Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, elected office is an entry-level position for lobbyists or an audition for a cable news gig. :rolleyes:
Here media prefers educated journalists for news gigs. My parents (my mother is a retired journalist) say they would prefer journalists to have some general university degree, in some human science (law, social sciences, administration) instead of just plain journalism which is nowadays the norm.

Here media prefers educated journalists for news gigs. My parents (my mother is a retired journalist) say they would prefer journalists to have some general university degree, in some human science (law, social sciences, administration) instead of just plain journalism which is nowadays the norm.
Don't quote me on this, but I think many of the generation of journalists I grew up aware of didn't go to college. They'd been educated by war and The Great Depression.

Don't quote me on this, but I think many of the generation of journalists I grew up aware of didn't go to college. They'd been educated by war and The Great Depression.
Those that took part in the war were already retired by the time I reached teenage. In my parents' generation (boomers) they might not have had university degree, but still mostly decently educated. Education is highly valued here, something like 70% go to university or polytechnic, the rest vocational schools. We don't let almost anybody be left without education.
Then again, your country doesn't require much education even for teachers. Here they all have master's degree at the minimum.

There are only two parties here, so the unfortunate human tendency toward binary thinking is institutionalized and perpetually reinforced.
We have more than two parties. However, the Democratic and Republican parties are the two with the most money and influence which means that they're the ones that get the most coverage and reach. We're country with multiple parties, but we only ever see two

We have more than two parties. However, the Democratic and Republican parties are the two with the most money and influence which means that they're the ones that get the most coverage and reach. We're country with multiple parties, but we only ever see two
They are also able to dominate, they don't need the other parties. Here we have several big parties, none of them is able to form the government alone. Not even 2 parties is enough to get the majority in the parliament, as our small ones are still considerable together. At the moment we have FIVE parties in the government.

Happy birthday gorgeous Cheeky girl! I hope you have the best day and are utterly spoiled by those who love you.

May health, happiness, love (and hot sex!) accompany you every day of the coming year. You deserve it! Thank you for making me smile every day that I have known you ❤️

We love you too🥰🥰🥰
Thank you so much Ana ! I really appreciate it and you 🤗:love:🥰
Happy birthday cheeky. Enjoy your well earned naughty dreams.
Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't remember any naughty dreams; I'll have to take a nap today and try again :D
have a wonderful birthday night diva cheeky 🥰
Thank you, Anja! 🤗:love:🥰
Happy belated birthday. :heart::kiss:
Thanks, Orchi! 🤗:love:🥰
Happy Birthday, Cheeky!!! 🥳🍾🥂🎂🍫💕🎁🎉
It’s been an absolute pleasure and privilege to get to know you. You are smart, beautiful, funny, sexy, and kind. Lit is a much better place with you around… and no longer just lurking. I’m sending wishes for the best year yet. ❤️
Aw, thanks Angelica! I really appreciate it & same to you! 🤗:love:🥰
@cheekygirl75 !
tenor.gif
Thanks, Strix! 🤗:love:🥰
Uhh!!!!

🌼🌸Happy belated birthday 🌸🌼
Sweetest @cheekygirl75 😍🥰

Hope you have had an amazing day ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Looking forward to many more years of friendship 💥💫
Thank you, Cat! I look forward to that too! 🤗:love:🥰
Yay!! Our day!!
(I am just a bit more Northern than you... Up in Copenhagen)
Wait, is it your birthday too?
Yeah, and I'm awake now to wish you, so Happy Birthday, cheeky! I hope you have a good day!
Thanks Aman! 🤗:love:🥰
Thank you MM! 🤗:love:🥰
We love you too Cheeky! Happy Birthday
Thank you, you're so sweet! 🤗:love:🥰

Our "founding fathers" did not provide for parties in the Constitution, and our first president warned against them. But no human enterprise can proceed without opposition. Laws of motion and all.
The need for opposition is not in favour of your two-party system, though, and even less of the affiliation between parties and media.

Around here media is considered as the 3rd power, and its watchdog duties are compromised if there is a strong affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back