keep my mouth shut.

Or…. Labels are silly.
Labels are indeed silly, I couldn’t agree with you more. But we live in a world where labels are used and many of us use labels. I call myself bisexual because 80 percent of the people I sleep with are women and 20 percent men. I want people to know that because it reflects the truth and avoids awkward misunderstandings. I‘m pleased to see that Ms. Natalie now calls herself bisexual.

And you, and others among my friends, have asked me these questions in the spirit of respecting who I am. How I wish to be referred, where I hail from, and what kind of stuff I like. I don't take offense to it when people are trying to know me so that they can respect me

Last edited:
Side note, that’s a good pro tip though. I tend to babble and say/ask exactly what comes to mind.
It's really useful. It helps in other scenarios like asking people why they have a scar or what happened to their face or stuff like that.

If you do ask sometimes explaining why you're asking the question before asking the question is good too.

That’s always why I hated the term bisexual, or boyfriend or girlfriend …. Always. The people I was in a relationship with always thought it was because I didn’t want to commit but I believe you can commit without having to label your relationship…
I agree. Hearts before parts. I use the label because it cuts the fat, but I don't feel like that's something I should have to answer or explain. If I'm attracted to you, chances are if it's not your gender that caught my eye.
Good morning btw 😂
Good morning Diosa😍
Exactly. If I'm not involved in the relationship, I need to keep my mouth shut.
That approach has never failed me

It's really useful. It helps in other scenarios like asking people why they have a scar or what happened to their face or stuff like that.

If you do ask sometimes explaining why you're asking the question before asking the question is good too.
I responded badly to something on Lit and Cheekygirl told me I need to think about why I felt like the perceived insult required a response. There's some fancy schmancy name for it that she'll have to remind me of, but I still need to look into it. Some people on Lit will insult us all day. We need to examine ourselves and our attitudes before we reply/respond to the nasties.

So true. I think I’m clouded sometimes by how open I am to talk about my own personal whatever’s with people.

Or is none of our business who she dates and doesn't owe us any explanations??
Ms. Natalie has told me both in private and in public that she is very open about her life and if I’m curious about anything I should ask and she would answer. I was curious. I asked. She answered. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back