chit chat anyone?

BlueskyBeauty said:
i'm always late for everything:eek:

i have an interview at 10:30 ..which after all this yummy stuff hardly seems worth mentioning:rolleyes:

i'd say good night but looks like everyone beat me to bed already anyhow.

:kiss: :kiss:

Don't worry, sweets. We'll make room for you. ;)

DeepAsleep said:
www.stephenrdonaldson.com

Here you can get the skinny on the third chronicles of thomas covenant, which pick up with linden avery (the chosen!... I'm such a geek.)

You can also read the first chapter! whoo!

Coolness...might just have to check that out. I'm about due to reread that series anyways...although I've been considering rereading "The Wheel of Time" (well, as much as is out so far)...hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Lauren Hynde said:
So, this is where you have all been hiding. :eek:

Not hiding...hanging out, waiting for you (among others) <smile>

Welcome back, btw...:kiss: :rose:

The Ultra-Condensed version of:
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever by Stephen R. Donaldson

LORD MHORAM: Thomas Covenant, you are the savior of The Land.

THOMAS COVENANT: Bite me.

(Thomas Covenant saves The Land.)

THE END

The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R. Donaldson

THOMAS COVENANT: I am the savior of The Land.

LINDEN AVERY: Can I help?

THOMAS COVENANT: Over my dead body! (dies)

(Linden Avery saves The Land.)

THE END

The Wheel of Time™ Series by Robert Jordan

1: The Eye of the World

RAND AL'THOR: Tam is my father.

(Nothing happens. Then, nothing happens. Then, unexpectedly, nothing happens. Everything is FRAUGHT with PORTENT.)

MOIRAINE: Everybody come with me.

EVERYBODY: No. Well, ok.

(They travel a LOT. Something happens that isn't explained. Something happens that doesn't make sense. Something happens.)

THE (predictable, cliched, dumb) END

FANS: Yah! Wah hah! This is the greatest book ever! Whoo hoo! This is the greatest series ever! Whoopie! Yee haw!

2: The Great Hunt

RAND AL'THOR: I want to do something. But doing this something is probably what the Aes Sedai want me to do, so I will do something else. But doing that something else may be what they want me to do, because they think I think they want me to do the first thing, so I'll decide to do this other thing instead. So I'll just do the first thing, since I want to do it anyway. Screw them.

(Repeat seven hundred times.)

THE END

3: The Dragon Reborn

RAND AL'THOR: Being the Dragon Reborn stinks. I'm out of here.

(Moiraine and the gang CHASE him. But even though they are on HORSES, and he is WALKING, they never CATCH UP. This is supposed to be MYSTERIOUS but is really just a plot CONVENIENCE for Robert JORDAN.)

PERRIN: I hate wolves.

(Mat and others show up out of NOWHERE. This is supposed to be MYSTERIOUS but is really just a plot CONVENIENCE for Robert JORDAN.)

RAND AL'THOR: I am the Dragon Reborn. (kills the EVIL SUPREME BAD GUY)

ROBERT JORDAN: Fooled you! That wasn't really the EVIL SUPREME BAD GUY! Now I can write forty more books!

THE END

4: The Shadow Rising

(Everybody HATES Rand, so he BEATS them until they OBEY.)

RAND: I have conquered all sorts of stuff, because I rule.

(Gibbers to self. Five hundred pages pass.)

THE END

5: The Fires of Heaven

RAND: I found an artifact which gives me limitless power. I think I shall brick it up behind a wall.

(A female character SNIFFS and thinks about her NECKLINE.)

THE END

6: Lord of Chaos

RAND: I have a secret plan, but I won't tell you about it.

THE END

7: A Crown of Swords

RAND: Now my secret plan shall be unleashed! Here it is. Are you ready? Are you sure you're ready? I'm going to make it look like I'm attacking this guy. But THEN I will attack some OTHER guy.

(He DOES, and it ALMOST WORKS.)

THE END

8: The Path of Daggers

MAZRIM TAIM: I am evil, yaargh! Fear me!

SPOOKY VOICE OF LEWS THERIN: Rand, kill Taim.

RAND: Being powerful sucks. I will brood.

THE END

9: Winter's Heart

PERRIN: I was going to rescue my wife, but that will have to wait for the next book.

MAT: I was going to escape with my friends, but that will have to wait for the next book.

EGWENE: I was going to attack Tar Valon, but that will have to wait for the next book.

THE END

10: Crossroads of Twilight

(Rand BROODS and DREAMS about his THREE WOMEN.)

MINOR CHARACTERS: There is a large use of the One Power over there. (repeat indefinitely)

PERRIN: I was going to rescue my wife, but that will have to wait for the next book.

EGWENE: I was going to attack Tar Valon, but that will have to wait for the next book.

MAT: I might flirt with Tuon in the next book.

THE END

The Books of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin

1: A Wizard of Earthsea

GED: I have unloosed a great horror upon the world. Worse, it knows my name.

(Ged sails all over the place. He gets all spooky, and the world is safe again.)

