Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kinda bleak.... Is there a way to say "no" more often?

I feel kind of bleak about it, honestly. In a way. And in another way, I just feel like it's the pace of things these days. I'm trying to figure out how to make it all work a little differently, but at the same time, so many people I know say the same thing.

And it's kind of an ADHD thing too; the weirdness of my life these last years has made it hard to get the structure that I need to work efficiently.

I feel kind of bleak about it, honestly. In a way. And in another way, I just feel like it's the pace of things these days. I'm trying to figure out how to make it all work a little differently, but at the same time, so many people I know say the same thing.

And it's kind of an ADHD thing too; the weirdness of my life these last years has made it hard to get the structure that I need to work efficiently.
Yeah, I can understand that, and I think you're right - there's more and more pushing us to do everything faster and more. I think there are ways to make it work differently, but they're all very individual.

And when you throw in ADHD, of course it gets more complicated! I always feel like I'm trying to stand still on a moving floor when I can't have the structure I need to work efficiently :( And yet, people around me don't understand that I don't just *like* my structure, I actually *need* it.

Do things ever get slow for anyone anymore? I feel so endlessly busy. I can't figure out how to be not-busy these days.
I've often wondered this myself. As we get older we gather responsibilities, interests, people, things and general life shit, all of which consume time. And time of course, is the only true scarce commodity in life. Priorities......that's the key. Letting go of things also helps, then you can spend time on the things that reward you and not take from you.

I read a book once called "The life changing magic of not giving a fuck", it was a turning point for me.

I've often wondered this myself. As we get older we gather responsibilities, interests, people, things and general life shit, all of which consume time. And time of course, is the only true scarce commodity in life. Priorities......that's the key. Letting go of things also helps, then you can spend time on the things that reward you and not take from you.

I read a book once called "The life changing magic of not giving a fuck", it was a turning point for me.
I've been forced to give up on things. Even then I've managed to burn out a few times, just between work and home, work mainly. Now making my everyday life simpler as I move - no house, garden or car to worry about, all kinds of services near etc.

I've been forced to give up on things. Even then I've managed to burn out a few times, just between work and home, work mainly. Now making my everyday life simpler as I move - no house, garden or car to worry about, all kinds of services near etc.
This way of life is becoming more and more attractive to me too dear Strix, oncd my children have become self sufficient and are earning money.

I hope you will be very happy ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back