Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled boomer haha it says it’s an insult to older people 😂😂 that’s meeeeeee

I believe I’m also a Generation X

Feels like I should be some extra in X Men 😂😂
I'm GenX too. There's so many memes about people calling us boomers. 😂

Wait. What?!
Nope, not changing that.

Younger than me = kids, and most of you all are.

♥️♥️♥️
I'll keep calling you Daddy even though you're technically barely old enough to be (and that would be a no no on Lit). 😘

I googled boomer haha it says it’s an insult to older people 😂😂 that’s meeeeeee

I believe I’m also a Generation X

Feels like I should be some extra in X Men 😂😂
I think most of us “older” folks on the thread are GenX, except maybe Hotoldrguy, who might be a Boomer. And @LaisDeMarieDeFrance I’d be shocked if your mother isn’t a Boomer… anyone born between about mid-40’s to mid-60s is… if not, she must have been super young when she had you!! 😝

I think most of us “older” folks on the thread are GenX, except maybe Hotoldrguy, who might be a Boomer. And @LaisDeMarieDeFrance I’d be shocked if your mother isn’t a Boomer… anyone born between about mid-40’s to mid-60s is… if not, she must have been super young when she had you!! 😝
There's Boomers and Busters. She's a Buster.

Hmmm… Google tells me that Busters are the same as Gen X, which is 1965-1978.
Yeah, but that's not what they were told growing up. Mom has called herself a buster her whole life. I think they couldn't think of a good name for the 60s generation so they changed the dates after. 😂 The baby boom was when all the soldiers got home from war and got jiggy with it. Traditionally Boomers were from 1945-1949, then it was Busters. Extending that to 1965 is ridiculous.

Yeah, but that's not what they were told growing up. Mom has called herself a buster her whole life. I think they couldn't think of a good name for the 60s generation so they changed the dates after. 😂 The baby boom was when all the soldiers got home from war and got jiggy with it. Traditionally Boomers were from 1945-1949, then it was Busters. Extending that to 1965 is ridiculous.
1945-49 sounds like the true boom around here.

Agreed that most probably got jiggy between 1945-1949.

But when using the word generation, I'd say that you have to have a period of at least 15-20 years until that group has kids (can I use kids here?), creating the next generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back