THE END

2: The Tombs of Atuan

TENAR: I am caustic and evil. Suck the fires of hell, rat boy.

GED: I trust you.

TENAR: In that case, I will rebel against my religion, anger ancient powerful beings, and run away with you.

THE END

3: The Farthest Shore

LEBANNEN: Magic is draining from the land.

GED: We must find the man responsible. Let's sail all over.

COB: Mwahaha, oh no. Mwahaha, oh no.

GED: Now I must kill you with my Tao.

THE END

4: Tehanu

URSULA K. LEGUIN: Once I was a Taoist. Now I am more of a Taoist.

GED: Alas, I am weakness.

TENAR: Never fear, Ged. We will endure with my womanhood.

THE END

Didn't you just miss me? :D:devil:

OMG! When you're back, you're back, huh?

Lauren

darling

do me a favor?

if I ever get this book finished

please

please

Don't review it!!!

:rose:

I know...

Hey! Is that a wetsuit in your Av? If it is I have the PERFECT guy for you... I'll send you his nic here- you look it up and you'll see what I mean! Could it be love??? lol :p

Lauren Hynde said:
The Wheel of Time™ Series by Robert Jordan

1: The Eye of the World

(Nothing happens. Then, nothing happens. Then, unexpectedly, nothing happens. Everything is FRAUGHT with PORTENT.)

MOIRAINE: Everybody come with me.

EVERYBODY: No. Well, ok.

(They travel a LOT. Something happens that isn't explained. Something happens that doesn't make sense. Something happens.)

THE (predictable, cliched, dumb) END

FANS: Yah! Wah hah! This is the greatest book ever! Whoo hoo! This is the greatest series ever! Whoopie! Yee haw!

2: The Great Hunt

RAND AL'THOR: I want to do something. But doing this something is probably what the Aes Sedai want me to do, so I will do something else. But doing that something else may be what they want me to do, because they think I think they want me to do the first thing, so I'll decide to do this other thing instead. So I'll just do the first thing, since I want to do it anyway. Screw them.

(Repeat seven hundred times.)

THE END

3: The Dragon Reborn

RAND AL'THOR: Being the Dragon Reborn stinks. I'm out of here.

(Moiraine and the gang CHASE him. But even though they are on HORSES, and he is WALKING, they never CATCH UP. This is supposed to be MYSTERIOUS but is really just a plot CONVENIENCE for Robert JORDAN.)

PERRIN: I hate wolves.

(Mat and others show up out of NOWHERE. This is supposed to be MYSTERIOUS but is really just a plot CONVENIENCE for Robert JORDAN.)

RAND AL'THOR: I am the Dragon Reborn. (kills the EVIL SUPREME BAD GUY)

ROBERT JORDAN: Fooled you! That wasn't really the EVIL SUPREME BAD GUY! Now I can write forty more books!

THE END

4: The Shadow Rising

(Everybody HATES Rand, so he BEATS them until they OBEY.)

RAND: I have conquered all sorts of stuff, because I rule.

(Gibbers to self. Five hundred pages pass.)

THE END

5: The Fires of Heaven

RAND: I found an artifact which gives me limitless power. I think I shall brick it up behind a wall.

(A female character SNIFFS and thinks about her NECKLINE.)

THE END

6: Lord of Chaos

RAND: I have a secret plan, but I won't tell you about it.

THE END

7: A Crown of Swords

RAND: Now my secret plan shall be unleashed! Here it is. Are you ready? Are you sure you're ready? I'm going to make it look like I'm attacking this guy. But THEN I will attack some OTHER guy.

(He DOES, and it ALMOST WORKS.)

THE END

8: The Path of Daggers

MAZRIM TAIM: I am evil, yaargh! Fear me!

SPOOKY VOICE OF LEWS THERIN: Rand, kill Taim.

RAND: Being powerful sucks. I will brood.

THE END

9: Winter's Heart

MAT: I was going to escape with my friends, but that will have to wait for the next book.

THE END

10: Crossroads of Twilight

(Rand BROODS and DREAMS about his THREE WOMEN.)

MINOR CHARACTERS: There is a large use of the One Power over there. (repeat indefinitely)

MAT: I might flirt with Tuon in the next book.

THE END

I love you.

DeepAsleep said:
I love you.
In that case, and now that I look at your signature, I have something else for you. :D

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

(Five billion people almost DIE, and it is FUNNY.)

THE END

Lauren Hynde said:
In that case, and now that I look at your signature, I have something else for you. :D

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

(Five billion people almost DIE, and it is FUNNY.)

THE END

Have you, by chance, read American Gods? If not, I recommend it.

BlueskyBeauty said:
dont make me blush..you already caused enough redness to cheeks:D

how are hun??:kiss: :kiss:

After 2 GRUELING days at work, I took this afternoon off...Been sitting quietly this afternoon contemplating my navel...WAIT, that wasn't my navel!!!

:p

Long holiday weekend holds yard work, bbq and lots of naps and rest, so to answer your question, I'm great!

:kiss:

Hey, how's the job search? Are you settled? Let me know....

:rose:

Back