Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up trying to catch up, so someone please give the highlights.

Also, I have PTSD from watching too much Shark stuff on Disney.

Also, I had to ask my Dad to please refer to his new bed as "massaging" and stop calling it a vibrator. 🤦‍♀️
Yes, Bambi, we've seen that episode of Friends. You were offering to lay in the tub and thrash around, weren't you?

He did kind of single them out. I'm not saying that that was his intention, but I can see where some would see it that way.
Your words sound very reasonable and measured Ms. Natalie. There’s just one thing, you‘re wrong. As others have clearly and correctly pointed out, my comments were not directed at all Brits, just at the vast majority of those who holiday n Spain. It would be pretty stupid of me — and I think you would concede that I am not a stupid man — to insult all the British. My wife is British. My stepson is British. My step-granddaughter and all of my step-nieces and nephews are British. All of my in-laws are British. So I am not harbouring (see I even spell British) a secret racist hatred of the British.

May I ask if you have ever holidayed in Spain. I’m assuming not because then you would know what I’m talking about. The British (not all, but many) have openly flaunted Spain’s COVID mandates from the start of the virus until today. Want some examples. Masks are mandated in all medical facilities including pharmacies. But walk into any Spanish Pharmacy and you will see Brits roaming around without masks. When there was a limitation on the number of people who could gather together, you would see many groups of Brits gathered together drinking in much larger groups. There is a reason why the British are the most disliked ethnic minority in Spain, and make no mistake about it, they are definitely the most disliked.

You referenced that you had earlier insulted Canadians. I did not see the comment that you made or subsequent apology. But knowing you, I can’t believe it was anything but a gentle prod, something meant in jest. I probably wouldn’t even have been insulted by it. Canadians aren’t as easily bruised as, say, Americans or British. You say you apologised to Canadians and Americans both publicly and privately. FYI, I did not receive an apology, which is why to this day I don’t know what you said. And it’s not like you didn’t know that I’m Canadian, your state is right next door to my province and we’ve spoken of this on many occasions.

Last edited:
No I really was watching shark stuff! 😂

Did you know a bull shark has more pressure in the bite than a great white? And they can adapt to fresh water, so you're not safe in rivers or lakes.
I'm more of a hammerhead man myself.

Is it safe to ask if there's a cuck shark to go with the bull shark? Or Baby Shark for the DD/LG thread?

Your words sound very reasonable and measured Ms. Natalie. There’s just one thing, you‘re wrong. As others have clearly and correctly pointed out, my comments were not directed at all Brits, just at the vast majority of those who holiday n Spain. It would be pretty stupid of me — and I think you would concede that I am not a stupid man — to insult all the British. My wife is British. My stepson is British. My step-granddaughter and all of my step nieces are British. All of my in-laws are British. So I am not harbouring (see I even spell British) a secret racist hatred of the British.

May I ask if you have ever holidayed in Spain. I’m assuming not because then you would know what I’m talking about. The British (not all, but many) have openly flaunted Spain’s COVID mandates from the start of the virus until today. Want some examples. Masks are mandated in all medical facilities including pharmacies. But walk into any Spanish Pharmacy and you will see Brits roaming around without masks. When there was a limitation on the number of people who could gather together, you would see many groups of Brits gathered together drinking in much larger groups. There is a reason why the British are the most misliked ethnic minority in Spain, and make no mistake about it, they are definitely the most disliked.

You referenced that you had earlier insulted Canadians. I did not see the comment that you made or subsequent apology. But knowing you, I can’t believe it was anything but a gentle prod, something meant in jest. I probably wouldn’t even been insulted by it. Canadians aren’t as easily bruised as, say, Americans or British. You say you apologised to Canadians and Americans both publicly and privately. FYI, I did not receive an apology, which is why to this day I don’t know what you said. And it’s not like you didn’t know that I’m Canadian, your state is right next door to my province and we’ve spoken of this on many occasions.
That's fine. I know longer care. We've moved on and so should you. As for the subject of apologies. I apologized, because my remark whether it be for the sake of humor, or malice, caused distress. The mature thing to do is to try to resolve the conflict. I don't need to be correct to be right. Sir. Elton John once said never take more than you give. so, on that note I'd suggest to show a willingness to apologize before demanding an apology, just as amanuk did. I know you like to have the last word, so I'm not going to reply any further. But you should note that you are the only one who seems to still be wanting to pursue this.

Last edited:
Pretty goddamn vicious shark attack on 17 yo girl about 2 hours from me the other day. Heard her EMT brother saved her. I think she was scalloping in 5ft water. Pretty rare but still makes muh fuckers think. Hope to see some tomorrow when pier fishing in bay.
Most attacks take place in waist high water. Bulls will take off a limb and come back, so run for shore at the first bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back