Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I have ever seen boobs empty a thread :rolleyes:
I was over international waters without Internet. But mentioning boobs is like the Bat-signal to HB. Or saying Candyman three times into a mirror ๐Ÿคฃ

You alive, @HeavyBalls?

I thought of that too. I just can't think of a way to ask it
Itโ€™s worth taking time to think through and approach it best, but in my experience being honest and just talking about things (even if itโ€™s a bit awkward) is ALWAYS better.

I say all the things, pretty much always, and think my relationships have benefited greatly from it. I have numerous relationships that I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d have if I wasnโ€™t willing to be awkward and honest. If they canโ€™t handle some tactful, authentic honesty, itโ€™s probably best to know that now as theyโ€™re not going to be a good fit for me as friends or otherwise ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

I don't know your gf, obviously, but the direct approach is usually a good option. Something like, "so how are you feeling about the PR trip? It's kind of a lot of pressure meeting so much of my family..."
Yes, this!

I was in Dublin recently and had to wear a mask on both outbound and return journeys.

it never crossed my mind not to, actually. This pandemic is far from over โ˜น๏ธ
I think most airlines have removed restrictions, although airports make their own rules. Masks were not required on United and Iโ€™d say less than half the people on the flight wore them.

In Mexico almost no one wore them except employees of restaurants, resorts, tires, etc.

Itโ€™s worth taking time to think through and approach it best, but in my experience being honest and just talking about things (even if itโ€™s a bit awkward) is ALWAYS better.

I say all the things, pretty much always, and think my relationships have benefited greatly from it. I have numerous relationships that I donโ€™t think Iโ€™d have if I wasnโ€™t willing to be awkward and honest. If they canโ€™t handle some tactful, authentic honesty, itโ€™s probably best to know that now as theyโ€™re not going to be a good fit for me as friends or otherwise ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
Thank you! And thanks to everyone else who's offered me advice. ๐Ÿ™„I'm not the social butterfly in real life that I am on lit. Usually, I just go with the flow so that there's not much to talk about, at least when it comes to awkward serious stuff.๐Ÿ˜ I should kick my brother in the balls for upsetting the flow. I try to be honest in all things, but this wasn't a conversation I was expecting.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Wow!!
You, of course, no nothing about my ethnic origins, or holiday preferences for that matter.
Aman, you are a fine man, and though I know nothing about your ethnicity or faith, I can see you're good people. I would not be in the least bit worried visiting your country if you were all I knew of it. God Save the Queen

Last edited:
Thanks for that useless bit of affirmation. What would we do without you.
Really Aman, you have a lot of anger inside you. You should get some help for it โ€” itโ€™s not good for you. In case you didnโ€™t notice, the original poster ended her comment with โ€œI thinkโ€. This is not generally considered to be a statement of certainty. I was simply confirming that her interpretation of SPF was correct.

Really Aman, you have a lot of anger inside you. You should get some help for it โ€” itโ€™s not good for you. In case you didnโ€™t notice, the original poster ended her comment with โ€œI thinkโ€. This is not generally considered to be a statement of certainty. I was simply confirming that her interpretation of SPF was correct.
Let's be perfectly Fair. You did insult his entire country. I made the same mistake the other night with Canada, and in turn apologized both publicly and in private for the harm I had caused. These things can happen in conversation when we're getting loose and relaxed with our words. It's understandable, but so is the pain and anger people can feel at cost of those words.

Right, so the Brits are the dickheads?!
Actually he didn't refer to all Brits. I think I know what he means - in some places Brits are a very noticeable tourist group and not in a nice sense. The sensible ones (of any nationality) usually don't come up as clearly, or you don't even think about their nationality.

Thank you! And thanks to everyone else who's offered me advice. ๐Ÿ™„I'm not the social butterfly in real life that I am on lit. Usually, I just go with the flow so that there's not much to talk about, at least when it comes to awkward serious stuff.๐Ÿ˜ I should kick my brother in the balls for upsetting the flow. I try to be honest in all things, but this wasn't a conversation I was expecting.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Itโ€™s rarely the conversations you expect that are the hardest ones or the ones that make you think the most ๐Ÿคฃ

Iโ€™m very laid back, logical, calm, and practical in my personal life and tend to get labeled as unemotional because of it. If someone genuinely upsets me, is out of line, or I think I regretfully upset someone, then I speak up but otherwise I let most things go.

Like a few weeks ago when a truly clueless white mom (in my extended family) brought a Gettysburg bag to her biracial childโ€™s graduationโ€ฆwith a giant confederate flag on the side. Thereโ€™s all sorts of complicating factors here (sheโ€™s cognitively challenged due to medical procedures, genuinely loves historical re-enactments and just went to Gettysburg, and has terminal cancer), but that doesnโ€™t mean someone didnโ€™t need to talk to her. No way around the awkward so you just have to embrace it. We need to start โ€œrock, paper, scissoringโ€ to decide who gets the honors of these character building conversations ๐Ÿคฃ

Actually he didn't refer to all Brits. I think I know what he means - in some places Brits are a very noticeable tourist group and not in a nice sense. The sensible ones (of any nationality) usually don't come up as clearly, or you don't even think about their nationality.
He did kind of single them out. I'm not saying that that was his intention, but I can see where some would see it that way.
Thanks for the answer Ana. I know that the plague is far from over, but too many dickheads are acting as if it is. Especially Brits who holiday in Spain. I havenโ€™t flown in about four years so I didnโ€™t know what the current protocol is. Iโ€™ve read that some airlines have relaxed the mask requirement, which I think is a pretty dumb idea.

Last edited:
Oh, please!

Oh, it was a veiled insult directed at me. I'm not a fool.

He did kind of single them out. I'm not saying that that was his intention, but I can see where some would see it that way.
"Brits who holiday in Spain". Not all Brits.

Sure, he should have phrased it differently though. It is just a fact that you never even recognise the nationality of most tourists so those are never included....

Hmm I think he just doesn't like you because sometimes you're a dick. Just bc your username has the word doesn't mean you gotta act it. You gaslight people and don't seem to take responsibility for your messages. You really could benefit from learning how to apologize and admit when you're wrong or not feel like you have to have the last word in an "argument."

"Brits who holiday in Spain". Not all Brits.

Sure, he should have phrased it differently though. It is just a fact that you never even recognise the nationality of most tourists so those are never included....
I'm not saying that you're wrong. He still singled out the British. Once again, I'm not saying that it was his intention. I myself, have on a number of occasions said hurtful or insensitive things without realizing it. All I'm saying is that the post-truck a nerve, and if I were the one who said it, I'd apologize and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back